Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Enhancement Shamans. Their DPS rotation is insane, and to be properly "high" on DPS as an Enhancement Shaman you need to be super good. Any healer can be good or bad depending on what they do. Tell me, what is harder: playing an Assassination Rogue or playing a Disc Priest? On my Disc all I do is use 5 skills all fight (excluding things like PS, Barrier, SS, IF).
    Gear plays into healing tremendously. Also disc priest is probably the worst of the healers to use as an example. They are actually mind numbingly boring at the moment with how atonement is.

Back to OP. Luckily my healing core of 4-5 people has been the same for almost 2 tiers, not including this one. However my guild personally has had a person who switched to dps and our resto druid is giving blizz one more full patch to see if they fix or can improve druid healing. Our disc priest crushes meters with atonement, second is usually myself (pally) or our holy priest and by the time our druids hots things he's already been sniped. Shamans aren't "amazing", and they're not "bad", but they could certainly be better. Atleast resto shamans bring very good utitlity with SLT, HST, MTT, good tank healing.

I wouldn't say healing is necessarily bad or boring this xpac but I think certain classes are making it not fun or atleast uncompetitive for some. Right now I think dps classes have changed so much since cataclysm that people are changing to try them out or falling in love with a dps spec that was boring before MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cakin View Post
    Gear plays into healing tremendously. Also disc priest is probably the worst of the healers to use as an example. They are actually mind numbingly boring at the moment with how atonement is.
    MWs use 6 buttons regularly. It's the same for all healers. You really just do not use a lot of healing spells anymore.

Dude in a few short months you burned threw 7 healers.......

How the hell are you putting this on Blizzard and its game after you and your guild can't manage to keep a single healer

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    My guild declined two holy paladins early on since we have a raiding holy paladin, however now we wont. Its just hard to find healers now for some reason.
    proberly coz it's no longer fun for some people i know its not for me thats why hes my alt now he was my main for 2 xpacs

10+ Year Old Account
    MWs use 6 buttons regularly. It's the same for all healers. You really just do not use a lot of healing spells anymore.
    Just for the sake of it. Name a time when you used more than 6-8 buttons regularly in previous expansions, not including using different level spells.

I have mained a resto druid for over 6 years now, but if they don't get in gear to make us comparable to absorb healers, I'll probably switch to my warlock. This expansion has really been frustrating for me.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cakin View Post
    Just for the sake of it. Name a time when you used more than 6-8 buttons regularly in previous expansions, not including using different level spells.
    In Cata I played a Shaman:

Riptide
    CH
    GHW
    LHW
    HR
    Unleash Elements
    Lightning Bolt
    Water Shield (;DDDDD)
    Earth Shield

Excludes the myriad of totems, Bloodlust, and other cds (Spiritwalker's etc).
    Last edited by mmoc09201237a7; 2013-05-09 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    MWs use 6buttons regularly. It's the same for all healers. You really just do not use a lot of healing spells anymore.
    What is a lot of healing spells?
    I seem to use most of my healing spells as a resto shaman.
    Healing wave
    Greater healing wave
    Healing surge (not a lot though, except for tortos after quake)
    Riptide
    Earth shield
    Unlesh element + healing rain combo
    Chain heal
    Healing stream totem + recall it for free healing on short cd
    And all the cd's we got with MoP to manage - Healing Tide Totem + Ascendance + Elemental totem if talentet

Seems fine to me

In case people are wondering, as a Mistweaver healing is easy this expansion. The hardest role to play in heroic mode raids, now, is DPS by far. The amount of skill you need to pull the maximum possible DPS is beyond recognition. Healing, by comparison, is child's play.
    By that logic dps has always been hardest.

Because following a strict prioritation of spells and handling mechanics is a lot harder than reaction based healing and handling mechanics. (Haha).

But if you can provide an armory link to your mistweaver and logs. I'd be happy to judge you, based on the statement about healing being childs play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    By that logic dps has always been hardest.

