Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    So you agree Brawlers Guild is casual. I'm glad we are in agreeance on this, finally. Now to get to the poitn of how Blizzard mostly adds casual content yet subscription numbers are decreasing, but continue on with their terrible decisions because ghostcrawler "knows what will make you have fun more than you do"
    no feature in the game is in of itself casual, there are casual or hardcore gamers, that's it. if someone does all of the brawlers guild in one 15 hr session i would call that player hardcore. if someone does it off and on a few hours here and there over the course of a few weeks, i would call that person casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Then all (except raiding) content in WoW is casual and hardcore. One can spend few time in Brawler's Guild, sure, but it can also spend there all day. Heck, fishing can be hardcore.
    Fishing's benefits to your character in the game and skill in the game have a definitive plateau, but yes, in theory. Nobody would debate this either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing here is that Blizzard said are the casuals that are leaving. And that depends what is their definition of casual, not ours.
    I don't think their definition matters anymore, at this point it's more about why people are leaving in general.

The two demographics can wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you agree Brawlers Guild is casual. I'm glad we are in agreeance on this, finally. Now to get to the poitn of how Blizzard mostly adds casual content yet subscription numbers are decreasing, but continue on with their terrible decisions because ghostcrawler "knows what will make you have fun more than you do"
    Okay so are pet battles. That doesn't make mists ipso facto casual friendly. If pet battles and brawlers guild PAYED OUT IN FUCKING PURPLE EPICS I could agree. They don't. Furthermore the feature itself isn't ipso facto casual friendly. It could be used by non casuals to they could abuse the hell out of it and do bralwers guild on a million toons. I mean unless your amazingly skilled at the game brawlers guild takes time to especially when you have to wait in line for people and retry fights over and over again. Not very casual friendly either come to think of it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

The dailies weren't fun for me personally but they were the definition of casual content because you could solo your way to good gear.
    solo =/= casual

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    no feature in the game is in of itself casual, there are casual or hardcore gamers, that's it. if someone does all of the brawlers guild in one 15 hr session i would call that player hardcore. if someone does it off and on a few hours here and there over the course of a few weeks, i would call that person casual.
    dense. The debate here is whether or not Brawlers Guild was added as casual content, in other words, to "keep the casuals happy"

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Ur welcome to search the internet for definitions of what Casual and hardcore gaming actually is and post it up on here... u wont cos u will only find exactly what ive already posted up as my definition.
    I was supporting you - but I may have failed at phrasing it.

/e: Pet Battles and Brawlers Guild should reward Valor points and reputation with a faction of your choice. Why not have legedary pet trainer in the factions that offer a decent challenge and reward you for it with more then a lesser charm. These are things that I could totally support.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2013-05-11 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    dense. The debate here is whether or not Brawlers Guild was added as casual content, in other words, to "keep the casuals happy"
    No hes absolutely right but even if what your saying is right adding it does not mean it was going to succeed in keeping casuals happy because guess what it doesn't give them actual stake in end game content. It doesn't pay out with gear. It doesn't progress their character which is ultimately what they want.

Blizzard and apparently you thought simple by adding in complete fluff it would keep casuals distracted and in game without actually having to give them a share of end game. Well not so much and they payed the price for it. It does not change the fact however that mists is extremely casual unfriendly.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    WoW is high fantasy with steam punk with largely medieval fantasy roots. Take knights and wizards and dragons out of it then see how long it will last. The ships were powered by magic.
    Alien worlds, giant robots, holograms, flying ships vs. ancient "China" that always has been on the medieval (and even Roman) mentality of contact.

Which one is more medieval than the other?

Teletubbies don't belong in Game of Thrones. They are just impossible to take seriously.
    Yet, ancient China is represented in the Game of Thrones, unlike robot-demons.

you said 'brawlers guild is casual'

10+ Year Old Account

I would kill for some robot demons. Had my fill of fat pandas and their farms.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I would kill for some robot demons. Had my fill of fat pandas and their farms.
    Sure, it is the perfect time for the Burning Legion to come back. But telling that Pandaria doesn't fit WoW when compared to Outland is nothing but a joke.

