Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Survival] What is your opener?

I finally hit 90!

I need help with my opener for Survival. I want to use rapid fire, stampede and a murder of crows, fervor - followed by readiness and a second murder of crows.

How do you handle this?

I don't want to use rapid fire and cast a murder of crows twice, thereby wasting rapid fire. Should I do something like this?

1. A Murder of Crows
    2. Fervor
    3. Trinkets/Pots/Racials -----> Stampede/Rapid Fire (This is an all in one macro)
    4. Readiness
    5. A Murder of Crows
    6. Fervor

This looks highly inefficient to me. I am going to be spending GCD's using readiness/a murder of crows and fervor and I will be wasting precious seconds when I could be dpsing with Rapid Fire going.

Suggestions? Also, what is a good site with good macros?

Deleted
    I do as following, using the 4p t15

Explosive shot
    Black arrow
    Serpent sting
    Rapid fire - stampede
    Cobra shot (to trigger the thunderhawk)
    A murder of crows.
    Fervor - glaiv toss
    Explosive shot
    Readiness
    Explosive shot
    Glaiv toss
    Arcane shot/explosive shot spam until I can use fervor again without wasting focus (sub 50 focus and don't have the old buff active)

Then back to the prio system.
    Last edited by mmoc2b9514a7e1; 2013-05-08 at 04:57 AM.

there are no really must macros for hunters

Stay at range
    Send pet at 2-1 sec left
    Pre-pot
    Black Arrow
    SrS
    Stampede
    Crows
    RF+Cobra to get Thunderhawk up
    Explosive
    Fervor
    GT
    AS / LnL
    Explosive
    Readiness+Explosive
    GT

Spam spam spam

That's roughly what i do at least, depends on proccs n whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I do as following, using the 4p t15

Explosive shot
    Black arrow
    Serpent sting
    Rapid fire - stampede
    Cobra shot (to trigger the thunderhawk)
    Fervor - glaiv toss
    Explosive shot
    Readiness
    Explosive shot
    Glaiv toss
    Arcane shot/explosive shot spam until I can use fervor again without wasting focus (sub 50 focus and don't have the old buff active)

Then back to the prio system.
    You don't use A Murder of Crows?

Deleted
    I am probably not following the most efficient opener, but it works.
    What I am trying to achieve is blowing all CDs during pre-potion and trinket procs.

Note: The order of abilities I've used came from World of Logs, so it may not be optimal but you get the idea

-03: Hunter's Mark
    -02: Misdirection
    -01: Pre-pot
    +00: Rapidfire+Synapse Springs (Increasing haste for faster focus regen & trinket procs at start) + Black arrow
    +01: Serpent Sting
    +02: Explosive Shot
    +03: Stampede+Berserking(Troll racial)
    +04: Glaive Toss
    +05: Cobra Shot
    +06: Cobra Shot
    +07: A Murder of Crows
    +08: Explosive Shot (if enough focus left) + Fervor
    +09: Arcane Shot
    +10: Arcane Shot (Got Unlucky no LnL proc here)
    +11: Arcane Shot
    +12: Arcane Shot
    +13: Arcane Shot
    +13: Explosive Shot
    +14: Arcane Shot
    +15: Cobra Shot
    +16: Arcane Shot
    +17: Black Arrow + Readiness (Depending if BA comes off CD before trinket procs & potion runs out, else i use readiness first to time BA with last 1-2 seconds of procs & potion)
    +18: Explosive Shot (Late LnL proc)
    +19: Explosive Shot
    +20: Explosive Shot

Then normal rotation/priority

Prepot + Precast Cobra Shot
    Serpent Sting
    AMoC
    Rapid Fire + Synapse Springs + Stampede
    Black Arrow
    Fervor + Explosive Shot
    Glaive Toss
    Readiness + Explosive Shot
    Cobra Shot
    Glaive Toss

From there I just follow normal priority.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, any time a forum thread is made on this subject it becomes apparent pretty much everyone has their own opener. Rarely do you see two people post the same list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    You don't use A Murder of Crows?
    Ahh yeah shit, forgot about that Edited my post now

