[Resto] Need advice, haste breakpoints

Hello folks
    i m sitting at the last haste breakpoint (8882) healing rain, riptide, healing stream and healing tide totem extra ticks are working awesome but at the end of every single boss encounter im having troubles with my mana and i was wondering, is that really worth to reach the last breakpoint?.
    should i drop haste and incress critical?

here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ditos/advanced

i run on a 10m raid group!

my hps are usually good but when the fight becomes more intense overtime (like megaera, lei-shen last phase) i m having too much mana troubling

thanks in advance and sorry for english is not my native language :3
    Last edited by Editos; 2013-05-07 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    10 or 25 man?

From what i've seen most people focus more on a pure crit build in 10 man while focusing on a pure spirit build in 25. This is because mana tide is very powerfull in 25. Wouldn't say im a healing expert so there is probably someone who's going to correct me now!

Deleted
    For starters, u might want to realise spirit is stronger than Int for healers, which means you should prob change ur gems up abit. You run with 8k spirit which is pretty low on 517 ilvl. Most people run with 12-18k, depending on their setup and how they prefer to play, so theres something that could help you.

Also that Water Shield glyph is shit, especially since water shield only procs on direct attacks, so get rid of it. This should atleast help you with ur mana regen, without losing too much haste, if any at all.

Forgot to mention that i run on 10m !

Deleted
    If you have trouble with mana you should probably go for a little less haste and get more spirit.
    In most of your gear you stack pure haste or haste/"inset stat here" which i personally don't prefer (it might just be me).
    Myself i have the 5676 haste break point (2nd riptide tick) just from reforging out of crit/mastery abit without sacrificing any spirit. I might change that though since i just got the legendary meta gem a couple of days ago, but have only killed Lei Shen with it, so will see how much i need mana when we start going for heroics. If i don't oom by the end of fights i will probably try reach a higher haste cap or get more crit/mastery until i get a few more upgrades (have ilvl 516 similar to you).

Are you far away from getting the legendary meta gem? Because it might help alot if you use the proc to it's max potential.
    Also for the 8882 haste break point you need +5% haste raid buff (spriest/boomkin/ele shaman) AND Ancestral Swiftness talent, you sit with Elemental Mastery according to armory - http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

Deleted
    Running a 9k haste build with 8k spirit is never gonna work out well. (except for really short figths atleast)

In general you should gem/reforge depending on each fight. If your Healing rain plays a key role in the fight, you ar egonna want 7.7k, and then the last HST breakpoint is so close within reach that oyu might aswell.

If Healing rain plays a small role i would go for the 3674 Breakpoints, since extra ticks of Riptide will mostly result in overhealing anyways - Wether to go from spirit/Mastery or crit from here on out is personal preffernce, i am a big fan of spirit heavy builds with our new 4p. But crit is certainly not to be messed with and niether is mastery (you will realise this by the time you face heroic iron qon.)

But all in all, the reason for you ooming is no doubt your high haste and low spirit.

PS. i run with a 19k spirit build and the 7k Rain breakpoint - but this is in 25 where MTT plays a much bigger role.

Edit:miss spellings

Deleted
    The haste breakpoint is 3764, not 3674, minor detail, but never the less, in a 10man take ancestral swiftness, get the +5% haste buff, and use this haste breakpoint, unless you decide to glyph riptide then you might want to go for 5676 haste, but else make sure to have around 12k+ spirit for theese fights, here is MY armory, I know I'm not a pro player, but it might give you another view at the gear, haste, stats, etc. that might come up Try going for EU Auchindoin - heilem (panda resto shaman) on WoW armory (can't post links yet, wuhu!)
    Another thing to consider is the way of gemming, I play 25man so I go 100% in on sprit, though taking socket bonuses to get that little extra push on the gear to make myself perform just that little more, We do have another shaman that's going for troughput (healing whore style) while I go supportive style, but the main point is to find what you're comfortable with, and go with that. GL in your future raids

Sincerely Heilem

Deleted
    To add a slightly different point of view: I run 10-man with 7613 haste, rest in crit build, which only leaves me with 8k spirit. I don't oom myself often, and I'm always competing for the top hps spot with a very capable holy paladin in similar gear. Though I do have the legendary meta, hc horridon trinket and tailoring cloak enchant, which helps with mana immensely.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...n/Earthweaver/
    Last edited by mmocced3afbbdf; 2013-05-08 at 05:36 AM.

