Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    If they seriously are reverting the nerf and still buffing SS they are on something. Unholy is already shaping to be the strongest melee in arenas even after the nerfs. The nerfs to bm, rogues and spriests are going to see dks and mages dominating arenas. Seriously, what healer, after the battle fatigue buff, is going to be able to heal through an unholy dks pressure for more than a minute? They hardly can now, hence why double healer dk is actually viable, let alone in 5.3.
    The Scourge Strike buff is nothing, you barely use it in PvP, because #1 Necrotic is so much better, #2 You use it to burn Unholy Runes if disease are already on the target and nothing more. They nerfed Festering Strike in return to make the Festerblight spec less desirable in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterdestod View Post
    Unholy might, skill takes strength down to 10% strength bonus from 15%
    FeS taken down to 175% weapon damage
    And gorefiends grasp now only targets 4 player characters at a time
    If the already in place nerfs weren't bad enough, it seems patch 5.3 has doomed DKs to mediocrity in everything except for tanking inPVE
    Unholy Might is a huge scaling nerf for PvE too, it won't make much diff for the current patch but next tier and with the return item upgrades its a pretty large scaling nerf.

DK tanks ain't the best either they fall in like 3th place in terms of tank ranks on heroic progression still takes too much dmg from single hard hitting skills vs other tanks. Most of the top rated guilds DK tanks either switched to Monk which is OP as f-u-k or Paladin, I myself changed to a pally tank just put alot less stress on the healers when you can heal yourself for 200-300k every every 6-8 secs with veng and getting rid of effects which require tank switchs 5 times in a row helps a ton too bop, divine, bop, 2x external bops....

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Anectdotal evidence, like most of the time. If someone can't figure out another class it must be OP. I wouldn't bother with people that leave one-liners like that.
    But in 5.3 DKs can still go rambo in Blood spec and land a 5 second AoE stun on like 20 people with Remorseless Winter! DKs still viable in RBGs.

Let's see, about 4.5% less strength, no free dc procs in blood presence and slightly more damage on ss which most people don't use that much, sounds pretty good to me for arenas. Unholy was a bit too strong in 2s and 3s. Gorefiends grasp nerf is pretty big for rbgs I guess, it's a good change though.

the strength nerf was reverted...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    Bitch please stop bitching, you're OP as it is.
    You mean underpowered? Yes, yes we are. We can't last a crap, death knight is the new "nuke to death asap" target.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    the strength nerf was reverted...
    Until its in the patch notes / back in testing I wouldn't trust half the crap blizzard employees put on / claim on twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelljin View Post
    Until its in the patch notes / back in testing I wouldn't trust half the crap blizzard employees put on / claim on twitter
    Holinka said it was reverted, but...

"Do you have any updates about Unholy changes since your post about Tricks?"

"I believe it is still being tuned."

I'm not really mad at the nerf itself, if it's justified, why not, but lol....are we getting nerfed due to Tricks of the Trade? Trolol? An ability which isn't even ours, so stupid, let's nerf X class because Y mechanic of another class is overpowered, w8 wut? I hope they go back on their decision, because it doesn't make any sense at all. DKs are all about damage in PvP, if you nerf it and don't give anything in return, they just become garbage. Like Anotherx said in one of those twitts, if this nerf + all the other ones go live, we're going back to 5.1 state.

So it turns out we were buffed!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-notes-may-14/

Strike changes and UM reverted. NS buffed, likely to offset the resilience fix that happened. Gorefiends grasp is still a nerf but that is almost exclusively an RBG specific change to kill the solarbeam+aoe deathgrip combo.

So if I'm reading this right then in 5.3 the changes are as follows.

General
    Blood Plague no longer benefits from the damage increase granted by Tricks of the Trade.
    Frost Fever no longer benefits from the damage increase granted by Tricks of the Trade.
    Necrotic Strike's healing absorption effect has been increased to 225% from attack power, up from 200%.

Talents
    Gorefiend's Grasp can now affect a maximum of 4 player targets. The number of non-player targets that can be affected remains unlimited.

Unholy
    Sudden Doom now requires the Death Knight to be in Unholy Presence to activate the effect that causes Death Coil to cost no Runic Power.

?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right then in 5.3 the changes are as follows.

General
    Blood Plague no longer benefits from the damage increase granted by Tricks of the Trade.
    Frost Fever no longer benefits from the damage increase granted by Tricks of the Trade.
    Necrotic Strike's healing absorption effect has been increased to 225% from attack power, up from 200%.

Talents
    Gorefiend's Grasp can now affect a maximum of 4 player targets. The number of non-player targets that can be affected remains unlimited.

Unholy
    Sudden Doom now requires the Death Knight to be in Unholy Presence to activate the effect that causes Death Coil to cost no Runic Power.

?
    Yes. /10 char
    Here come the Irish.

Ok, i guess dks got adjusted after all for balance reasons, im gonna miss the GG change, i loved gripping all of the people in AV.

And good change to NS, makes it up for resil, they probably should do something to SS to make it worth using in pvp.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-05-14 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You mean underpowered? Yes, yes we are. We can't last a crap, death knight is the new "nuke to death asap" target.
    That is exactly it. Earlier in this season it was "if DK is NOT blood pres, then tunnel him til he dies"... Now its "Doesnt matter what presence he is, just focus him til he dies"

Yet, we're getting nerfed. Mechanic is getting nerfed. Frost = death inside a enemy global, unholy = lol.. Might as well try blood + double healer, and try to time ppl out. Only way to get anything accomplished in pvp as a DK now.. Rbgs arent shit ne more either since our only melee go to ability is nerfed to shit as well, grasp.. Glad I got my titles in before this bullshit. I need to stop fighting it and go back to my mage and just cake walk myself to glad.

Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    That is exactly it. Earlier in this season it was "if DK is NOT blood pres, then tunnel him til he dies"... Now its "Doesnt matter what presence he is, just focus him til he dies"

Yet, we're getting nerfed. Mechanic is getting nerfed. Frost = death inside a enemy global, unholy = lol.. Might as well try blood + double healer, and try to time ppl out. Only way to get anything accomplished in pvp as a DK now.. Rbgs arent shit ne more either since our only melee go to ability is nerfed to shit as well, grasp.. Glad I got my titles in before this bullshit. I need to stop fighting it and go back to my mage and just cake walk myself to glad.
    Seriously, do you people even play arenas? Dks in blood presence in 5.3 will literally be immortal unless you CC their healer for eternity. Even now, you dont tunnel dks and win, you switch to dks with pressure since they dont have big D cds, from just constant pressure they are one of the most defensive classes. If you seriously think my 500k life dk with armor equivalent to a tank and 3% of my health heal going off every second is a good kill target your insane.

Dks will be the strongest melee 5.3, do you not understand that rogues and BM hunters were countering dks and they are both getting nerfed while dks are getting buffed? If you seriously thought dks were underpowered then I dont even know what to tell you.

This is from an unholy standpoint BTW, if your playing frost well theres your problem.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-05-15 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    Don't you realise that nerfing overall burst buffs DK (especially unholy) tremendously?

they should of nerf Blood Presence for dps spec, unholy/frost dks running in tank stance and still do insane dmg that halirious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    they should of nerf Blood Presence for dps spec, unholy/frost dks running in tank stance and still do insane dmg that halirious
    Damage =/= pressure though. Sure, a frost dk might still do 100k crits with obliterate while in blood pressy, but their overall pressure will be really low. For unholy it'll be somewhat the same next patch with sudden doom.