Prepot
    00.01-Explosive Shot + Engniring Hands
    00.02-Black Arrow
    00.03-Serpent Sting
    00.04-Fervor + A murder of crows
    00.05-Cobra Shat + Rapid fire
    00.06-Arcane Shot
    00.07-Explosive Shot + Rediness
    00.08-Explosive Shot
    00.09-Arcane Shot
    00.10-Fervor + Arcane Shot
    00.11-Arcane shot
    00.12-Cobra Shot for Serpent reset
    00.13-Arcane Shot.....

If we use BL at start use second Rapid Fire after BL. or wait second time of trinket procs
    Last edited by arrowmachine; 2013-05-08 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Heh, any time a forum thread is made on this subject it becomes apparent pretty much everyone has their own opener. Rarely do you see two people post the same list.
    Well there is some openers that are "superior" if everything procs as it should do, if you look at forexample your first ability, it should ALWAYS be an Explosive shot, as by the time you get through applying dots/cds your ES is off cooldown again, anyone not using ES as the opener is doing it wrong.

Then there comes the discussion of BA and SpS, when to put up? Personally I go ES > BA > SpS, reason being that I can get an additional tick before i'm forced to use Readiness, giving me the chance of gaining a LnL proc, and THEN using Readiness, for 4 ES' in a row, however if I don't get the LnL it would of been better for me to go ES > SpS > BA, because SpS hits harder than BA and getting that little tick is more damage.

At the end of the day though, the difference is very small and is easily changed by RNG, what crits, what procs, etc. The important part is to get ES out first, and not wasting Rapid Fire time.

So now onto Rapid Fire, when do you use it? Assuming Bloodlust is used on pull, you want to go ES> BA/SpS > Fervor + A Murder of Crows > Rapid Fire (Berserking if trll) > Stampede > Cobra Shot (For refreshing SpS to higher dmg with agi procs + spawning Thunderhawk) > Glaive Toss > ES > Readiness > ES > Glaive Toss

The reason it's important not to use Rapid Fire before your first 4 abilities is, you will not gain any benefit from it at that point, your overflowing with focus and ain't casting Cobra's. However the same thing goes here, getting 1-4 more seconds of "Optimal" rapid fire is so minor that it's not worth a whole lot.

As far as the second Rapid Fire is concerned, either wait till after bloodlust, of if you gain an additional Renataki proc use it with 15seconds left during bloodlust, allowing you to just smash that AS button very hard, you do need to always watch out for your SpS, that falling off is massive as it hits nearly as hard as an ES tick.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

MD at like -5 seconds.
    Send pet in at -2 or -1.
    Prepot at -1.
    ES
    RF/BA
    SrS
    GT
    Fervor/AMoC
    Stampede
    ES
    Readiness/ES
    GT

Ofc, if I get a LnL proc, I fire those before hitting readiness.

After what Kiea said, I may move RF to my first GT. I use a shift modifier for BA and GT like I do with RF, so it's simpler to just use RF on the GCD I use one of those. And I'm a creature of habit, so I'm not sure I'll worry with switching that around.

After that second GT, I usu hit AS once or twice and then cobra. Maybe I'm losing tons of damage by not firing a cobra shot earlier to get a buffed SrS and summon a thunderhawk sooner. Oh well. I fear focus-capping by doing that, but it may not be warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I finally hit 90!

I need help with my opener for Survival. I want to use rapid fire, stampede and a murder of crows, fervor - followed by readiness and a second murder of crows.

How do you handle this?

I don't want to use rapid fire and cast a murder of crows twice, thereby wasting rapid fire. Should I do something like this?

1. A Murder of Crows
    2. Fervor
    3. Trinkets/Pots/Racials -----> Stampede/Rapid Fire (This is an all in one macro)
    4. Readiness
    5. A Murder of Crows
    6. Fervor

This looks highly inefficient to me. I am going to be spending GCD's using readiness/a murder of crows and fervor and I will be wasting precious seconds when I could be dpsing with Rapid Fire going.