Because following a strict prioritation of spells and handling mechanics is a lot harder than reaction based healing and handling mechanics. (Haha).

But if you can provide an armory link to your mistweaver and logs. I'd be happy to judge you, based on the statement about healing being childs play.
    Nymzee, EU.

Healing is child's play. It's bloody easy. I laughed at how easy Lei Shen heroic was as a Mistweaker. It's an actual joke. You need to know nothing.

I haven't noticed much of a decrease, at least not more than any other role.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Nymzee, EU.

Healing is child's play. It's bloody easy. I laughed at how easy Lei Shen heroic was as a Mistweaker. It's an actual joke. You need to know nothing.
    Well, you were not in on your guilds first kill, and maybe not progress either(?). So you killed it on a farm run 3 resets later.

It might be that mistweaver has it easier on lei shen because of not being targeted by Thunderstruck and can because of it stand where ever the hell you want. But healing is not childs play. If I could choose my role on Lei shen HC and it was based around having an easier time, I would pick dps. Especially melee dps.

I think it's unfair to say dps is harder because of the practical impossibility to perform 100%, so the best players might be able to pull 90-98% of their theoretical maximum dps.

Either way, opinions are opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement Shamans. Their DPS rotation is insane, and to be properly "high" on DPS as an Enhancement Shaman you need to be super good. Any healer can be good or bad depending on what they do. Tell me, what is harder: playing an Assassination Rogue or playing a Disc Priest? On my Disc all I do is use 5 skills all fight (excluding things like PS, Barrier, SS, IF).
    Bad example there. An assassination rogue is easy as hell to play. The rotation is easy and doesn't take very many abilities. Nothing about it is hard. Saying dps as a whole is harder than healing is false. They are both about the same. Some specs are easier and harder but overall it is the same. Just because you find being dps hard doesn't mean it really is.

And as for you saying heroic lei shen was easy to heal. You did it with a guild that had already downed it multiple times and weren't even there for progression. Seriously bad examples on your part.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-10 at 04:27 AM.

Deleted
    Healer's ????
    Lol...
    Seeying most of the guild forcing people with oss to play them=Aka healer in order to keep raiding:P

Overral raider's are ...Wtf ?
    Number's are in decline and is for everything.
    Skilled player's are quite few..And the new one's due the Lfr doesn't seem to take the place of the older's ones...Like a circle.

dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel dispel

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Dude in a few short months you burned threw 7 healers.......

How the hell are you putting this on Blizzard and its game after you and your guild can't manage to keep a single healer
    Did you not read? Two went dps. Found out they hate healing. Lost two to RL stuff. Lost one to dpsing. Lost another because one of the shamans left. We lost the last one because they thought we weren't listening to them ever. This was purely a string of bad luck. Not once Did I ever blame blizzard either. Read the op instead of going on a rant.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot less resto druids and holy palas (why the last tho?)

Out of that nothing else.

since cata the game got harder.. and the majority of the difficulty landed squarly on the healers.. players dont want to hear their standing in fire got them killed.. all they know is the tanks dead, they are dead and we wiped. wtf heals?

Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    since cata the game got harder.. and the majority of the difficulty landed squarly on the healers.. players dont want to hear their standing in fire got them killed.. all they know is the tanks dead, they are dead and we wiped. wtf heals?
    U can see it very well especially as mistweaver when someone decicdes to suddenly die in "fire" even thou he had liek 5 balls laying on ground just next to him so picking them up and saving himself would take like 0.5 sec of his dps but no he woudl rather stay in place and smash dps numebrs even thou enrages at least on normal are non existant ><

Deleted
    I imagine if it is happening its cos of discs and a little monks. What the point in bringing a shamy when u can get more healing out of a priest AND 20+ mill dmg on the boss. I imagine most druids feel that way to. If people cant find guilds they either go dps, give up or reroll.