Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    One does not simply play same game for 20 years.

D-d-d-drop the sub!
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    These dudes crack me up.... If WoE is so easy, link your current heroic mode experience.
    These dudes crack me up, assuming raiding heroics are the end all.

Also, people jumping up and down excited because you were dying to tell yourself you were right, realize you are WRONG. The game is NOT dying and it ALWAYS loses subs around the middle/end of the XP. This has been historically occurring even during its peak in Wrath. Stop having selective reading and understand what is being said. New content will draw people back and they are developing new ways to encourage players to come back. This will also continue to occur and HAS occurred through the entire life of the title.
    When your subs have peaked and now only lower and go lower....you are dying slowly.

Stop wishing something people enjoy to fall because you either sucked and left, burnt yourself out, couldn't cut experiencing the entire game or play a failing competitor.
    Sensing some fanboyism.

Blizzard found out what happens when you have a really alt unfriendly x-pac. It maybe too late to recover that because everyone who played knows how frustrating the alt rep grind and gearing grind was at the beginning. It was a poor design choice to make playing multiple toons very difficult. Although they have addressed many of those issues people still have it in their minds that playing an alt is cumbersome and time consuming.

Deleted
    Don't try to attribute ONE thing you don't like about WoW now to 1.3 mln+ people unsubscribing.
    Obviously, it's much more complex than that.
    The overall quality of the game dropped on many levels, it wasn't a matter of one silly change.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Exactly why the hell would I give a damn about china? I want EU/US info.
    Why give a damn about the EU/US market? Affects your game about as much as the Chinese market does.

This info is not for players, it's for investors.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 05:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    If you want WoW to be hard, do the hard content. Would've thought that was pretty obvious.

And we have Challenge Modes as well now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Thats because blizzard, work more in pet battles than pvp and pve. Thats we I left the game. Thanks God!

Deleted
    so, it looks China friendly panda kung-fu datadisc didn't help...

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you want WoW to be hard, do the hard content. Would've thought that was pretty obvious.

And we have Challenge Modes as well now.
    Assuming its the type of content you enjoy playing to start with

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand why so many players take such a personal interest in Blizzard's quarterly status reports. I mean I love me some Ben & Jerry's but I'm not going to be bothered to monitor their sales like a hawk and immediately damning them as having 'lost touch' and proclaiming their downfall if they make a bad flavor. Just a game folks, if you like it keep playing, if you don't move on.

When your subs have peaked and now only lower and go lower....you are dying slowly.

Sensing some fanboyism.
    1.) If they are saying the game is easy, then I would assume they are comparing the highest difficulty of content. Wait, you're right, I assume people are using their brain too much.

2.) The fact that you made that statement sadly shows how ignorant and clueless you really are. Really look up the definition of ignorant too. A peak, is just that... A peak. If something drops below it, it does not mean it is dying. It is simply leveling.

3.) I'm sensing a lack of information and knowledge. Read a book.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 01:49 AM ----------

Assuming its the type of content you enjoy playing to start with
    And let's not forget heroic scenarios coming, ranked PvP, various sites to compete for best class/guild performance, two tiers scaled better than BC and notably difficult.

Ignorance is a disease.

I really fail to see how this expansion has been alt-unfriendly.

It has never been so easy or as quick to gear up a freshly level-capped toon than it has been now. EVER.

You ding lvl 90, you run heroic 5-mans to get some blues to increase your ilvl for LFR and you start raiding. WTF MINDBLOWN?! With the increase to drop rates and coins to give you an extra shot at loot, you could be decked out in raid epics in just a few short weeks. Of course, the loot gods may not smile upon you, but you are still raiding within the first week of hitting lvl 90 regardless.

I think most people just can't look past the amount of dailies that were added with MoP. Dailies that you never had to do a single day for the above route to be effective for gearing any single character. As someone who plays only one character, the dailies were a blessing. Yes, they were tedious at times and repetitive, but they gave me something to do each day I logged on.

Compared to how it used to be - when an alt was nothing more than a character you dicked around on, nothing serious - this game is becoming World of Altcraft and it just blows my mind that people can't see that. Never in the past (pre-LFR) could you ever have had multiple characters sporting epics.

To me it seems like the themes of the game are more of a turnoff to people than anything else. The quality of Pandaria is top-notch to be sure, but I'm pretty sure most people were expecting a Burning Legion/Emerald Dream/South Seas expansion before the Pandaria announcement, and they still want those things. If the quality of the next expansion is on par with MoP (while maybe being a little more lenient to people with alts) then I think sub numbers will be fine for the near future.

I'm curious as to what is going on with WoW in China. They have MoP out there already right?

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Oh no not 8.3 million subscribers! Wow is totally dead now guize!
    Considering they used to have over 12 million, yeah it's safe to say that, while not dead, it is dying. Frankly, Blizzard has lost touch with the player base. Instead, they seem to be focused on their own personal wants and ideas that fit their life styles. In all honesty though, it's not a surprise. Mike Morhaime is 47. Rob Pardo is 42. Chris Metzen is 39. Even Ghostcrawler is in his 40's. According to a few studies, the average player base is 16-30.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I'm curious as to what is going on with WoW in China. They have MoP out there already right?
    Quality free to play MMO's over there are pulling customers away. Also, the fact that WoW is 9 years old has some factor in things.

I would also agree greatly with Notos. The theme was definitely a huge turn-off for me.

The content has been great and coming in at a really good pace (I've yet to truly be bored this xpac) but the whole asian/panda theme just never really felt "Warcraft" to me. I didn't like the idea when it was first announced but thought it might grow on me, but it hasn't.

As much as the amount of content in this xpac has been good, I can't wait to put Pandaria behind us for good. It's just too bad the Pandas are here to stay!

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    One does not simply play same game for 20 years.
    You obviously don't know any Pathfinder players, do you.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

The most fun thing about this thread is how people explain and interpret the sub losses with the one thing about the game that pisses them off the most. It just really shows how clueless most players actually are.

They created an Asian expansion for the Chinese and even they stopped subscribing. What could we expect from the expansion with the coldest reception in World of Warcraft history...?

i think the most "lost subscribers" are banned chinafarmer, look for gold @ ebay and u know what i mean^^
    I love this game and hope that they will add housing @ the next exp. The most f2p games have it allready

lets not get too far ahead with this..if they start saying a significant loss in american and EU accounts then the obvoius reason is obvious.