Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm actually more inclined to hope they don't take certain stuff away again (looking at KJC <.< ).
    Tbh, this it the only thing I feel comfortable saying with an above 95% certainty will be gone.

I would love to have the animation of Incinerate changed, and more power added to Shadow Bolt. Currently the only spells in our entire arsenal I feel pack a punch (talking animation, not numbers) are Shadow Bolt (unglyphed) and Chaos Bolt. Incinerate feels like a homesick critter crawling its way to the target, that juts happens to be on fire. Malefic Grasp does feel powerful it its own way, but not the "TAKE THAT! HAH!" way of a pyroblast or shadow bolt. Now, it just feels like "yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm casting this and that and, oh, look at that - you're taking damage!".

I think they gave warlocks too many QoL improvements in this expansion to justify any further being added. I mean, what more can we possibly beg for? If you're a warlock engineer, you literally have no problems with mobility, no matter what you're doing. I can close a 300 yard distance in less than 5 seconds, no other class can even come close to that, and that's only because of our mobility. You might argue that such a thing isn't relevant because it isn't realistic in a PvE-environment (being the environment they design in I assume), but the list of funny and interesting QoL elements like that quickly add up.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    - Rain of fire glyph so it just casts it on your target. Kind of a reverse hand of guldan glyph.
    - Cleaned up and updated metamorphasis model would be nice. Differing versions in a minor glyph would be cool also but i cant imagine anything tearing me away from the awesome illidan meta tbh.
    - Pets being more responsive to target swapping in aggressive stance if not a complete overhaul to how pets work.
    - Change touch of chaos animation cos seriously it looks kind of a lame holdover from when it was meant to be a melee ability.
    - Revised 90 talents. I seriously doubt that ranged movement while casting will last past this expansion unless they plan to give melee more tools for effective ranged damage to balance it out. But atm its very little choice.
    - Revise the guardians, they are 10 minute cds that are pretty boring and inconsequential. There has to be a balance between the annoying snap shotting crap we had in cata and irrelevance like now. Infernal in particular is pretty shit.
    - Continue the normalising of demons and maybe have each demon synergise with each spec. A bit work intensive and a theorycrafting nightmare im sure, but while demon choice is now a choice atm could be taken a tad further imo.
    - Some aesthetic shit that meshes with the class for shits and giggles outside of combat. More for roleplayers i guess but if you had a passive ritual ability you could cast out in the middle of nowhere that summons friendly/neutral demons that you can have conversations with (echoing the green fire questline characters journal and learning demon names). Not generally a full on roleplayer myself but be cool for classes to have things that show their character outside of combat abilities.
    Last edited by mmocf77e0ade01; 2013-05-09 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    - Revised 90 talents. I seriously doubt that ranged movement while casting will last past this expansion unless they plan to give melee more tools for effective ranged damage to balance it out.
    Amusingly, I watched a rogue ranged one of the Zandalari warbringers to death a few days ago.

I genuinely feel KJC's snare is enough of a price to pay for the movement.

I'm not so sure the cast while moving thing is going away.

I remember reading a blue thread about how they werent happy about it but then in the next patch they added to glyph for shaman to cast lightning bolt while moving, and seriously, so many of the fights in MoP practically require cast while moving to keep competative dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Amusingly, I watched a rogue ranged one of the Zandalari warbringers to death a few days ago.

Shuriken Toss Level 90
    20 Energy 30 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Rogue
    Requires level 90
    A ranged attack that deals 1246 Physical damage to an enemy target. If the enemy is farther than 10 yards away, this damage is doubled and your autoattacks will be replaced with ranged shuriken for up to 10 sec, granting them a 30 yd range. Shurikens are coated in your Lethal Poison. Awards 1 combo point.

Replaces Throw.

Lolz
    I'm gonna say worse:
    I saw a rogue ranged Disruptron to death. Yeah, it's true, and just.. "lol". No wonder ppl were saying rogues are the new hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Different race/genders for Metamorphosis
    • Improved minion models, including different genders and choice of skins
    • Mauve Fire
    • Glyph of Rain of Fire to center on target
    • Flying demon mount (flying Dreadsteed that leaves flame trail would do)
    • More purple and black tier sets
    • Demon Stampede
    • More Imps

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    • Demon Stampede
    • More Imps
    Yes, by all means, more imps... I very much like that demon stampede idea, though.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Boterbal View Post
    Well, me and half the warlock community have always wanted a Pit Lord in our spellbook.

Be it a Minion, a Guardian, a completely new spell (like a 1 min CD that quickly opens up a portal through which a Pit Lord comes and attacks your target once for a lot of damage), or even in the form of a glyph, to make your Felhunter/ VOidwalker into a Pit Lord-ish model.
    Pitlord would be awesome.

Personally, I'd like to have more demon models to choose from. Blizzard has often used the excuse of, "You're not hunters, you don't tame animals from the wild and keep them." They are right, instead warlocks either:
    a) Pick a demon at random (at random your first summon, you bind it and re-summon it after that) from the twisting nether and drag it to Azeroth via summoning magic
    or
    b) make a pact with a demon and summon it with its consent
    Either way, there's an option for warlocks to actually go out and bind more to summon.

