Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sprdl View Post
    I'd like to see a warlock tanking spec tbh. I always enjoyed the moments in Burning Crusade where I could tank with my warlock. Maybe one could just develop the demonology tanking thingy further.
    They need to bring back the improved shadow ward for that. It shouldn't have anything to do with demonology or metamorphosis, but rather a class specific mechanic.
    Such as mages spellstealing the shield on Council (BT).
    The day the warlock becomes a proper tanking class is the day I delete WoW. I am pure and I will not be tainted. Having played a warlock since vanilla, I am not about to reroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Demonology
    Misc[*]Decrease or remove Metamorphosis cooldown (I think the CD restrains the gameplay too much)[*]Change Metamorphosis to only affect certain abilities instead of flat increase to avoid things like HoG+Meta stance dancing damage increases[*]Change Touch of Chaos animation to something more noticable and cool looking[*]Remove or decrease Hellfire self damage[*]Decrease Soul Fire mana cost (causes too much life tapping)

The reason for the above change is because of three reasons: 1. ToC is instant and does not scale with haste and should therefore not be a main filler 2. It feels more rewarding to cast a spell with cast time while standing still 3. It feels too confusing if/when to use SF over ToC in Meta above 25% boss health because of the limited Molten Core charges mechanic.

Hand of Gul'dan[*]Change the HoG Shadowflame debuff stacking to something similar to ignite to remove the second stack cheesing on the last few seconds of the first stack. Seeing the difference is almost 50% damage this needs to go away.[/list]
    But this is what makes demonology unique and FUN. You need to be aware of things. You can't pop in and out of Meta as you like (don't see how this is a problem except when you get the Lei Shen trinket), stance dancing is great fun and unique. Life tapping makes the rotation more fun, you can't just spam soul fire, you need to know when to use life tap. Agree on hellfire though, it just feels a bit weird.

I do think ToC looks pretty cool and unique. But it's indeed a bit boring for it to be a filler, wish it scaled with haste as paladins abilities does. But in another way I like to be instant to be able to easily cast while moving.

What I would like to see, as a fun thing, is gender of the demons as well. It might be a bit hard to make certain things more feminine though, except for the succubus, since you clearly see it's a female. You only know that voidwalker for example, is male because how it speaks. In general I would like something more about the demons, some new ability, new pet etc.

Deleted
    I see a fair few people wanting ROF made simpler or flat out removed, would people really be satisfied with the destro "rotation" with ROF gone? It would feel so bare bones with only immolate, conflag and incin as your filler, ROF really feels "needed" for me, otherwise it's simply too bland, having to target it is a nice means of spicing things up a bit, though I can understand people wanting a glyph to remove that aspect (though personally, I'd rather just have a little big of increased range).

In a similar vein, I wouldn't mind having one more dot added to the affliction rotation, be it syphon life or immolate, though I doubt we'll see it - I liked WOTLK Naxx's dot heavy play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I see a fair few people wanting ROF made simpler or flat out removed, would people really be satisfied with the destro "rotation" with ROF gone? It would feel so bare bones with only immolate, conflag and incin as your filler, ROF really feels "needed" for me, otherwise it's simply too bland, having to target it is a nice means of spicing things up a bit, though I can understand people wanting a glyph to remove that aspect (though personally, I'd rather just have a little big of increased range).

In a similar vein, I wouldn't mind having one more dot added to the affliction rotation, be it syphon life or immolate, though I doubt we'll see it - I liked WOTLK Naxx's dot heavy play.
    How about just adding, you know, an actual single target spell in the rotation? Instead of using some clunky ability that shits on CC.

I hope they dont touch KJC , i love that too much as destro.
    i think people are grasping at straws thinking they will update demon models, i mean fuck 9 years now and people still yet to see race models updated.
    ROF needs to stay, im actually quite happy with it the way it is and part of the rotation.
    All im hoping for is no silly gimmick like the gateway again, granted i use it sometimes but i feel it wasnt worth it in the long run. Im sure some disagree ofc but thats my own personal opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    How about just adding, you know, an actual single target spell in the rotation? Instead of using some clunky ability that shits on CC.
    Which isn't what people are asking for when they want it removed. I'm not arguing that ROF is perfect, but I prefer it to nothing, adding a new ability would be fine too, but most things (including blizzard) seem to suggest removing it from the rotation, since it wasn't intended and is, as you say, clunky.

Also, CC is still in the game outside of PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the class is currently, even though I wish we could tank.

But I am going to be realistic here. I want an "enrage" mechanic for both Demonology and Destruction. Like, you build half your fury and ember bits, and for affliction, instantly restores one or two soul shards. tier 15 feels like a bandaid for the two specs

Other than that, QoL issues, I want a female Felguard and female meta

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    I like how the class is currently, even though I wish we could tank.

