Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think if you look over other subscription based MMOs they would be in the same boat. I don't think WoW is in a bad place, I think subscriber games are in the bad place.

Time to go f2p maybe.

Holy sh***t, never expected that much of a drop. I expected something around 500k. Patch 5.2 wasn't so fascinating after all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dude! come on! WoW hasn't had a growth quarter in over 2 years. How are you going to get them back ? You don't have to be a naysayer "wow" is dying zealot to see the game is shrinking. At a pretty fast pace now at that.

the game is also very end, i dont think the subs will grow, i think they are going to fall to about 6m in a year or two and stay around there. i dont think wow is dying, i just think players are justting burned out after so long.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    This usually happens, at the start of each expansion subs rise and toward the end they drop. They will rise again and they will drop again WoW life goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Deleted
    Seems pretty standart for this late in the expansion. This Blizzcon is going to be the most important of all Blizzcons so far. It will make or break the scene:

1. Next WoW expansion info. Has to blow everyone away. Some badass Burning Legion expansion with lots of testosterone, new class, new races, new planet to visit, etc...

2. Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void info. The ultimate showdown, etc...

3. First Titan announcement (blue confirmed to be at Blizzcon). This will either be a "OMFG THIS IS AWESOME AAARGHHHH" or "Wait what? That's it? Laaaamee...."

/popcorn

Oh, and the obligatory INB4 "WoW is dying!" because it ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Nothing surprising here. Lots of drops from the East. Meanwhile my US East Coast realm is doing better than it ever has. I'll worry when that changes.
    You must be on one of the remaining super servers, were my server's pop has went from around 3500 people on at prime time at the launch of cata to under 1000 on now at prime time. Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    What? Yes it has. It rose almost 2 million with MoPs release..
    What ? I'm going to challenge you to find those numbers. We had roughly 9.2ish at the end of cata, MoP launched and we got to 10 million and by the end of the first full quarter we're back down 9.6ish. At most you can say is they added around 400K for 1 quarter.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-05-08 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Incoming WOW IS DYING. It isn't. Also most likely due to the Dailies qq

We'll get them all back. Things change.
    Uh, mate, WoW has been incrementally losing subs ever since Cata.
    I'm not saying its going to be dead necessarily, but it is shrinking, significantly

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone quit cause of dead realms nothing to do AH is overpriced no cross realm AH yet no one is paying $55 to race transfer to another server for each toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I think if you look over other subscription based MMOs they would be in the same boat. I don't think WoW is in a bad place, I think subscriber games are in the bad place.

Time to go f2p maybe.
    Not FTP, they should drop their sub price a bit though, its like £8.99 now, drop it to £4.99
    dragonmaw - EU

time to fire ghostcrawler and get a guy in there who knows what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    thats what blizzard gets for turning wow into a shitty game. they better start making a good game if they want good numbers
    Why is it shitty though? There is more to do than ever before, the raids so far have been awesome, some of the best work ever, and the monk class/pandaren race was a huge success.

Deleted
    Anything above lets say 5mil is still freaking amazing number for any MMO. So no big deal to players. Unless you decide to make it one for yourself.
    Last edited by mmoc2ab87b9ea9; 2013-05-08 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Everyone quit cause of dead realms nothing to do AH is overpriced no cross realm AH yet no one is paying $55 to race transfer to another server for each toon.

and this, they should really drop the price on server transfers.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Cata ended on 9.1 million.
    So 9.1 to 8.3... technically that would only be a diff of 800k. Subs always fall off after a launch. People come back and try the new expac for a few months and drop off again. Still though, 8.3M subs for an almost 9 year old game that still charges a Sub is pretty good

Not in the least surprised. WoW is too old a game to show growth anymore, the best they can hope for is a slower decline. Don't misconstrue this, by the way; WoW is and remains the giant of the industry and the go-to standard. They have improved their game considerably, and continue to do so. But improved content or not, it is still a game that is almost a decade old now. You cannot maintain those amazing numbers with such aged technology and concepts, but that's okay. Blizzard is very aware of this, and will slowly begin easing over its player base to whatever new title they bring out (Titan, most likely), a process that will take a few years. WoW is still doing quite well, and certainly magnitudes better than any competitor.

Of course, it's not as though they aren't still making mistakes. MoP's timesink-galore alienated a lot of players and/or made them very angry. The expansion's overall theme's reception was mixed and divided, and apparently did not do as well in the eastern markets as some people thought. Then again, those markets tend to emphasize eye-candy a lot, and WoW just isn't up to par in that respect.

Personally, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the quality of MoP's raiding content, but taken aback by the rest; 5.2 was consequently a very good patch for me (and even made me resub). ToT is a great raid, and the daily/grindy content was kept at a minimum. The game is 8 years old and it shows - but for me, there just isn't a viable alternative right now (and believe me, I've tried). I'm very much looking forward to BlizzCon this year and the hopeful revelation of the next generation. WoW was great and all, but as we see it just won't continue forever.

Deleted
    WOW IS DYING

no it isn't

however, they need to shine with their next expac and think of a more attractive marketing strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gunna lie, that's a shit-ton.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Why is it shitty though? There is more to do than ever before, the raids so far have been awesome, some of the best work ever, and the monk class/pandaren race was a huge success.
    theres nothing good in mop man open ur eyes the game is not good

RIP IN PEACE wow 2004-2009

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    time to fire ghostcrawler and get a guy in there who knows what he is doing.
    The game design is n the best spot it's been in in a very very long time. Class balance certainly, esp with the changes coming in 5.3, will be in the best state it's ever been in. The raids and Pandaria as a whole have been spectacular.

As I put on the last page, dying low pop servers, lack of direction after hitting 90, and the fickleness of the Asian market are adding to the standard "age of the game" losses.

wonder how much money they lost from the 1.3 million.