boomkin solo questing

Do you start with entangle? As someone that comes from melee class and spriest, it feels like boomkin is a lot slower at taking mobs down. It's aoe also feels very lackluster..

I tried to follow icy-vein's rotation, it's not bad.. but way too easily to get interrupted imo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Do you start with entangle? As someone that comes from melee class and spriest, it feels like boomkin is a lot slower at taking mobs down. It's aoe also feels very lackluster..

I tried to follow icy-vein's rotation, it's not bad.. but way too easily to get interrupted imo
    Don't use Icy Veins for anything regarding balance druids.

Multi DoT and Starsurge procs is great for killing things.

Of course you aren't mentioning what level you're talking about, but at level 90 I had no problems soloing anything with starfall/multi dot spread.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Leveling from 85-90 is just kind of sluggish and crummy. Such is life. I don't think I used roots much though, it's easy enough to just tank things and throw up Rejuv after.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Leveling from 85-90 is just kind of sluggish and crummy. Such is life. I don't think I used roots much though, it's easy enough to just tank things and throw up Rejuv after.
    Glyph of the Moonbeast is amazing. Keep rejuv up during, and just knock back and snare. It's pretty simple.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    dot dot dot, procs, typhoon, displacer beast if shit gets messy
    and gogo moonbeast glyph for some healing (may be needed)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've levelled two boomkins through MoP content (one with heroic DS gear and one with welfare greens), and both times I found it harder to get through the content than on my other characters (warrior, rogue, warlock, shaman). You really notice the disparity once you get to around level 87 and the MoP secondary stat curves start to kick in, and your haste/crit levels are abominable. As Sunfyre and the others said, getting Glyph of Moonbeast is your best bet and kiting with DoTs/Starsurges will be your bread and butter. Cyclone if you're desperate.

i recently leveled my druid alt as feral and decided to change to balance. sitting at ilvl ~460, and killing the isle of thunder mobs are difficult to say the least. multidotting wont work with lower gear level as the mobs will just kill you, not to mention you will not get alot of procs of starsurge.

in fact, some of the specific mobs feel like those level elite group quest in nagrand specifically looking at that nasty arcane guy and guy around the dinosaurs, it also doesnt help that isle of thunder has become sparse of players lately but the mob density hasnt changed at all. i had to use barkskin! in pve! this is an outrage.
    my advice: if you are low ilvl like me, don't multidot and rather just focus on killing 1 thing at a time.
    even at higher gear levels im sure there is no reason to be caught using hurricane - looks silly too; just multidot.

however, i do recommend leveling as feral if you are capable and willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Glyph of the Moonbeast is amazing. Keep rejuv up during, and just knock back and snare. It's pretty simple.
    Ah, absolutely. I just got in the habit of hitting a Rejuv after things were dead and I was moving to the next mob. Rinse and repeat as needed. I wouldn't have ever said leveling Moonkin was "hard", but it sure was a slow haul compared to Mage and Warrior. I think my Shaman (Ele) felt more similar to my Druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I've levelled two boomkins through MoP content (one with heroic DS gear and one with welfare greens), and both times I found it harder to get through the content than on my other characters (warrior, rogue, warlock, shaman). You really notice the disparity once you get to around level 87 and the MoP secondary stat curves start to kick in, and your haste/crit levels are abominable. As Sunfyre and the others said, getting Glyph of Moonbeast is your best bet and kiting with DoTs/Starsurges will be your bread and butter. Cyclone if you're desperate.
    I agree with this completely. It is not bad to level a moonkin, it is just much slower than many other classes! Which is fine, cause with the afore mentioned glyph you just keep rejuv on you and knock back and healing touch. Then go on again. It is slow, but if you play correctly there is no chance of you dieing

The real problem with moonkin questing is the incredibly clunky shit dps dead zone between eclipses.

I switch to feral for questing, even though I don't like feral. Glyph of savagery and ridiculous movement speed make feral questing very smooth and efficient in MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The real problem with moonkin questing is the incredibly clunky shit dps dead zone between eclipses.

I switch to feral for questing, even though I don't like feral. Glyph of savagery and ridiculous movement speed make feral questing very smooth and efficient in MoP.
    You should be able to DoT and starsurge and rarely hardcast. Communion between mobs if needed. Shouldn't spend much time outside of Eclipse.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using typhoon & Ursol's vortex mobs could be kept at bay pretty well allowing for big pulls. But I guess the typhoon nerf to make the cd 20->30s makes that less effective as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    You should be able to DoT and starsurge and rarely hardcast.
    Pulling 4+ quest mobs at a time is a blast as a moonkin, but the reality is that you won't be able to do that for the vast majority of quests in this game. Though admittedly mob density on thunder isle is great for multidotting, this patch. It is an exception though.

Not to mention that other classes get back considerable resources (embers, shadow orbs etc) for executing mobs which they can keep regenerating and spending at higher than normal rate.

There were threads like this before, but seriously I dont know what the hell you re talking about.

(multi) dotting, solar beam, ursol's vortex, typhoon (proper positioning), proper target priority (especially with SS), self healing with rejuventaion, barkskin sometimes, occasional kiting.

all these abilities are enough to pull any (yes - ANY) amount of mobs, and allow to kill them without dying.

I leveled mage and priest and hunter as well, and I would never say boomkin is worse in any way while questing.

the only way for boomkin questing to be slow or clumsy is if you dont "main" your boomkin, you re not used to above mentioned abilities, and you re unfriendly with your "tab", and have bad keybind for your rejuvenation.

Just keep dotting new mobs and spamming Star Surge.
    Hi Sephurik