Hidden alt mechanic?

Now this may just be speculation, but after leveling and gearing 2 alts and talking to plenty of guild members/friends experiencing the same pattern, it seems like the random rolls for LFR/coins/world bosses tend to give loot way more often on an alt than a main character. Of course this could just be RNG but it seems like there is enough a pattern in my experience to question it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Nah it's just RNG with a bit of "bleh, why can't I get this much loot on my main -_-"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's our human need to assign some sort of pattern to that which has none. For instance my first ToT dropped the Feather trinket for my DK - my main. I got nothing on my priest until her second.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would it even know who your main is?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    How would it even know who your main is?
    The one with the most playtime, I guess, or the one played the most recently.

Nope, never noticed. I did notice however that my level 80 elemental shaman got into dungeons in under 10 minutes, while my balance druid (same level, same server, same time of day/week) has 20+ minute queues. I leveled my shaman to 85 in no time, while my druid was still waiting on her dungeons.

I wouldn't believe this, but my 85 hunter has 3 pieces of 522 loot off Oondasta, compared to my main, which has zero lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's our human need to assign some sort of pattern to that which has none. For instance my first ToT dropped the Feather trinket for my DK - my main. I got nothing on my priest until her second.
    Maybe, it would be a pretty cool mechanic if it was the case though. A good way to catch up on gear for alts while at the same time not turning it into the grind dungeons for free gear on your alts that wotlk and cata were.