But I am going to be realistic here. I want an "enrage" mechanic for both Demonology and Destruction. Like, you build half your fury and ember bits, and for affliction, instantly restores one or two soul shards. tier 15 feels like a bandaid for the two specs

Other than that, QoL issues, I want a female Felguard and female meta
    Do Felguards have a gender?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    Do Felguards have a gender?
    Instory, Demons don't reproduce sexually so gender is a non-issue. Demons appear visually as corrupted forms of the races they were made from (Eredar Man'ari from Draenei-esque original Eredar, for example). Now, the Succubus' could potentially be a one-gender race, since a fan theory is that the sacrificing of the males were what drew the Legion's attention. But we've seen two genders of demons before: Eredar, the Eredar female twins in Sunwell. So, in theory anyway, there could potentially be demons that were formerly female members of the before-Felguard race that kept looking physically female after their transformation.

I will say that a female Meta form would be AMAZING for us to get. Otherwise, there's not really much I can think of off the top of my head, some changes could be made that I'd be happy about but I can't think of any. Mechanically, the Warlock class works very well. Maybe Affli is a bit weak when not allowed to cast MG, there's the whole issue about whether pets should be better intigrated with the specs or not, and maybe a Warlock-only teleport that would have a teleport to every continent but not to a major city but a warlock-appropriate area (eg, Alter of Storms on EK, Felwood in Kalimdor, Hand of Gul'dan in Outlands, etc) which could perhaps contain a few story-intigrated Council of the Black Harvest NPCs and Warlock trainers for easy spec changing.
    Last edited by mmoc95c4570f6c; 2013-05-12 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Now, the Succubus' could potentially be a one-gender race, since a fan theory is that the sacrificing of the males were what drew the Legion's attention.
    Incubi are mentioned in one of the books, they do exist, the offical story goes that the knowledge of how to summon them has been lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Instory, Demons don't reproduce sexually so gender is a non-issue. Demons appear visually as corrupted forms of the races they were made from (Eredar Man'ari from Draenei-esque original Eredar, for example). Now, the Succubus' could potentially be a one-gender race, since a fan theory is that the sacrificing of the males were what drew the Legion's attention. But we've seen two genders of demons before: Eredar, the Eredar female twins in Sunwell. So, in theory anyway, there could potentially be demons that were formerly female members of the before-Felguard race that kept looking physically female after their transformation.

I will say that a female Meta form would be AMAZING for us to get. Otherwise, there's not really much I can think of off the top of my head, some changes could be made that I'd be happy about but I can't think of any. Mechanically, the Warlock class works very well. Maybe Affli is a bit weak when not allowed to cast MG, there's the whole issue about whether pets should be better intigrated with the specs or not, and maybe a Warlock-only teleport that would have a teleport to every continent but not to a major city but a warlock-appropriate area (eg, Alter of Storms on EK, Felwood in Kalimdor, Hand of Gul'dan in Outlands, etc) which could perhaps contain a few story-intigrated Council of the Black Harvest NPCs and Warlock trainers for easy spec changing.
    No offence, but source? I am pretty sure they do produce sexually, but they just dont bother, as they all are technically immortal, unless killed in the twisting nether. For instance, Eredar... we have ur archimonde type (stoic no wings), your kiljaeden type (wings YAY), your wrathguard (you dumb brutes) and your hot females. Pretty sure, before the felguards became felguards they had females >.> so where are they? Succubi have incubi, voids might be completely genderless, puppies prob have a gender but are like dogs (one has a wiener the other doesnt), and Imps, hell if i know, but they do have invader zim on their side.

And then u just said, female meta would be awesome, though, by what you said, visually corrupt means no tits for you and you become illidan.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont change anything rotational about destro/demo. i have never had as much fun in this game as i do playing my lock right now.

fix RoF use in single target (but NOT by removing the reticule)
    doomguard more powerful, in a 10minute fight not popping your doomguard doesnt even feel like you lost dps :s
    make infernal MUCH more powerful, so that he is used as more than a stun in BG's

leave locks alone mostly. love 'em

10+ Year Old Account
    Give us tanking spec
    So we don't have to rage at stupidity of tanks who forget to pop up their defensive CDs in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Give us tanking spec
    So we don't have to rage at stupidity of tanks who forget to pop up their defensive CDs in time.
    You can do that by rolling a tank and tanking yourself to begin with.

