Page 1 of 163
... LastLast

1.3 million sub drop

Additionally, during the quarter, Blizzard’s World of Warcraft® remained the #1 subscriptionbased MMORPG in the world with more than eight million subscribers, although the game saw declines of approximately 1.3 million subscribers, mainly from the East, but in the West as well.
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_release.pdf

Interesting. Didn't expect such a big drop.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming WOW IS DYING. It isn't. Also most likely due to the Dailies qq

We'll get them all back. Things change.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Despite spitting out quality content the subs are still falling, kinda sad, but expected as with anything that's past its prime regarding numbers.

It's funny really the east is continuing to be a pointless waste of time all it does WoW wise is bring losses.

Maybe now they can just say " screw it " and focus on European and North American subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's quite a huge drop - far more than I had expected.

8.3 million is still an impressive number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Despite spitting out quality content the subs are still falling, kinda sad, but expected as with anything that's past its prime regarding numbers.
    yeah, i think content is very good this expac, but i think poeple are just burnt out, its an old game, i think in the next 2years it will drop to around 5-6million and stabalize there.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Incoming WOW IS DYING. It isn't. Also most likely due to the Dailies qq

We'll get them all back. Things change.
    Dude! come on! WoW hasn't had a growth quarter in over 2 years. How are you going to get them back ? You don't have to be a naysayer "wow" is dying zealot to see the game is shrinking. At a pretty fast pace now at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    More than we were at near the end of cata

That doesn't surprise me in the least. Pandaria offered a lot of end game content but with that comes no solid direction. There's also the fact that Blizzard hasn't addressed the low pop server issue that's forcing people to quit WoW or leave to a high pop in order to have a true community or be able to recruit for raiding.

Major sub losses are also predominantly from Asia given how fickle they are with many games. They're actually interested in straight grind/work games and are much more into the competitive games like Starcraft and League than in the US. They have more "competition" in games and it seems like every time there's even a small lull in the game, the Asian market just abandons ship entirely until the next cycle. This has been happening for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    More than we were at near the end of cata
    Cata ended on 9.1 million.

Nothing surprising here. Lots of drops from the East. Meanwhile my US East Coast realm is doing better than it ever has. I'll worry when that changes.

Deleted
    Old game, its expected, if your having fun keep on playing. move on nothing to see here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    I concur. 10characters.

If that is true, goodness, far more than I expected. Well, with the next expansion hopefully being the Burning Legion, maybe that will garner some interest. With the game going on 9 years, drops are to be expected. Make no mistake about it, they shot themselves in the foot with Cata and ever since then, a lot of people ended up leaving. Shame, as Mists of Pandaria has been amazing so far. Interested to see what they do moving forward. Doubt they're getting desperate, but I am curious as to what they do. With the most amount of people ever working on the game, you know they will be pulling out all the stops next expansion. A BC style expansion again will really get people talking.

I have said this many times, but a game with a monthly fee, going on 9 years and it still has 8.3 million subs? That is such an amazing feat. I bet if you told anyone working in Blizzard during the release of WoW, that almost 9 years later they would have that many subs still. Some would have laughed.

I don't understand the fascination with the player numbers. The game is still larger then most. Also this 8+ year old game has more players then most more recent games, but at least the WoW is dying/LFR/LFG have killed the game/this is what happens when you don't focus on the special snowflakes forum posters something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dude! come on! WoW hasn't had a growth quarter in over 2 years. How are you going to get them back ? You don't have to be a naysayer "wow" is dying zealot to see the game is shrinking. At a pretty fast pace now at that.
    What? Yes it has. It rose almost 2 million with MoPs release..

thats what blizzard gets for turning wow into a shitty game. they better start making a good game if they want good numbers

Post constructively. "Shitty game" doesn't promote discussion
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-08 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we wont even seen the hit from Age of Wushu coming out in Asia till Q2.