I know Blizzard doesn't like "wasting" man hours for class specific events, BUT things like the mount quest, and the green fire quest were wicked fun. If any of the ancient warlocks are still around that solo'ed most of their old lvl 60 quests (except the very last part of Dreadsteed in DM west) I'm pretty sure they can attest to having more quests on that level of difficulty (essentially designed inside of content made for groups, but due to no one actually wanting to help you, you had to find ways to solo it) would be very entertaining. Sorta like the green fire boss, but with more funzies, and greater reward due to potential self improvement as you gain better control over your class. Maybe the reward at the end can be a pitlord
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Honestly, I would like there to be less focus on warlocks next expac. I don't see that happening though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Increase the interaction with our demons. Now we mostly send them to attack the target and forget they exist. All minions should work more like the Felguard/Wrathguard, where they do their thing but also have an attack that we choose when to use. Be able to drag the their skills to the normal Action Bars too.
    I really like GoSac, I hope it stays.
    Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    • Different race/genders for Metamorphosis
    • Improved minion models, including different genders and choice of skins
    • Flying demon mount (flying Dreadsteed that leaves flame trail would do)
    Last edited by Mammon; 2013-05-10 at 07:15 AM.

Deleted
    I want a fucking Pit Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

If they remove the KJC talent I'm really hoping they make it baseline for destruction. Demo really doesn't need the extra mobility and I can't really comment on affliction.

I also think the snare is enough of a price to pay for utilizing the talent.

Edit: What I would like to see in the next expac is sac possibly removed and pets made more reliable.
    Last edited by ntsr; 2013-05-10 at 07:12 AM.

I want to be able to summon all Sha's to terrorize my target for 10 seconds. That would be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I want to be able to summon all Sha's to terrorize my target for 10 seconds. That would be awesome.
    but the sha have nothing to do with warlocks, they would fit shadowpriests more

As for the pit lord idea. Id be all for it, but Heres a mechanic i like. The pit lord is available to all specs, and its a bit more powerful then the other pets...however its so hard to control that you have to sacrifice life at a small rate to keep him out. the health loss can be cancelled out with a constant source of healing like the natural healing we have, but the pets special abilities cost you health to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    As for the pit lord idea. Id be all for it, but Heres a mechanic i like. The pit lord is available to all specs, and its a bit more powerful then the other pets...however its so hard to control that you have to sacrifice life at a small rate to keep him out. the health loss can be cancelled out with a constant source of healing like the natural healing we have, but the pets special abilities cost you health to cast.
    This won't work.
    The same problem with guardians and people asking to buff them.

We can't rely on AI too much. The previous model of guardians was awfull @Cataclysm. That's why they changed.
    What they need to do with guardians is provide utility. Doom guard is usefull they way it is, don't need to be changed, a pure dps cooldown, maybe lower mana cost.

Infernal brings a stun but not good enough to compete with doom's dmg. Maybe if they added something like a rain of fire arround the crater of the infernal to do dmg as long as he's alive (longer range imolation) or just better dmg for it's low range imollation, better yet, make infernal generate burning embers.

Overall I am really happy with Destro and Aff, so there are only a few changes I would make there. Demo on the other hand I feel has some glaring design issues and I spent a good while pondering on potential solutions to them.

Destruction
    • Rain of Fire only generates embers on 2 targets or glyph that makes Rain of Fire like HoG
    • make Conflagrate cd scale with haste
    • Make Immolate more powerful (damage)

Affliction
    • Return Seed of Corruption to how it worked in tbc-cata (current feels too slow)
    • More Soulburn options maybe? Don't want it to compete with Haunt though

Demonology
      Misc
    • Decrease or remove Metamorphosis cooldown (I think the CD restrains the gameplay too much)
    • Change Metamorphosis to only affect certain abilities instead of flat increase to avoid things like HoG+Meta stance dancing damage increases
    • Change Touch of Chaos animation to something more noticable and cool looking
    • Remove or decrease Hellfire self damage
    • Decrease Soul Fire mana cost (causes too much life tapping)

Void Ray
    • Make Void Ray wider cone, and disable the refresh corruption mechanic. Corruption refreshing in AoE situation means two things:
      1. On longterm AoE we will be OP
      2. Because we’re OP on longterm AoE, our normal AoE spells gets nerfed, decreasing our burst and regular AoE damage.
    • Change Void Ray animation to better reflect the wider cone

Soul Fire
    • Change the design on SF in Meta, make SF in Meta baseline Molten Core buffed, and casting it does not consume Molten Core stacks, Molten Core stacks can only be used up in caster form. SF will be the main filler in Meta, while ToC will be slightly weaker comparatively but able to be used on the move and for refreshing Corruption (ToC dps+6s Corr = SF dps so there will be a mix of the two spells used during meta, and ToC should still be a lot stronger than Fel Flame so you should not be tempted to pop out of Meta to save fury for more SFs during movement, Fel Flame will be the to go spell on the move when you have insufficient amount of fury or saving up fury for burst).

The reason for the above change is because of three reasons: 1. ToC is instant and does not scale with haste and should therefore not be a main filler 2. It feels more rewarding to cast a spell with cast time while standing still 3. It feels too confusing if/when to use SF over ToC in Meta above 25% boss health because of the limited Molten Core charges mechanic.

Hand of Gul'dan
    • Change Hand of Gul'dan Shadowflame debuff duration from 6s to 12s (while keeping it at the same damage done) to differentiate it more from Chaos Wave, and solidify CW as the burst AoE go-to spell.
    • Change the HoG Shadowflame debuff stacking to something similar to ignite to remove the second stack cheesing on the last few seconds of the first stack. Seeing the difference is almost 50% damage this needs to go away.

Thank you for reading, I welcome any thoughts or feedback on my points.
    Last edited by Micke; 2013-05-11 at 05:57 AM.

Meta on 10 seconds indeed is awful. At best, it should be 5 seconds.
    Think it turned out this way because of PVP, but since 5.0 it took a tremendous hit for pvp, time to set it back to 5 seconds CD.

Deleted
    I'd like to see a warlock tanking spec tbh. I always enjoyed the moments in Burning Crusade where I could tank with my warlock. Maybe one could just develop the demonology tanking thingy further.