Poll: How much gold do you have?

Thread: Gold cap!

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Gold cap!

Hey all! I was curious with the inflation of gold in Cata and more recently MoP, how much the average player has? I know that some people may not be honest with it, and this is more or less out of personal curiosity, so try to be honest if you choose to answer. You can count it however you want, between multiple accounts or factions to get the total. I am honestly very curious!

Please be nice and no bashing -.-.

Well I don't have to starve, I can afford my repairs (or the guild bank can) and I manage to buy a 40K - 200K gold mount every now and then. Gold is really easy to make in this game.

Deleted
    I've got around 300k, steadily made with no real AH campaign. Made about 100k in the last 3 weeks without trying. Sadly, not a mount or pet person and I've got sod all to spend it on!

You left out the less than 10k option

I never have more then 40k. Usually when I have 40k I come up with these brilliant ideas about buying mounts that I haven't bought until then from vendors or AH. Or just recently I came up with the amazing idea that I needed to lose JC in favour of BS, while not having a gathering profession like mining. So I spent like 25k or something on mats to get myself up to around 570. In the meantime I leveled an alt with both herbalism and mining... (Also have another alt who has alchemy). Anyhoe - I never seem to get passed the 40k mark.

Even though it's easy to obtain gold I never seem to get over 20k :<

I can't play alot, so some tactics, on how to make gold without spending alot of time in it, would be nice.

Deleted
    I believe it is 400k. I loved to play with AH which I got alot from.

10+ Year Old Account
    300K... All from AH & farming

Deleted
    Never got above ~150k...until 5.3 was released and I sold a lot of warlock tomes.
    Now I'm sitting at around 500k

Deleted
    Left the game recently with 1.5 mil that I made in a month on low/medium pop. Some others had around ten million, it's raining dough..

Deleted
    About 25k I think? Don't see any need for gold as there is nothing to buy with it, also it's impossible to make gold from a dead AH.

easiest way to gold cap and beyond imo - farm Shadowmournes(as long as they have a good price on your server). So far I have 5 alts bar my main and my main alt that all have Shadowmourne, right now it takes very little effort and the payout is pretty strong, depending on realm economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 30k, i never log into the game outside of raiding hours, basically i am sustained from the gold pool i had which was around 200k from when i played the game in Wotlk/Cata.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

Sitting around 210K atm, steadily increasing right now, took a break from farming for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    it's impossible to make gold from a dead AH.
    No it's not. People always need something. I play on a dead server and have made several million since cata.

Deleted
    Back in wrath I was one of those people having 100-1000 gold but at the end of that expansion I was fed up with never having gold so I made as
    much gold I could as quickly I could, not knowing how to really make gold I only managed to get 25k at cata launch.
    When I quit playing in cata I gave away more than 150k and when I started playing again a few months later I had no desire to make gold anymore so I rushed
    up to about 30k and I've been stqble at that amount since.

If I would have kept making gold I wity no doubt would have past the gold cap long ago.
    In fact sounds pretty fun, I think I'm going to try to go for the gold
    cap at least before the
    next expansion. When I reach the cap I am going to let the guild enjoy most of the gold.

Played AH quit abit, on and off since end off WOTLK. It was always very easy for me to milk the AH.

About 1.5-2 million made, with like 400k atm if I renember correct. AH play is not, and was never, as complicated as some people make it seem.

I mostly made my money on ore shuffling. A very server dependent method, but if you're realm is good for it, you can print money with it. Glyphs are also great if not to much competition, else you'll haft to devote alot off time for it.

Also I only use Auctionator. All thoes complicated addons and shit...jeez, don't need it. If I wanted to read a manual for an addon so I could just barely get it, I would read a book or something equally booring :P

Edit: Until like mid-WOTLK I was so poor all my gold was made with normal farming like skinning. AH play changed that from one week to another. Its that easy really.

Ore shuffle; buy ore at low price and make stuff. Can't be easiere, just quit booring inn the longer run, witch is why I only played AH inn periods off time. Especially patch bonanza is fun, my best was like 30k gold inn one day (4.2).
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-05-07 at 08:06 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Good results so far! I didn't think to get this many replies. I've only played about 2 months of mop, got burned out right when it started.

But you can make money off of many different server pops. high pop servers have a lot of comp, where as low and med you can control whole markets and make the prices your own. That's how I've made most of my gold.

Also, to help the people struggling with their gold. Use AH addons. It doesn't take much effort. I only use auctionator and it has been amazing for me

300k by slave.....ehmm....Herbs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    No it's not. People always need something. I play on a dead server and have made several million since cata.
    And what exactly do you even need this gold for? There's nothing to buy.

I make all the gems I need with alchemy, I get all my flasks through alchemy, I get all my enchanting and jewelcrafting done via my guild, all repairs are covered by guild repair and gold you get from daily scenarios.

Even if I were to be interested in expensive mounts/pets there are none to be bought. Same with expensive transmog items and the like, no one sells them.