Speaking of utility though, would be nice to get a raid cooldown like VE/SLT/Tranq. Right now to be honest, I'd settle for Tranq from a Druid's Symbiosis. As it is this expansion, my last 10 man guild and this one are relying a lot on them from Hybrids on some encounters, to the point of dropping pures. Not sure if that's passing the 'bring the player not the class' test.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You can do that by rolling a tank and tanking yourself to begin with.

Speaking of utility though, would be nice to get a raid cooldown like VE/SLT/Tranq. Right now to be honest, I'd settle for Tranq from a Druid's Symbiosis. As it is this expansion, my last 10 man guild and this one are relying a lot on them from Hybrids on some encounters, to the point of dropping pures. Not sure if that's passing the 'bring the player not the class' test.
    Rolling is not an option.
    I once saw on youtube how lock tanked anub 25 heroic in actual content, that was FKIN COOL. I dnk why they didn't continued to work on that, but well, if we're not supposed to do so than whatever.
    And yes, Locks lack value of Raid CDs except Healthstones.

Meta Flight Form

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Rolling is not an option.
    I once saw on youtube how lock tanked anub 25 heroic in actual content, that was FKIN COOL. I dnk why they didn't continued to work on that, but well, if we're not supposed to do so than whatever.
    I saw that too. Back when you could get uncrit from Resilience, and the raid group in question vastly outgeared the content.
    And yes, Locks lack value of Raid CDs except Healthstones.
    Careful to say Pures here. Hunters, Mages and Rogues suffered more, while SPriest benefits doubly from having VE and gaining Tranq.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    No offence, but source? I am pretty sure they do produce sexually, but they just dont bother, as they all are technically immortal, unless killed in the twisting nether. For instance, Eredar... we have ur archimonde type (stoic no wings), your kiljaeden type (wings YAY), your wrathguard (you dumb brutes) and your hot females. Pretty sure, before the felguards became felguards they had females >.> so where are they? Succubi have incubi, voids might be completely genderless, puppies prob have a gender but are like dogs (one has a wiener the other doesnt), and Imps, hell if i know, but they do have invader zim on their side.

And then u just said, female meta would be awesome, though, by what you said, visually corrupt means no tits for you and you become illidan.
    The point I was tryng to make is that for Demons gender is a more aesthetic than physical point, you'll see I mentioned that races with male/female dimorphism kept that after becoming demons (I even pointed out the Eredar Twins). For the source, I'm trying to find it but (unless I'm mistaken) I believe that in Rise of the Horde one of the Eredars spying on Durotan and his wifey is either disgusted or ignores their rutting. Wish I had the physical book with me. And I really don't think you got what I was trying to say, I'm saying that gender for all intents and purposes is aesthetic to demons and comes from the original race's being corrupted as male/females.

And Jessicka, I'll admit I have not read that book, so it's good to know ^.^ Hopefully they'll add them in as an art asset the next time we face the Legion...
    Last edited by mmoc95c4570f6c; 2013-05-13 at 01:08 PM.

I honestly dont think Blizz will ever add a raid wide CD to Locks... They already have enough reasons to be brought to the raid - Healthstone, Summon Stone, Gateway (its not necessary, but its quite useful on a couple encounters), and of course, the greatest reason - DPS.

Hunters for other side, dont offer any raid utility and the DPS isn't that great, i would even say if it wasnt for the sake of having someone to use the mail drops and ranged weapons no one would bring Hunters to raid this tier. =/

@topic

Im quite happy with locks in MoP, but i would like having a targeted version of RoF that doesnt break CCs as part of the base rotation. Would love too if Blizz add a racial flying mount (as i think i read about it a while ago)... *-*

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Deleted
    SOULBURN : Summon
    Summons all your raid members at once.

SOULBURN : Soulstone
    Resurects up to 3 dead players within 50 yds. (Must be in LoS).

Trying hard to be more serious :

Affliction
    - More dot damage and less MG damage. This is important for PvP and PvE.
    - Better AoE, the SoC + Corr changes together messed up our AoE pretty big time.
    - A decrease in dmg reduction on everlasting affliction glyph for some fights
    - The ability to not burn 2 soulshards in a row. Ie if you burn one, you are locked out of soulburn until you use a soulburn spell. Like it is for destro with embers

Destro :
    - RoF : Do something with this. Anything. Targetable via glyph (inverted hand of guldan glyph), follows target, whatever. Just do smething as keeping this up reminds me of ISF mechanic in ICC. Horrible.
    - Removal of the ChaosBolt DoT. It's a very bad bandaid to a non existant problem.

Demo :
    Haven't played enough of demo, but the meta CD is highly annoying indeed.

I would also enjoy more Wilfred Fizzlebang.
    Last edited by mmoc8ee790e781; 2013-05-13 at 01:26 PM.