Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What if WoW made Forsaken a 3rd Faction?

If the forsaken became a third faction because sylvannas leaves/gets kicked from the horde.
    Well of course the already forsaken in the horde become the type who stay in the horde and follow the warchiefs ways.

While sylvannas is doing her own thing, such as killing people to resurrect them as her own?
    We can already say she's become her own type of lich king, I wouldn't be surprised if she does something outrageous at the end of MoP.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

They're not going to do this. I'll outline why.

1. They'll never split races from their factions, because that would make people unable in many cases to keep playing with their friends.

2. Making a third faction is no simple thing. First of all, they'd have to make FURTHER changes to make sure the Alliance and Horde both still have the same number of capital cities and races. Then, they'd have to make sure this new faction also has an equal stake compared to the Horde and Alliance. Third, they'd have to revamp the entire 1-90 experience because right now, the two faction system is baked into everything from questing hubs to battlegrounds. A third faction would mean they'd need content for that faction to quest in. They're just not going to do this.

The ONLY way we MIGHT see a three faction game is if Blizz releases another MMO in the future, such as World of Starcraft or WoW2. But WoW will never become a 3 faction game. It would require them to overhaul way too much.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wont happen in WoWs life time
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    HIGHLY doubtful, but it could happen. If there was one group that's pretty much going to betray their current faction either in WoW, WC4, or WoW2, it'd be Forsaken.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post

1. They'll never split races from their factions, because that would make people unable in many cases to keep playing with their friends.

2. Making a third faction is no simple thing. First of all, they'd have to make FURTHER changes to make sure the Alliance and Horde both still have the same number of capital cities and races. Then, they'd have to make sure this new faction also has an equal stake compared to the Horde and Alliance. Third, they'd have to revamp the entire 1-90 experience because right now, the two faction system is baked into everything from questing hubs to battlegrounds. A third faction would mean they'd need content for that faction to quest in. They're just not going to do this.

The ONLY way we MIGHT see a three faction game is if Blizz releases another MMO in the future, such as World of Starcraft or WoW2. But WoW will never become a 3 faction game. It would require them to overhaul way too much.
    Agreed. The closest thing to a 3rd faction the game can tolerate is something along the lines of the Pandaren, where players are sequestered from the main world until they officially choice a side. But to add a new faction into the game right now would demand an investment of time and manpower worthy of song and legend, and be comparable to every current expansion put together

Blizzard is indeed working on a new MMO, which could very easily have a 3-faction setup. But I wouldn't expect to see such a development in WoW no matter how successfully it's implemented in the new MMO.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaNew View Post
    While sylvannas is doing her own thing, such as killing people to resurrect them as her own?
    We can already say she's become her own type of lich king, I wouldn't be surprised if she does something outrageous at the end of MoP.
    /facepalm. Gods, give me strength. Of course, she has always been a fucking Lich King, harvesting poor innocent farmers everywhere and mind-controlling them with her powerz into submission (fuck the Helm of Domination, she can do the same with her boobs). Forsaken are a horrific totalitary sect bound on exterminating all life. They conduct experiments on everyone with no other reason than sadism. She will do something outrageous, like become the main villain, in the end of this expansion. Every expansion since vanilla.

I had a multiple sarcasm.

Blizzards new MMO is going to be world of starcraft and we all know it.

blizzard has lied before to keep things a surprise because they know people search for any clues possible

easy 3 faction setup *might have to make zerg mutant terran that is playable*

plus it is something many people want and it would fit the time frame of being completed after the third starcraft protoss expansion and fit great alone the lines of how wow came after warcraft 3's expansion.

also

they could easly add ground and space combat together because they said it was going to be fps styled if i remember right and starcraft would fit perfect for that *aka guns and ships*

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I could definitely see the Forsaken breaking off from the Horde in the future and becoming a threat to all races. I definitely like the angle that Sylvanas would send her forces to find the most capable and skilled people on Azeroth and retrieve them to become Forsaken, making them a small but elite force, rather than going for a vast ravening horde of ghouls and zombies.

