Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For those shrugging it off because "most" were in the East. Most players are from the East, so it is natural that most will always be from the East. Also go back and look at every time they have announced a subscriber loss, it has been the East, the fact that they even mention this is to draw attention away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    explain to me how a 9 year old game that has 8m subs is bad.

nice logic
    Its bad in terms of consistency and insulting its customers intelligence.

"We do not have enough resources"
    "We do not implement this good feature because we would not feel okay with it. Example: Get rid of mob tagging already"
    "We think dailies are good"

also constant revisions of core game mechanics each expansion and shaking the boat in all directions to make everyone happy instead of just focusing on one demographic.

This can be interpreted as a bad game.

10+ Year Old Account
    #1 Fix the F*cking realms. Merge them or give people free transfers.
    #2 Game needs to be difficult, not time consuming. People like to be challenged.
    #3 Do some class spec balancing. Nobody likes to be the underdog. 5.3 is a start.

This simply can't be true what with mists being so awesome and my nostalgia being what's preventing me from seeing how the game has never been better!
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    This simply can't be true what with mists being so awesome and my nostalgia being what's preventing me from seeing how the game has never been better!
    Hello Panda Island Adventure is an unequivocal success. Just like Mitt Romney (yeah I went there)

Holy balls... I was certainly off. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    welp, wow is dead ... again? i stoped countin how often it died now

LFR killed the raiding. merge dead servers. dont implement 5.3 pvp changes

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even sargeras could stop the sub plunge. Its not that MoP is bad, its that the game is finally to old. When u release one bad expansion in cataclysm it opened the flood gates and even a new dam cant stop the flood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia made a million players quit, because they all thought the game used to be better than it actually was. Nostalgia prevented them from seeing how much fun they're having grinding out dailies, farming, and playing PokeWoW. If only they'd waited to unsub, they could have watched other people play PokeWoW and realized how much fun they were having!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    #1 Fix the F*cking realms. Merge them or give people free transfers.
    #2 Game needs to be difficult, not time consuming. People like to be challenged.
    #3 Do some class spec balancing. Nobody likes to be the underdog. 5.3 is a start.
    These dudes crack me up.... If WoE is so easy, link your current heroic mode experience.

Most people who say the game is too easy, don't play the game and grasp on anything negative they read on the forums. This XP's difficulty has actually been real close to what it should be. Cata, I agree was a mess up in this regard and other, but they obviously learned from their mistakes.

Also, people jumping up and down excited because you were dying to tell yourself you were right, realize you are WRONG. The game is NOT dying and it ALWAYS loses subs around the middle/end of the XP. This has been historically occurring even during its peak in Wrath. Stop having selective reading and understand what is being said. New content will draw people back and they are developing new ways to encourage players to come back. This will also continue to occur and HAS occurred through the entire life of the title.

Stop wishing something people enjoy to fall because you either sucked and left, burnt yourself out, couldn't cut experiencing the entire game or play a failing competitor.

And seriously, over 8 million subs.... Seriously. 8 million f'ing subs with their other releases holding top 1 and 2 positions.... SERIOUSLY... LISTEN TO YOURSELF.

P.S. And the posts "I knew it". What did you know? You sound like a moron.
    Last edited by Crookids; 2013-05-09 at 04:51 AM.

Moar gating, problem solved

Great now I have to hear every man and his dog attributing the sub drop to whatever their pet hate is about the game for the next couple of months.

Back in the real world: this game is 9 years old, on its 4th expansion and it costs $15 a month to play. In a market where MMOs are dying back and most have gone F2P. No shit it's shrinking. The only thing that's surprising is that it somehow still dominates the genre after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    This.

Slowing down the rate at which players can get VP (and in turn, gear) by lowering the amounts from dungeons and making dailies damn near required is stupid. Whats worse is that they didnt give us more to do at all. They just made all options unappealing and gave us artificial choice. They need to go back to the WoTLK model where you arent punished for having alts
    We do have a big advantage in MoP with commendations and Valor of the Ancients which we didn't have in Wrath. Though I do agree they could do better alt-wise. Blizzard says as much themselves.

The fact is, a large proportion of players play ONLY their main and refuse to consider alts as actual content, and for the entire time I've been playing I've seen them on the forums demanding more content NOW NOW NOW because their main is fully geared (usually they're through NM at most but anyway). Blizzard tried to cater to them by having enough content in MoP that you don't run out even on your main, which of course means a massive burden for those of us with a lot of alts.

Not their fault really. Just another case of two different factions in the playerbase that are diametrically opposed and pleasing one pisses off the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    This.

Slowing down the rate at which players can get VP (and in turn, gear) by lowering the amounts from dungeons and making dailies damn near required is stupid. Whats worse is that they didnt give us more to do at all. They just made all options unappealing and gave us artificial choice. They need to go back to the WoTLK model where you arent punished for having alts
    One of the reasons I wont be renewing my sub, I dont want free gear but I spent 7 hours one day trying to cap VP using LFR, scenarios and heroics and only ended up with 600. Double gating and dailies really killed this game off for me, I was already in a burnout phase anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammeister View Post
    Double gating was the single worst idea they ever decided to try again. No matter how much they keep "fixing" it it's just artificial walled in walls. Whoever thought it was a good idea need to be taken out back and flogged and shown as an example to everyone Blizzaro who would try something so stupid as that again.

