10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    (someone remind me when that was put in the game)
    Patch 2.2, damn that was a long time ago
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Ease of access is a double edged sword for Blizzard. While it may attract more casuals in the short term, it also creates boredom much faster, and Blizzard simply cannot keep up with the amount of simplified content the player base rapidly eats up. On top of that, overall design quality seems to have taken a hit, WoW has become a repetitive grind to the point of being more of a task based job (i.e. log in to do yet another round of dailies) than a thought provoking game. I'm not surprised to see the sub drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Ease of access is a double edged sword for Blizzard. While it may attract more casuals in the short term, it also creates boredom much faster, and Blizzard simply cannot keep up with the amount of simplified content the player base rapidly eats up.
    Experience suggests this is not actually the real problem. People become almost instantly bored with content they don't have a good prospect to do, since it might as well not even be in the game for them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Experience suggests this is not actually the real problem. People become almost instantly bored with content they don't have a good prospect to do, since it might as well not even be in the game for them.
    it's a balance to strike

if the goal is too far, to difficult, too impossible, some might be discouraged and gave up => unsub
    but if you give it too easy too fast, feels like you reach your goal, nothing more to see => boredom, unsub
    thing is, you need to design so that there is always that goal you strive for, not yet within your reach but definitely accessible.

why in some game like call of duty, some player find it fun to wipe all their progress (prestige) and start over? Maybe they found fun in the actual gameplay so the grind isn't a chore. Maybe that's it, bliz need to make the actual gameplay, killing mod, doing quest fun and engaging tru repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Still better then walking in zones with /who: 0 people
    Why? We've been fine for ages without people in a Zone... only ones who were upset were the PVP gankers.

I really have to say that I love the roughly one trillion threads that have sprouted out of nowhere to point the blame at whatever game feature is falling underpar and causing these subscription drops.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Why? We've been fine for ages without people in a Zone... only ones who were upset were the PVP gankers.
    The /who zones aren't the problem. I know of no one who actually gave a shit while lvling new player or old. The problems start at end game and CRZ doesn't solve those. It's a cure in search of a disease.
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Wasn't that the case in BC with Kara/BT/SWP when WoW was at the height of its subs?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    CRZ is fail I'm sorry. Even if it's as you say a beta version then it probably should be removed from the game until it's "fixed" or until they have a release candidate version of it.
    Personally, I have no problem with the concept of CRZ. I honestly don't mind competition for nodes and rares, I got used to that on a busy server when I started. The problem I DO have is that the system didn't work right away. They released it in such a horrible state. I don't find it helpful when a friend and I are heading to an old raid with one person as the driver on their Sandstone Drake, and the passenger disconnects constantly when going into a new zone. Or when there's an in-game holiday and I lag out completely because, you know, Goldshire is already always busy on my realm, even on non-holidays. If the technology had been refined and the bugs had been squashed out long ago, I wouldn't constantly have to remind myself and work around the bugs and lag.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I like having others around me when I lvl an alt, I have enough single player games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    The /who zones aren't the problem. I know of no one who actually gave a shit while lvling new player or old. The problems start at end game and CRZ doesn't solve those. It's a cure in search of a disease.
    I would have to disagree on that one bro.
    The problem starts right at the beginning.
    The game is dated and old players will get bored of it. You need to have the replacement ready on.
    Have you tried levelling a new char recently? It's boring as fuck.

This 1.3 million drop is not due to players leaving only, players always left. This semester, they lacked the replacement. New players aren't interested in it. And I can't blame them. Till higher levels the game literally sucks ass.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    I like having others around me when I lvl an alt, I have enough single player games.
    That's how I used to meet the people on my friends list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    The game is dated and old players will get bored of it. You need to have the replacement ready on.

This 1.3 million drop is not due to players leaving only, players always left. This semester, they lacked the replacement. New players aren't interested in it. And I can't blame them. Till higher levels the game literally sucks ass.

It's not fun at high lvls either obviously. CRZ does nothing to make it better at low lvls though. With regards to low levels crz is one of the worst things they could have implemented. It fails at it stated goal and only gives players the downsides of high pop realms.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

CRZ is an illusion, a mask to hide dead realms. Instead of merging realms they invent this useless tech, which contributes to nothing.

My once thriving realm is now completely dead (by dead I mean no Alliance raiding guilds in T14 and T15). I logged in to check it out, saw some people in IF and then quickly realized that they're not even from my realm, just copies of other peoples from somewhere else. AH and chat are still dead, recruitment too and it looks nothing will change really.

Instead of fixing these issues, making bigger servers with larger communities (people have been asking this for years) they go and come up with CRZ. Laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    CRZ is an illusion, a mask to hide dead realms. Instead of merging realms they invent this useless tech, which contributes to nothing.

My once thriving realm is now completely dead (by dead I mean no Alliance raiding guilds in T14 and T15). I logged in to check it out, saw some people in IF and then quickly realized that they're not even from my realm, just copies of other peoples from somewhere else. AH and chat are still dead, recruitment too and it looks nothing will change really.

Instead of fixing these issues, making bigger servers with larger communities (people have been asking this for years) they go and come up with CRZ. Laughable.
    Blizzard is amazing at doing that it seems. Replicating something without understanding it's essence.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    It's not fun at high lvls either obviously. CRZ does nothing to make it better at low lvls though. With regards to low levels crz is one of the worst things they could have implemented. It fails at it stated goal and only gives players the downsides of high pop realms.
    Oh absolutely. Cross realm tools are what they are. to me they bring more problems than solutions on the long run.

I have recently cancelled my sub and all my in real friends have as well. For me personally, the reason why I am not playing this game is because I have absolutely no interest in the current story and refuse to pay for a realm change from my dead server.

Deleted
    I wonder what the sub numbers are -right now-.
    They said they expect further losses so the decline must be quite great.

Deleted

The people on my friends list I meet in dungeon runs and in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by cattywhompas View Post
    YOU ARE INCORRECT GOOD SIR!!!!

It's a lot easier to make an MMORPG feel like an RPG when you have 10,000 customers than when you have 10,000,000 customers. Today, the stuff that people "remember" from UO that was so rpgreat would make you feel alienated from the other people around you.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LIES, IT GOES AGAINST MY BELIEFS!!!
    Eh? So you are saying customisable housing isnt nice? How is that a lie surely thats your opinion? As that was mine that the player houing was fucking great. I had some of the most fun customising my house as well as doing role playing with my guilds in such areas. Some of the UO stuff was bad though, having died and your body looted? Some harsh penalties.

10+ Year Old Account

They need to remove 90 guards appearing in towns when you attack it, let low levelers enjoy some WPvP aswell, then leveling itselfs gets alot more fun, if they remvoed 90 guards i would lvl up a character again, ATM it's just so boring to start a new character because all you can do is leveling, that's all basicly.
    Proffesions is a option but that's it, if they give them a little taste of Wpvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?