Thank you very much everyone !
    i m dropping a little bit haste to build up crit build
    also on this day i got my legendary meta gem and i was wondering how to track it with weak auras

Deleted
    Let me put up a weakauras as soon as I get home, I got a good bunch of goodies lying on my desktop at home

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    would like some thoughts on a mastery build as resto, specifically concerning HC megaera 25 man, i'm switching from ele over to resto this week for our regular resto sham, and would be the only resto shaman in the run. i have about 13.3k spirit unbuffed and i'm up to 70% mastery. we are mainly just wanting OP shaman triage CDs for rampages, which is why i forged for mastery. i've checked out my gear and i can just barely reach the 7613 haste cap, but i would have to do some weird things with gems and enchants and lose about 2k spirit to get there (would lose pandaren's step, and get 65 haste to bracers, what?).

thoughts on whether this would be worth it? or stick to mastery-heavy build?

Deleted
    You're gonna want to stack spirit and crit. It should solve your mana problems and give you good enough throughput. And may I suggest TellMeWhen for tracking your meta gem, it's such a simple addon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bokonan View Post
    would like some thoughts on a mastery build as resto, specifically concerning HC megaera 25 man, i'm switching from ele over to resto this week for our regular resto sham, and would be the only resto shaman in the run. i have about 13.3k spirit unbuffed and i'm up to 70% mastery. we are mainly just wanting OP shaman triage CDs for rampages, which is why i forged for mastery. i've checked out my gear and i can just barely reach the 7613 haste cap, but i would have to do some weird things with gems and enchants and lose about 2k spirit to get there (would lose pandaren's step, and get 65 haste to bracers, what?).

thoughts on whether this would be worth it? or stick to mastery-heavy build?
    ad pik up the 5.6k haste cap(using ele mastery) take no more than 70% mastery and no less than 50. take abwt 12k spr and use a spr flask(i only say this cos u usually ele and u can really burn through mana on rampages) after that its basically up 2 ur healing officer to assign cds 2 all rampages, remember not all cds have 2 be healer cds other ele shamis with tide and rogues smoke bomb work well. if no1 assigns healing cds u must do it 3 groups will do as the people who do the 1st rampage can do the 4th aswell. remember u only neeed 2 organise 6 rampages as 7th head dead is kill

thank you very much you all for your advices!

Even at 10m, HR is your best friend.

I see you run with 4 set bonus. The set bonus reacts negatively with crit. I for one, run with 7613 haste build and AA does quite a bit of my healing at the moment. faster casts with more spirit (around 13k raid buffed+flask) will help you with our biggest weakness. If you can, get Lei-Shen trinket. With the haste levels, RPPM will help you get more procs with it.

I run a low Haste high Crit build as well and I really like it for 10 man. For LFR I think a high Haste build would be more enjoyable. I am way far behind the curve in raiding, not having really tackled T15 outside of a few LFRs, but my impression is that we're driving towards Haste and that'll probably continue into T16.

The only thing I don't like about the Crit build is the randomness which makes it harder to judge acceptable Spirit levels. That is, depending on RNG I may end a fight with a lot of mana left (lots of Crits) or end dry (not so many Crits).
    A Haste build would be more consistent.

Mastery I'm on the fence about. I reforge it all to Crit and still am sitting in the 50% Mastery range. I am also under the impression that with all the absorbs we're seeing in healing that those devalue Resto Shaman Mastery.