Deleted
    Alien worlds, giant robots, holograms, flying ships vs. ancient "China" that always has been on the medieval (and even Roman) mentality of contact.

Which one is more medieval than the other?

If people want a game with largely medieval fantasy roots, then they are going to get it. Everything else was just added on because it was popular and could blend with the rest. Demons and steampunk can work in WoW because they can be serious.

Talking pandas don't belong in WoW. They belong in a cartoon.

1. Being without ceremony or formality; relaxed: a casual evening with friends.
    2. Occurring at irregular or infrequent intervals; occasional:
    3. Unpremeditated; offhand: a casual remark.

All of these, in one way or another, are accurate descriptions of the brawlers guild. Casual doesn't mean bad at the game, casual means they log on for 2 hours a day at random times. I'm glad you agree with the definitions by calling brawlers guild casual in your second sentence though.
    1) (refuted) Brawlers Guild is anything but relaxed
    2) (obscure) Occasional defines half of everything in the world. If you want to define Brawler's Guild as "occasional" I'm fine with that. I can guarantee that you are the only one using that definition to define Brawler's Guild.
    3) (refuted) Brawlers Guild is definitely premeditated

So as opposed to what you said, All of these in one way or another have nothing to do with Brawler's Guild.

We both agree that casual doesn't mean bad. But Brawler's Guild doesn't fit the person that logs for a few hours a week. There may be a few, but they are in the minority. Brawler's Guild requires planning, strategy, gearing, studying, etc, etc. and some of that is required outside game time. There are very few with enough skill who can waltz into Brawlers guild without any planning or forethought and be successful.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2013-05-11 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    If people want a game with largely medieval fantasy roots, then they are going to get it. Everything else was just added on because it was popular and could blend with the rest. Demons and steampunk can work in WoW because they can be serious.
    So now Game of Thrones is not medieval fantasy? They have China represented there.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    because they had a hard fucking day at work and they want to progress their character a bit and see those numbers pop
    because they want to drink and get some epics at the same time
    because they WANT THE REWARD PART OF THEIR BRAIN TO BE FIRING LIKE CRACK ADDICTED MONKEYS
    because they want to chill and have fun with their friends

NONE OF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ACHIEVEMENT because they don't care about whatever misguided sense of achievement you get out of a game. Their just looking for a fix. neurology and biology are what you should be looking at.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 03:59 PM ----------

The theme has nothing to do with the issue at hand and is a total non sequitor. Mists could be about large breasted demon slaying valkyrie and it would still not be casual friendly.
    So I guess what you are saying is that most people are inherently lazy and motivated by the quick fix? That they are too stupid too realize when they are being suckered into some bullshit sense of achievement when they have in fact....done fuck all.

I agree that is the case in many circumstances but I would hope that these sort of people do not drag us all into that cesspool.

Deleted
    So now Game of Thrones is not medieval fantasy? They have China represented there.
    You are arguing semantics for the sake of it. You want to argue that pandas can fit into WoW because WoW is a blend of genres, but sorry, they still don't. They belong in a cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    So I guess what you are saying is that most people are inherently lazy and motivated by the quick fix? That they are too stupid too realize when they are being suckered into some bullshit sense of achievement when they have in fact....done fuck all.

I agree that is the case in many circumstances but I would hope that these sort of people do not drag us all into that cesspool.
    yeah...no...that's not what he said all at. I would give you 1/10 for comprehension. Let me know if there are specific parts of what he said that you are struggling with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post

No. What I'm saying is that people work hard all day and when they come home they have little time to invest to get their reward and "fix" out of this game and the game is now asking them to commit to do much more and spend more time to get less reward than they did before. The game is asking them to do more for less and they are by and large saying nope.
    The hammer comes down:

Merge servers huh?