Might be a fun faction for another RTS, although maybe as an NPC faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always felt that Ogres will eventually replace the Forsaken within the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post

blizzard has lied before to keep things a surprise because they know people search for any clues possible

plus it is something many people want and it would fit the time frame of being completed after the third starcraft protoss expansion and fit great alone the lines of how wow came after warcraft 3's expansion.

also

they could easly add ground and space combat together because they said it was going to be fps styled if i remember right and starcraft would fit perfect for that *aka guns and ships*
    Actually, they could go for a Primal Zerg for the playable zerg. Many of them are part of the Swarm now, but they're independent creatures that don't share the psionic link the rest of them do that allows Kerrigan to control them.

This is a 2-faction game. There will never be more factions, no matter how much the lore has to suffer as a result. Your only hope is if they ever make Warcraft IV.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:37 AM ----------

Sorry, but it won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I can see Slyvannis breaking off, and taking many with her, while some forsaken drive them out of UC and remain with the Horde.

Something like that wont happen intill a WoW2.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

also

I had to look it up but it turns out there's a rumor that Blizz lied when they said Titan would be a new IP.

I don't believe the rumor.

So we all don't know it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sorry, but it won't.
    Sorry, but it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    It would work, in a WoW 2. Horde gets Ogres, Alliances stays the same, and the Forsaken become there on 3rd faction (With some other undead race type option).

Though I say Blizzard missed there chance in WoW back in BC. The Illidari could have become the games 3rd faction with Outland the mine leveling place for them. Illaden Stormrage would be the leader. Could have had Blood Elves, Draenei (With out retcon, so the Broken) Satyrs, and Naga as the 4 races. Black Temple could have then been the factions mine capital city also.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-05-08 at 02:14 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see a Forsaken/Burning Legion faction. Maybe. It'd be a longshot, but it'd be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post

I'd see it work out something like this -

At 58, you're given a quest to massacre some people from the opposing faction. You can choose to follow your faction unquestioningly and continue through Outland as part of your faction, or you can choose to abandon your faction and join a new group that is similar to Shattrah - a group of refugees and outcasts.

If they do Burning Legion, we could hope for an Outland revamp in which case you would quest as this new third faction comprised of races from both factions. You continue questing through Outland when you realize that this band of outcasts lacks the military or economic power to survive on its own and the main source of income for these outcasts is merc work.

Northrend/Cata/Pandaria - the threat is too great and the faction is spread thin. The faction is open to "hiring" mercenaries to allow you to quest through these zones as your original faction until... Level 91+ content where you go back to being part of this rogue-outcast faction.

It should happen, but it won't.

Not much else to say regarding this other than what is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    It would work, in a WoW 2. Horde gets Ogres, Alliances stays the same, and the Forsaken become there on 3rd faction (With some other undead race type option).

Though I say Blizzard missed there chance in WoW back in BC. The Illidari could have become the games 3rd faction with Outland the mine leveling place for them. Illaden Stormrage would be the leader. Could have had Blood Elves, Draenei (With out retcon, so the Broken) Satyrs, and Naga as the 4 races. Black Temple could have then been the factions capital city also.
    Now that I hear it, I want it, and am sad I can't have it...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I'd see it work out something like this -

At 58, you're given a quest to massacre some people from the opposing faction. You can choose to follow your faction unquestioningly and continue through Outland as part of your faction, or you can choose to abandon your faction and join a new group that is similar to Shattrah - a group of refugees and outcasts.

If they do Burning Legion, we could hope for an Outland revamp in which case you would quest as this new third faction comprised of races from both factions. You continue questing through Outland when you realize that this band of outcasts lacks the military or economic power to survive on its own and the main source of income for these outcasts is merc work.

Northrend/Cata/Pandaria - the threat is too great and the faction is spread thin. The faction is open to "hiring" mercenaries to allow you to quest through these zones as your original faction until... Level 91+ content where you go back to being part of this rogue-outcast faction.
    Would be rather contrived, and still require 1-60 brand new content. Considering how much it took for them to revamp 1-60 in cata using preexisting continents, making that much from sctratch is too big of an investment, and then that third faction would get shafted until 90.