One faction's view of the other's races.

I wanted to see what everyone else thought of their opposing factions race and class(role) combinations in PVP. I mostly want to see what the Alliance thinks of certain roles as horde races but to keep it even we'll go both ways.

To start it off, if I'm going to be killed by a caster I prefer a human female in a very nice transmog.
    Physical dps? (Rogue/druid) I'd prefer it to be a night elf, not a worgen.
    Melee? I'd probably go human again, maybe dwarfs.

So what do other horde players think of certain roles of the alliance? Do worgen Druids annoy you? Do you hate gnome warriors? Do worgen warlock make you mad? What is it?

And alliance players? What would you prefer - an undead warlock or a blood elf? A Tauren paladin or blood elf? An Orc dk or a goblin? An undead rogue or an Orc?

Just curious if anyone thinks about it like I do. When a good transmog'd out race/class combo I like kills me then I'm not even mad. How about you?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I hate getting killed by Goblins Belfs and Pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allaince Lover here (Hi). But mainly play Horde for certain Reasons:

1. Orcs Honorable guys very cool people but their Flaw is that they easily get influenced by a Strong leader.
    2. Trolls My most favorite race in Horde
    3. Undead cannot be trusted and they are abominations.
    4. Tauren Honorable very calm and good tempered guys but mostly Passive guys.
    5. Blood Elves Respect to Lorthemar Theron, others ? Screw them doll-like creatures with G*y models. They cannot get rid of their obsession to magic. They just dont try as much
    6. Goblins - Not loyal, bad reputation Hope they will get extinct one day !
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

All I can say is I hate Humans, I like every other race on the Alliance but humans are just so plain and annoying as all feck.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

In general, goblin shaman make do a double take constantly. It just seems like so unlikely a class/racial combo given the nature of goblins and the lore of shaman. Starting in the worgen starting zone as a druid still hurts my brain, humans should NOT be casting druid spells lol.

Gnome anything pisses me off to no end.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    In general, goblin shaman make do a double take constantly. It just seems like so unlikely a class/racial combo given the nature of goblins and the lore of shaman. Starting in the worgen starting zone as a druid still hurts my brain, humans should NOT be casting druid spells lol.
    If you read apparently Goblins learned to be Shaman from their Troll overlords.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm proud to be an alliance player, and I see the horde as a very weak group. I think that taurens have much more to offer to the world, but orcs waste their talents on endless war. If taurens could join the night elves, they'd be unstoppable.

There is way too much internal fighting in the horde for it to be as powerful as the alliance.

Just some thoughts on the horde:

Orcs: Finally free of demon corruption, the Orcs tell everyone it was the Burning Legion's fault they nearly wiped out the Dranei and humanity, and this time they promise not to do it again. This is immediately followed by a declaration of total war against the Alliance, removing Theramoore from existence, and slaughtering unarmed civilians. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me after that, shame on me/the alliance nations that voted to let you live after stopping your brutal rampage.

Tauren: What the @#$% are these people doing in the horde? It's like the Planeteers (of Captain Planet fame) joined up with the collective host of saturday-morning cartoon villains. In a place full of genocidal, corpse-eating, backstabbing and warmongering peoples, earth-mother worship is as out of place as the normal kid on the Munsters. That is, if the dad in that show had murdered the normal kid's first dad and left a warning not to leave the family or challenge him again. The Horde gets excellent warriors and shock troops out of the Tauren, but what do the Tauren get from being in the Horde these days? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Trolls: So it's not enough you have to win and probably kill your enemies, but you want to eat them too? And do none of you have non-Caribbean accents? Could there be at least one Troll that speaks with proper diction? Vol'jin seems like he gets what's going on in general, but there was that whole "get cast out of our adopted homeland by a level 10 guy " mess, so I dunno for sure.

Forsaken: The biggest problem for the Horde with having the Forsaken be members isn't the foul experiments, terrible PR, power-hungry usurpers, or even the cannibalism. Even raising more people into undeath is sort of understandable. No, the biggest problem is that you're relying on people who already died once before to help you out now. Good luck with that. I usually take people who know how not to get killed as my allies.

Except if they're Blood Elves: More over-dramatic whining from a vaguely androgynous group hasn't been heard since the Smashing Pumpkins broke up. It's like drama and betrayal is all that can nourish them: they betray the alliance, than some of them betray each other to the Lich King, than some more to Illidan and then MORE to the Burning Legion. I'd say try to hug them, work out whatever differences you have, but they'd just put a knife in your back while ranting maniacally about some setback and claiming power for their people. Later, they would also tell whoever was listening that it was your fault too.