The guild I was in died since MoP (maybe because of it), and basically I'm only playing because my subscription hasn't expired yet. Blizzard will have to do something magical to get me to renew, and wrapping another 1 year annual pass around a new game won't work this time, they fooled me badly with Diablo III and the total debacle that game turned out to be.
    When I look at the guilds in my server I recognise maybe a tiny handful. Guilds die all the time and always have.

Double gating? You mean the reputation thing? Shit dude this isn't 5.0 anymore.

Guess all the bitching about how wow became a grind fest of dailies was true. Seems a ton of players didn't want to play a grind fest game.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    One of the reasons I wont be renewing my sub, I dont want free gear but I spent 7 hours one day trying to cap VP using LFR, scenarios and heroics and only ended up with 600. Double gating and dailies really killed this game off for me, I was already in a burnout phase anyway.
    Good god man, don't try to cap VP in one day.

Mine's always capped by the end of the week and all I do is 4 LFR queues spread out over the week, a heroic+scenario every other day when I can be bothered, and some easymode IOT content for some bonus VP. I'm capped by Sunday and it's effortless.

The biggest problem Blizzard is having is this mentality of older players that they need to grind things out immediately instead of doing them at a more relaxed pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Great now I have to hear every man and his dog attributing the sub drop to whatever their pet hate is about the game for the next couple of months.

Back in the real world: this game is 9 years old, on its 4th expansion and it costs $15 a month to play. In a market where MMOs are dying back and most have gone F2P. No shit it's shrinking. The only thing that's surprising is that it somehow still dominates the genre after all this time.

We do have a big advantage in MoP with commendations and Valor of the Ancients which we didn't have in Wrath. Though I do agree they could do better alt-wise. Blizzard says as much themselves.

The fact is, a large proportion of players play ONLY their main and refuse to consider alts as actual content, and for the entire time I've been playing I've seen them on the forums demanding more content NOW NOW NOW because their main is fully geared (usually they're through NM at most but anyway). Blizzard tried to cater to them by having enough content in MoP that you don't run out even on your main, which of course means a massive burden for those of us with a lot of alts.

Not their fault really. Just another case of two different factions in the playerbase that are diametrically opposed and pleasing one pisses off the other.
    Now this is a person who knows what he's talking about. The problem is this will get buried in 100s of clueless posts, or the idiots will never return to READ informative replies which is why they are so ignorant to begin with.

People just jump to reply because they disagree with a feature instead of reading blue posts and helping solve the never ending "make everyone happy" goal. Most complaints have been addressed and are being actively worked on as scaling grows and what was once easy a few expansions ago is becoming tougher to balance and implement. It's good to have high expectations, but nothing is going to be perfect. The problem is nostalgia and there is never going to be the high of the first few expansions. But if you don't burn yourself out, help the developers and acknowledge the positives new content has brought, ANY experience will always be flawed. The grass is not greener on the other side... Trust me I've been there. There are NO developers delivering like WoW does. Go ahead, go to another game or play your precious Wrath or Vanilla on a private server. You will quickly realize how spoiled you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Nostalgia made a million players quit, because they all thought the game used to be better than it actually was. Nostalgia prevented them from seeing how much fun they're having grinding out dailies, farming, and playing PokeWoW. If only they'd waited to unsub, they could have watched other people play PokeWoW and realized how much fun they were having!
    Wtf? The game is obviously better than it was then. PokeWoW is FUN. The game is ONLY better because it's in there. There's no way to argue it's a bad thing. Stop mentioning it.

It is possible you had more fun in BC. That does not mean the game was better than now. It only means you had more fun then.

Let me explain to you the difference. Imagine you ride a roller coaster for the first time. It's awesome. Then you're told you're going to ride that same roller coaster at least once an hour for 6 months at which point you will switch to a new cool roller coaster. You're going to do this for 7 years. In year 7 how much fun are you going to be having? Even if the roller coaster is better you're going to hate roller coasters at this point and want nothing to do with them.

The game is what 8 or 9 years old? You've been playing the same game for 5 years at least if you think BC was best. I'm sorry but games are not going to be fun forever. That's why this game is worse for you. You want something new and WoW will NEVER be able to provide this. That's the way it is. Blizzard's goal is not to stop the leak of old players leaving. That's impossible. The best they can do it limit it a bit. In the meantime they want to attract people who quit a while back to come back and give it a shot again. They want to attract new players who have never experienced WoW. That's the right thing to do.

This is the most successful MMO there has ever been. No game will ever kill it. It'll grow old and die of old age. It's already on its way. Blizzard should be incredibly proud of the work they've done and continue to do. They made something amazing. It wasn't going to last forever.

I think the game is way better than it was in BC. I had more fun in BC, though, and especially vanilla, and I spent maybe 4 months combined time doing hardcore raiding. What made it fun? It was fresh and new. It was exciting. It's not anymore. I had more fun then, but the game was way, way worse. Grinding, simple boss mechanics, terrible group makeup requirements, awful gating requirements for everything, the economy sucked, there was a heavy elitist attitude, and arena was the only option for pvp and you lost if you weren't PMR or a resto druid. That stuff was fun because it was new. These new mechanics simply add-on to something that isn't new.

Quote Originally Posted by Galrauch View Post
    If you think this game is "improving" you are completely delusional
    The game is improving a lot for raiders. I can't say the same for any other part as I only partake in raiding.