Suggestions? Also, what is a good site with good macros?
    Make sure your first crows debuff falls off before you cast the second one.
    (Or can it be within the last tick or 2 of it like other dots?)

I modeled my opener off of Devai's opener (of dream paragon). It changes depending on whether you have glaive toss or barrage. This part before the pull remains the same however:

-24. Pre-cast traps if the boss will be pulled to a pre-set location and will remain stationary on that location.
    -10. Position pet as close to boss as possible without pulling
    -7. If you have dash/dive macro'd into your misdirect macro, you need to cast it at least 6-7 seconds before the pull timer reaches 0 so pet can start fight with full focus.
    -5. Hunter's mark anytime before the pull. Doesn't matter when, as it will be refreshed with the first explosive shot, but this HM will buff your first serpent sting.

If you are using barrage:
    0. pre-pot
    1. Serpent sting
    2. Explosive shot
    3. Black Arrow
    4. Fervor + A Murder of Crows
    5. Stampede + rapid fire + racial
    6. Barrage
    7. Cobra shot for t15 2 piece proc
    8a. If LnL has procced, use up all procs
    8b. If no LnL proc, explosive shot
    9. Readiness + Explosive shot
    10. Barrage
    11. Normal priority

If you are using glaive toss:
    0. pre-pot
    1. serpent sting
    2. Explosive shot.
    3. Black arrow
    4. Glaive Toss
    5. Fervor + A murder of crows
    6. Stampede + Rapid Fire + racial
    9. Readiness + explosive shot
    10. glaive toss
    11. Normal priority

Some notes:
    - This rotation focuses on squeezing as many explosive shots out as possible, as it is our highest damaging move.
    - Using explosive before black arrow in the beginning is important as you want explosive to be on cool down before any LnL procs can take place
    - Barrage is used under rapid fire to lower its cast time, but I use glaive toss before fervor to reduce the chances of fervor focus capping me.
    - The timing on the second black arrow is somewhat critical (after readiness). Though normally clipping black arrow is impossible due to its 20 second duration and 24 second cool down, using readiness in the opener means you can re-cast black arrow at any time. Ideally, like any other DoTs, black arrow should be reapplied when there is one tick left on the duration of the original black arrow. Black arrow ticks once every 2 seconds, so it should be refreshed when there is <1.99 seconds remaining on its duration. However, you will squeeze more damage out of black arrow if you can re-apply it during your trinket procs. This is especially true if you have a renataki's, as re-applying during the last 2 seconds of the renataki proc will snapshot black arrow with a high amount of agility, meaning that clipping one tick is okay if you can get the 2nd black arrow going with high agility. Thus, depending on the timing of my trinket procs, I may clip one tick (by casting when there is <3.99 seconds remaining on BA duration) just so my second black arrow can enjoy the snapshot of my trinkets. I have found with this rotation however that generally both my black arrow and trinket durations will end within 1 second of each other, giving me time to re-apply without clipping ticks.
    - If my trinkets proc a second time during the first rapid fire, I tend to cast rapid fire again as soon as the initial rapid fire concludes, as you can fit 5-6 seconds of the initial pre-pot into the 2nd rapid fire, though if trinkets didn't proc again it's worth waiting until they proc again before using rapid fire so you can overlap as much attack speed increase + trinket bonuses as possible. This of course can vary depending on the situation of each individual fight.
    Last edited by Cutsman; 2013-07-01 at 09:40 AM.

Wow, I use the exact same opener. Glad to see that I'm not crazy.

I do my 2nd black arrow as my trinkets/pot/engi springs are falling off and it causes me to lose a few ticks, but I'm a bit different because I'm still using VP trinket/510 bottle (been rolling Jinrokh and council every week and still no drop or roll) and my engi springs are macroed into my Glaive Toss so it doesn't proc right away.

