Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Vanilla:
    1:Wc
    2:Maraudon
    3:Sunken Temple(the old complete one)
    4 Dire Maul
    5 deadmines

Tbc (everything pre nerfed i mean the first nerf not the last that makes those instances totaly lame)
    1 old hilsbrad
    2:shadow lab
    3:auchenai crypts
    4:shattered halls
    5:arcatraz

Wotlk:
    1oculus
    2:Ho stone
    3:Ho reflection
    4:stratholme
    5:ahnkahet odl kingdom

Cata:
    1:grim batol
    2:halls of origination
    3:deadmines
    4:shadofang
    5:zul aman

Panda:
    1:siege of nizuau
    2:shado pan
    3:scholomance
    4:mogushan palace
    5:gate of seting
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Magisters Terrace‎
    2. Magisters Terrace‎
    3. Magisters Terrace‎
    4. Magisters Terrace‎
    5. Magisters Terrace‎

The only dungeon I actually despised was The Oculus. But I enjoyed most other ones. Many people here seem to be hating on the big & hard-to-navigate ones (like mara, ST, BRD) but I LOVED these ones back in classic. Especially when it was your first couple of times. It was a blast to just go in with 4 other friends who had never done it either, and just explore. Yes, we got lost, and died a lot, but that was fun. I don't play anymore, but I bet I could jump into LFD and and run a dungeon for the first time, and nobody would realize I had never done it before, and we would be done in less than 30 minutes.

Call me old fashioned, but I loved the 2+ hour dungeon runs in Classic and BC. It was actually fun, and you built relationships and friendships with people. I used to want to log in purely to talk to people and play with them. I didn't log in to do dailies and get gear.

I wasn't a hard core player back in Classic/BC. I would consider myself a casual, but I could do dungeon runs. They were challenging and took team work, and heroics in BC were a lot of fun despite being hard (but again, even casuals could do them as long as they had patience). They were do-able if you could focus as a group. It's sad when they tried to re-implement *heroics* in early Cata, and people complained and whined because they didn't want to take the time to actually play the game. They just wanted a zergfest and then collect their loot.

Some people will write this off as nostalgia, but it isn't. I had an entire friends list that was always lit up during classic/BC because you learned to network and make friends (people you didn't know in real life). Around the time I quit in early Cata, I only had a couple of real life friends that I ran things with because I no longer had to assemble a dungeon group in raid chat, and I lost the connection I had to my server.

Anyway, i don't want to derail the thread! I did not like Occulus. I'm not sure I could pick 4 more, but I always found RFK a little boring, even back in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Halls of Reflection (LFD tanks really struggled to hold aggro on mobs)
    I found it was the DPS/Healers who didn't LoS the mobs so I had to run all over the damn place to pick everything up!

OT:

#1 HoR, definitely
    #2 HoS, the gauntlet
    #3 HoO, the 4-mini-boss-semi-gauntlet
    #4 Violet Hold, that damn water boss or them wind guys
    #5 Occulus, Every. Damn. Part.

1: Shado-Pan Monastery (too long, get it too much)
    2: Stonecore (because people were godawful at Ozruk)
    3: Halls of Reflection (dps/healers not knowing how to los mobs)
    4: Dire Maul (only applies to randoms; always get one or two people doing fuck-all on their own somewhere)
    5: Siege of Niuzao Temple (people never letting slimes live to chain the damage increase, making an already long dungeon much longer)

Honorable Mention: The Oculus -- not for anything about the dungeon itself, I actually loved the dungeon design and got a Blue Drake from the bonus bag. It was always about waiting for a full group due to whiners that would instantly drop. Also, nobody knows how to spell the instance name. Readingz r hard.

Edit: Also don't understand the hate that Stormstout gets. VERY fast dungeon, hoplings are awesome, and the lore is fine if you actually quested all the way into Valley of the Four Winds.
    Last edited by Alteron; 2013-05-08 at 05:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Dire Maul
    2. Old Sunken Temple
    3. BRD
    4. Black Morass
    5. Wailing Caverns

Best dungeon. Oculus. Back in the day it gave you double the points, gems, gold, and chance at a mount, and every run was less than 10 minutes, quickest dungeon ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to say the three that came as our last one in Cata after the Zandalari ones were pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    1. Magisters Terrace‎
    2. Magisters Terrace‎
    3. Magisters Terrace‎
    4. Magisters Terrace‎
    5. Magisters Terrace‎
    H Magister's terrace was fine until the PVP boss, and the pull immediately after the PVP boss.

That pull. Hofuck. Cramped stairway made it incredibly difficult to get LOS on everything you needed people to CC. and it was one mob too many to make things easy.

most dungeons i don't think are horrible, i just get real fucking tired of the LFG tool landing me in the same fucking instance 5 times in a row.
    1. Violent Hold, fucking wave instances can suck my dick.
    2. Black Morass, same deal
    3. Culling of Stratholm seeing a trend here?
    4. Old Kingdom, since that seemed to the the ONLY dungeon that was ever open.....
    5. Halls of Origination, oh are we gonna kill only 3 bosses? no this guy needs them all.....FUCK

In no order & old versions if these have been revamped:

Oculus - not a fan of all that flying around

BRD - longest instance evar! I once spent what seemed like an entire day, getting to the Emperor. (on a side-note, it was crazy-fun to stealth run... r.i.p. Barman's Shanker)

Mara - again, way too long. Plus, I always got lost :P

Shadow Lab - again, way too long. I also have a personal hatred of it b/c I had to run it a million times for some drop I wanted.