Goblins: At least you can pay them to be loyal. While they are a bunch of weaselly, sniveling little backstabbers, they're predictable about it since it all revolves around money for them. I assume that the idea here was to have some sort of counterpart to the gnomes in the alliance, but there is a small problem with that idea: Gnomes will test their dangerously unpredictable tech on themselves, while goblins would rather test it out on anyone other than themselves. Since the Horde is comprised mostly of prideful and angry people, I assume some sort of bloodthirsty mob will eventually set upon them with torches, pitchforks, and a pit of lava in an effort to stop being used as test subjects.

Pandaren: You joined up with the guy that wants to use the Sha, one of your ancient enemies, as a way to empower his forces? At least the rest of you had the good sense to stay out of it or join up with the side that doesn't use the phrase "lesser races" as a part of it's elite military.
    Last edited by Kazyras; 2013-05-08 at 04:14 PM.

^ +1 for the extra effort there.

I'm starting to feel like I'm alone or in a small minority with how I feel, or the horde doesn't have the same distinction as the alliance does. I just like to pay attention to exactly what's killing me. Like beyond "it's a monk/rogue or whatever" I think "it's a night elf monk" or what have you. And I wanted to see how the alliance players feel about that if anyone even pays attention to it, like if a warlock kills you what race you want him (specifically this, trying to decide on a race for mine)
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I consider alliance to be weak and putrid. Lesser races are good for nothing else than sacrefices for the dark gods !!! (exept for gnomes who fail so hard they would offend any god as sacrefice).

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that human anything are huge douchebags and are always the ones to spam emotes on you after you die.

It's fun killing night elves, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyras View Post
    Just some thoughts on the horde:

Orcs: Finally free of demon corruption, the Orcs tell everyone it was the Burning Legion's fault they nearly wiped out the Dranei and humanity, and this time they promise not to do it again. This is immediately followed by a declaration of total war against the Alliance, removing Theramoore from existence, and slaughtering unarmed civilians. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me after that, shame on me/the alliance nations that voted to let you live after stopping your brutal rampage.

Tauren: What the @#$% are these people doing in the horde? It's like the Planeteers (of Captain Planet fame) joined up with the collective host of saturday-morning cartoon villains. In a place full of genocidal, corpse-eating, backstabbing and warmongering peoples, earth-mother worship is as out of place as the normal kid on the Munsters. That is, if the dad in that show had murdered the normal kid's first dad and left a warning not to leave the family or challenge him again. The Horde gets excellent warriors and shock troops out of the Tauren, but what do the Tauren get from being in the Horde these days? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Trolls: So it's not enough you have to win and probably kill your enemies, but you want to eat them too? And do none of you have non-Caribbean accents? Could there be at least one Troll that speaks with proper diction? Vol'jin seems like he gets what's going on in general, but there was that whole "get cast out of our adopted homeland by a level 10 guy " mess, so I dunno for sure.

Forsaken: The biggest problem for the Horde with having the Forsaken be members isn't the foul experiments, terrible PR, power-hungry usurpers, or even the cannibalism. Even raising more people into undeath is sort of understandable. No, the biggest problem is that you're relying on people who already died once before to help you out now. Good luck with that. I usually take people who know how not to get killed as my allies.

Except if they're Blood Elves: More over-dramatic whining from a vaguely androgynous group hasn't been heard since the Smashing Pumpkins broke up. It's like drama and betrayal is all that can nourish them: they betray the alliance, than some of them betray each other to the Lich King, than some more to Illidan and then MORE to the Burning Legion. I'd say try to hug them, work out whatever differences you have, but they'd just put a knife in your back while ranting maniacally about some setback and claiming power for their people. Later, they would also tell whoever was listening that it was your fault too.

Goblins: At least you can pay them to be loyal. While they are a bunch of weaselly, sniveling little backstabbers, they're predictable about it since it all revolves around money for them. I assume that the idea here was to have some sort of counterpart to the gnomes in the alliance, but there is a small problem with that idea: Gnomes will test their dangerously unpredictable tech on themselves, while goblins would rather test it out on anyone other than themselves. Since the Horde is comprised mostly of prideful and angry people, I assume some sort of bloodthirsty mob will eventually set upon them with torches, pitchforks, and a pit of lava in an effort to stop being used as test subjects.

Pandaren: You joined up with the guy that wants to use the Sha, one of your ancient enemies, as a way to empower his forces? At least the rest of you had the good sense to stay out of it or join up with the side that doesn't use the phrase "lesser races" as a part of it's elite military.
    The same kind of hypocrisy exists in the alliance races.