SRS
    Explosive
    Black Arrow
    +CDs
    +rotation

Pre-pot
    Engineering gloves + Explosive Shot
    Rapid Fire
    Stampede
    Black Arrow
    Serpent Sting
    Glaive Toss
    Fervor + Murder of Crows
    Cobra Shot (to get the thunderhawk)
    Readiness
    Explosive Shot
    Glaive Toss
    Follow priority queue.

You don't need anything fancy really. Just hit all the cds then readiness.

If you are using Fervor and have Juju and Renataki both proc at the start (or just Renataki), after the readiness, save Rapid Fire and Fervor for when the trinkets reach the last 2 seconds.

Then refresh Serpent Sting with Cobra Shot and cast Black Arrow (the first Black Arrow will still be on the target at this point).

Use Explosive Shot/Arcane Shot to lower your focus.

Then use Rapid Fire and Fervor for huge focus regen.

This way you will delay having to cast cobra shot, and your Serpent Sting and Black Arrow both will do a ton more damage due to massive agility from trinket and pots that will more than double your AP (that's with ilvl 524 for me), and give about 20-25% more crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutsman View Post
    I modeled my opener off of Devai's opener (of dream paragon). It changes depending on whether you have glaive toss or barrage. This part before the pull remains the same however:

-10. Position pet as close to boss as possible without pulling
    -7. If you have dash/dive macro'd into your misdirect macro, you need to cast it at least 6-7 seconds before the pull timer reaches 0 so pet can start fight with full focus.
    -5. Hunter's mark anytime before the pull. Doesn't matter when, as it will be refreshed with the first explosive shot, but this HM will buff your first serpent sting.

If you are using barrage:
    0. pre-pot
    1. Serpent sting
    2. Explosive shot
    3. Black Arrow
    4. Fervor + A Murder of Crows
    5. Stampede + rapid fire + racial
    6. Barrage
    9. Readiness + Explosive shot
    10. Barrage
    11. Normal priority

If you are using glaive toss:
    0. pre-pot
    1. serpent sting
    2. Explosive shot.
    3. Black arrow
    4. Glaive Toss
    5. Fervor + A murder of crows
    6. Stampede + Rapid Fire + racial
    9. Readiness + explosive shot
    10. glaive toss
    11. Normal priority

Some notes:
    - This rotation focuses on squeezing as many explosive shots out as possible, as it is our highest damaging move.
    - Using explosive before black arrow in the beginning is important as you want explosive to be on cool down before any LnL procs can take place
    - Barrage is used under rapid fire to lower its cast time, but I use glaive toss before fervor to reduce the chances of fervor focus capping me.
    - The timing on the second black arrow is somewhat critical (after readiness). Though normally clipping black arrow is impossible due to its 20 second duration and 24 second cool down, using readiness in the opener means you can re-cast black arrow at any time. Ideally, like any other DoTs, black arrow should be reapplied when there is one tick left on the duration of the original black arrow. Black arrow ticks once every 2 seconds, so it should be refreshed when there is <1.99 seconds remaining on its duration. However, you will squeeze more damage out of black arrow if you can re-apply it during your trinket procs. This is especially true if you have a renataki's, as re-applying during the last 2 seconds of the renataki proc will snapshot black arrow with a high amount of agility, meaning that clipping one tick is okay if you can get the 2nd black arrow going with high agility. Thus, depending on the timing of my trinket procs, I may clip one tick (by casting when there is <3.99 seconds remaining on BA duration) just so my second black arrow can enjoy the snapshot of my trinkets. I have found with this rotation however that generally both my black arrow and trinket durations will end within 1 second of each other, giving me time to re-apply without clipping ticks.
    - If my trinkets proc a second time during the first rapid fire, I tend to cast rapid fire again when it comes off cool down, as you can fit 5-6 seconds of the initial pre-pot into the 2nd rapid fire, though if trinkets didn't proc again it's worth waiting until they proc again before using rapid fire so you can overlap as much attack speed increase + trinket bonuses as possible. This of course can vary depending on the situation of each individual fight.
    What macro are you using for Fervor + AMoC? Is it simply:

/use A Murder of Crows
    /use Fervor

?