Uldaman - yet again, too long of an instance. No one ever wanted to go there. ever.

Dishonorable mention - Wailing Caverns. (you know why)

p.s. I don't get all the Dire Maul hate - I didn't love all the wings, but doing a DM north tribute run was one of the most fun things to do w/ guildies. Maybe it's b/c I'm a rogue & felt useful or b/c I like to prepare (traps, ogre suits, etc)? I remember getting my unarmed skill to max on a frozen ogre there, lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    So only 1 person in 8 pages of content has even mentioned Shattered Halls??? Not only was this dungeon extremely difficult before it was nerfed, finding a group for it back then normally took 1-2 hours then another 1-2 hours to complete it. This dungeon alone has scarred my BC experience.

Throne of Tides

Deleted
    only can say oculus, that was a nightmare to new people

Deleted
    1. Siege of Niuzao Temple
    2. Gundrak
    3. Grim Batol
    4. Well of Eternity
    5. Stormstout Brewery

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only dungeon I truly 'hated' was Oculus.

I must be one of the very few persons who actually like Blackrock Depths... I made it a personal quest to run it fully at least once with every alt. Sure, it takes too long, but I just love the feeling of the place. I just think of it of being like a low-level, long 'raid' of only 5 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    5. Maraudon - Got lost so many times early on
    4. Wailing Caverns - I couldn't stand the length of the place
    3. Gnomeregan - The only part I liked was killing gnomes
    2. Trial of the Champion - Jousting
    1. Oculus - Everything from the combat to people leaving as soon as they saw what we were running

I haven't played MoP and barely played Cata, so can't really comment on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Those who actually played vanilla remember there was no LFD. You made groups specifically to go there on purpose so those teams disbanding almost instantly when nobody knew what the fuck to do practically never happened!
    I played vanilla, worry not.

The thing is, back then I wasn't a frequent visitor of wowhead/mmochamp, not really sure if those even existed. Only thottbot was in for me, and this thing kinda sucked. So, what was the problem with BRD?

You got in, wandered around seeing multiple routes and not knowing which to take (dungeon maps were introduced later on). You could kill some bosses in the lower section, the arena event was cool and easy, you could get to the boss that drops Fiery Weapon, kill Houndmaster - but you did all those things because you were hopelessly lost. After a few more minutes you still couldnt figure anything out, and, for example, wandered right into the big fire giant near the entrance - and this thing was way higher level than other starting bosses.

So, basically - you wander aimlessly around, don't know what the goal is or where to go, and if you indeed manage to proceed somewhere, you are getting suprised by sudden challange. This place didn't resemble current instances at all - it resembled an entire zone where everything wants to kill you and you don't really know where to run away. And I know what they tried to do with BRD - the thing that worked out with LBRS or Stratholme, a place thats more an advanture than a dungeon of "run forward and kill until we get vp". But BRD was too big, too confusing, too messy and too discouraging. Thats why I hate the place.

1 - Trial of the Champion (First run)
    2 - Culling of Stratholme (First run)
    3 - Halls of Reflection (First run)
    4 - Escape from Dunholde
    5 - Opening of the Dark Portal (Black Morass)

Top 3 because I hated them with a burning passion. Bottom 2 because you couldn't skip or speed up the instance in what was otherwise a relatively decent pair of instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I played vanilla, worry not.

The thing is, back then I wasn't a frequent visitor of wowhead/mmochamp, not really sure if those even existed. Only thottbot was in for me, and this thing kinda sucked. So, what was the problem with BRD?

You got in, wandered around seeing multiple routes and not knowing which to take (dungeon maps were introduced later on). You could kill some bosses in the lower section, the arena event was cool and easy, you could get to the boss that drops Fiery Weapon, kill Houndmaster - but you did all those things because you were hopelessly lost. After a few more minutes you still couldnt figure anything out, and, for example, wandered right into the big fire giant near the entrance - and this thing was way higher level than other starting bosses.

So, basically - you wander aimlessly around, don't know what the goal is or where to go, and if you indeed manage to proceed somewhere, you are getting suprised by sudden challange. This place didn't resemble current instances at all - it resembled an entire zone where everything wants to kill you and you don't really know where to run away. And I know what they tried to do with BRD - the thing that worked out with LBRS or Stratholme, a place thats more an advanture than a dungeon of "run forward and kill until we get vp". But BRD was too big, too confusing, too messy and too discouraging. Thats why I hate the place.
    And don't forget some pats had a respawn time of some minutes, and even the normal trash was on a 60 minute respawn timer (which you would easily hit, we spent every evening for five days in BRD until we had completed all available BRD dungeon quests) - so it was even harder to tell if you had already been there.
    But unlike you, this is exactly why I love this place (and until today I can guide you blindly to any event or boss you want).

Deleted
    This is my "I die little inside when I see loading screen" list:

5. Drak'Tharon Keep
    4. Escape from Durnholde Keep
    3. Sunken Temple (pre cata lfd)
    2. Shado-Pan Monastery
    1. Siege of Niuzao Temple