Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Has anyone beat Kanrethad without using his own pit lord against him? Food for thought but maybe next time he just should stick to using impish pets and such..

Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    The thing that separates each guardian is utility:

Doomguard: Pure dps cooldown better served when target is under 20%
    Infernal: Pure aoe dps cooldown. Better served on aoe intensive fights and when a stun is needed.
    (most used in pvp setting anyways)

Pit Lord: aoe/single target dps; better served when Fel Flame breath is needed to cleanse crap off your team or raid group.
    So a combination of both? Will it do better aeo dps then the infernal (which is bad already) and will a equal in single target dps like doomguard?

If its equal then people will use Pit Lord for the added aeo (since most fights have adds) but if it isn't equal then people won't use it since its a dps lose.

And combining a dps cooldown with a utility cooldown is also a bad design choice and something Blizzard has moved away from combining dps cooldowns with utility since it isn't fun as dps to be forced to use a dps cooldown for utility. A example is the speed boost my alt shaman could got when using ghost wolfs, now the speed boost is a separate ability.

And btw we have Supremacy Imp that can dispel

Their is realistic no reason why Blizzard should even consider a powerful demon cooldown since Blizzard doesn't give new spells just for the sake of it, they add utility if needed or change a dps ability but they don't go around and giving spells that overlaps with the current abilitys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Has anyone beat Kanrethad without using his own pit lord against him? Food for thought but maybe next time he just should stick to using impish pets and such..
    Not sure if you can survive Cataclysm without the Pit lords charge
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-05-07 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So a combination of both? Will it do better aeo dps then the infernal (which is bad already) and will a equal in single target dps like doomguard?

If its equal then people will use Pit Lord for the added aeo (since most fights have adds) but if it isn't equal then people won't use it since its a dps lose.

And combining a dps cooldown with a utility cooldown is also a bad design choice and something Blizzard has moved away from combining dps cooldowns with utility since it isn't fun as dps to be forced to use a dps cooldown for utility. A example is the speed boost my alt shaman could got when using ghost wolfs, now the speed boost is a separate ability.

And btw we have Supremacy Imp that can dispel

Their is realistic no reason why Blizzard should even consider a powerful demon cooldown since Blizzard doesn't give new spells just for the sake of it, they add utility if needed or change a dps ability but they don't go around and giving spells that overlaps with the current abilitys.

I don't think you read what I posted.

But to clarify. Pit lord can be probably just be an AOE dps CD plus a special/unique tool. Fel flame breath.

Why are you mentioning Singe Magic?

Do you think I didn't know that? I also mentioned Unbound will which does the same thing as Singe magic but better. But only for yourself.

I thought i described Fel Flame breath in the opening post clearly.

What it does is not just remove YOUR debuffs but ANYONE's debuffs in its area of effect.

Infernal is aoe dps and a stun

Pit lord has a Cleave and this.
    Last edited by justinmccray111; 2013-05-07 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Wont happen, if its Big will annoy everyone blocking views, if its small sized would look ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Wont happen, if its Big will annoy everyone blocking views, if its small sized would look ridiculous

Oh really? Are you a blizzard developer and have inside information?

Oh really? Are you a blizzard developer and have inside information?
    No, something called common sense

Let Warriors summon a Mogu!

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Imagine a raid with 4 warlocks all summoning a whopping HUGE Pit Lord, you wouldn't be able to see anything, anywhere. The whole room would just be Pit Lord.

Deleted
    yes please

Replace GoService to summon a portal from which a pit lord attacks (thinking of size here as the problem) wouldn't cause bloat and make the talent feel more awesome :-)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    lol Imagine a raid with 4 warlocks all summoning a whopping HUGE Pit Lord, you wouldn't be able to see anything, anywhere. The whole room would just be Pit Lord.
    And yet, if you saw it, you'd laugh. I know I would.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Well you can out range it.. my point was the irony that the boss is given this huge power (summoning pitlord) and it ends up becoming the bane of his existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    And yet, if you saw it, you'd laugh. I know I would.
    Sure you might laugh the first few times it happens.. but then when it is constantly happening it would get very annoying.

I am however, all for a new pet.. but I don't know if blizz would do that.. they just gave us 5 new pets basically with Grimoire of Supremacy. but who knows what those crazy folks at blizz are thinking!

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this an issue?

Do people do this with Infernals?
    Use to, hunter pets that you tamed kept thier original size (There were some freaking large pets out there, such as a crock that was the size of a small building). Hunters would use em to grief ppl by blocking mailboxes, bankers, ect.

Sometime during BC, it was nerfed. (You still had the occaisonal bug of a hunter pet being the size of Godzilla in shattrath, though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

In many ways that is simply taking utility that exists on other already existing demons and tailoring it to the fight content.
    There is not really the need for that, especially with that combination/quantity of tools largely duplicating what we already have in some form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Imagine invoke at the middle of a BG a huge Pit Lord!
    This sentence just brought back memories of old school Alterac Valley, gathering a couple people willing to be sacrificed and summoning a (then much more awe-inspiring) Doomguard right in the middle of the valley, wreacking havoc for those poor hordies...

Ah.. the memories.. :')

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    In many ways that is simply taking utility that exists on other already existing demons and tailoring it to the fight content.
    There is not really the need for that, especially with that combination/quantity of tools largely duplicating what we already have in some form.
    Well, the only demon that does this is the imp.

And this is lot more interesting and cool.

Blizzard doesnt make stuff because its needed. They make stuff because they think its cool, unique and special and its playerbase thinks its cool, unique and special.

They didnt have to make new demon models. It wasnt "needed".

No. They thought it was a cool thing to do for warlocks.

If anything from this chain, I'd like an "of the Black Harvest" title
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I don't think you read what I posted.

But to clarify. Pit lord can be probably just be an AOE dps CD plus a special/unique tool. Fel flame breath.

Why are you mentioning Singe Magic?

Do you think I didn't know that? I also mentioned Unbound will which does the same thing as Singe magic but better. But only for yourself.

I thought i described Fel Flame breath in the opening post clearly.

What it does is not just remove YOUR debuffs but ANYONE's debuffs in its area of effect.

Infernal is aoe dps and a stun

Pit lord has a Cleave and this.
    Its the other way around actually, you don't read what I'm posting.

To keep it simple

Your suggestion overlaps to much with our current abilities and because of that its already a bad design choice.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115276 is what we got that can dispell 3 magical debuffs on friendly targets

And adding utility to a dps cooldown is a bad design choice for which Blizzard has moved away from. If your going to use your cooldown for dispelling then your losing dps (which isn't fun).

Deleted
    For the mechanical problems: what about a glyph that turns the visual of Doomguards into Pit Lords?

Lorewise: I'm not sure if I'd be happy with the Pit Lords (who are essentially only lower than Dreadlords and Eredar) being able to be enslaved by Azerothian Warlocks, but we already have a form of Eredar in the form of the Wrathguard, and it's only temporary, so I don't see too much of a problem with it lorewise.

I don't think the visual would be too much trouble. For one, bosses are easily spotted anyway and can simply be "tabbed" to be targeted. If the argument is adds, those are usually man-size too so clearly visibility isn't a problem. And mailboxes, oh no, someone is going to block a mail box for one minute in every ten, most certainly not like I can move to another mailbox. Aren't the more "popular" mailboxes, that are the ones usually grifed like this, already covered in players either genuinely checking mail or not?