You've got Dwarves These guys are isolationists, They enjoy a good civil war, drinking, and digging. They have an impregnable fortress buried deep inside a mountain. I'm not particularily sure what they hope to gain out of the alliance. Protection? Their capital is dug into a mountain.

Then you've got Gnomes who are basically, volatile, dangerous, minuscule, freeloaders. They are prone to accidental self destruction, and while they also have a large, mostly underground capital, they somehow managed to destroy themselves from within.

Humans have a large, sprawling presence. As a faction they're largely divided (Much like the orcs and their clans). You've got a king who refused to pay his carpenters (And players complain that the Stormwind towers, and park are still in shambles.) leading to a small scale band of masons going into terrorism and banditry. It's a miracle someone was actually willing to build him a statue with a rep like that.

Night Elves are basically your version of the tauren. You've got a large, industrialist civilization, and then tree hugging, amazonian (but lets not call them primative, nor descendants from trolls) people who abhor the horde's destruction of nature, while conveniently looking away while the humans continue to mow down trees to fund the war effort. Their civilization has many of the males sleeping for months at a time, while the women look after things in the real world. Nice.

Draenei, finally, are in a similar boat as the Night elves. The only linking factor between the alliance and the draenei is the "Light" and abhorrence of the orcs, and their fel taint. This is further complicated by the fact that there is exceedingly little draenei presence through the rest of Azeroth (The only place outside of the starting isles is the outpost in Swamp of Sorrows.)

Basically, in many cases, you've got a cast of strongly represented other races, proceeded by "The token Draenei." Whom, I may add, crashed their SPACE FARING VESSEL INTO THE PLANET.

On Pandaren, I do actually agree. The purpose of the quest was to make the player even feel like "osht, I've made a mistake." this would be doubly cemented when they help the horde overthrow Garrosh. (It also gives them reason to bite the hands that feed them.)

Humans: the most boring race in the game and the one I see most when attacked by insulting emote spammers who only travel in groups. Almost always rogues paladins and mages.

Nightelves: they live in trees, they're all about nature, they are for all intents and purposes purple squirrels without bushy tails.
    I despise nightelf druids and rogues simply because they are BUILT to take advantage of their bonus to stealth and an agi increase.

Draenei and worgen: horrible abominations to anyone who knows any lore at all. Draenei only existed as "broken" until blizz got stuck trying to think of a race to give allis in burning crusade and suddenly "oh hey guys we have uncorrupted draenei and eredar aren't the cause for sargeras going mad any more!". Same with worgen who spontaniously get a ritual keeping them sane out of nowhere in combination with a potion doing the same just cause, and oh by the way, if you play worgen just remember that before you there were a ton of nightelf druids who got the form and STILL aren't sane despite the cure being there now (which makes worgen druid even more idiotic to me).

Dwarf: insulting stereotypes abound, and yet I never see any dwarves in PVP....

gnome: gnomes seem to be played only by people who really want to rub in any potential kills they get, I often wind up in situations where allis will run away (especially gnomes) at the slightest hint of trouble only to come back with 5 friends or when I'm in combat and act as though they had me beat fairly the entire time. cause egos are a factor here...

Overall allis have the most nonsensical race selection lore wise (nightelves really had no reason to join them aside from "well the orcs were kinda mean to us in warcraft 3 where we attacked them just for being in our forests", draenei join simply because they ran into the nightelves first and again their existance as non broken is a gigantic retcon, worgen get rescued by nightelves again out of convenience since the scythe of elune is in gilneas spontaniously accepted by stormwind, current leader of the group they abandoned, because of a deus ex machina solution to varian's bipolar disorder.) really the only three respectable choices lorewise are human gnome and dwarf...then again I openly admit I'm biased and have had nothing but bad experiences of being outnumbered and swarmed by alliance guilds so... eh.

My thoughts on the Alliance from the perspective of a blood elf:

Humans: Strong and proud bunch who are highly creative and capable. Able to do more good or evil then many other peoples; see majority of the cult of the damned. Worthy opponents. Their leaders need to get it together.c

Dwarves: More amicable then humans but corrupted by their influence. Should elect one leader and be done with it; Moria be damned.

Gnomes: Too distracted by their own problems to contribute significantly outside of logistics to the alliance war machine.

Night Elves: To conservative with their plants which they value over other species. Would go to war to protect forests they don't live in nor are they doing anything with except druidic things. Immortality and sole ownership of the world for some time caused sense of intense moral superiority. Need to get down off their high horse. Very petty it seems.

Worgen: Corrupted humans. Just as bad.

Draenei: Willing to listen to reason. Work with the blood elves as part of the shattered sun offensive proves that cooperation is possible. Enemy only because of alliance.