Exclamation Need help from skilled combat rogues

I would appreciate it if you could write down the EXACT rotations which you use for single target dps-ing, with what do you start combat, on how many combo points do you use what, what are the talents that you use, and with your item level, which i would ask you to write down too, how much dps do you do on a training dummy with no buffs except your poisons. Also, which combination of weapons do you use and why, 2 slow weapons, 2 fast weapons or 1 of each, and why.
    Please, be accurate about your rotations and when do you use combo points and for what.
    Thanks in front

I'll just come to your house every raid night and play for you.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Thanks mate, really helpful

Only been playing combat for about 2 weeks (too much button mashing for my tastes) but managed to rank 13 on heroic Jin'Rohk last night so i asume i'm doing things mostly right.

Opening:
    Ambush
    Revealing strike
    SnD
    Sinister strike until yellow guile or 10 CP's (with anticipation)
    Killing spree
    Rupture
    Sinister Strike until red guile or 10cp's (should hit red first)
    Shadowblades+ Adrenaline rush macro.
    Spam eviscerate and Sinister strike.
    Priority is keeping up SnD (5cp prefered but if its going to drop off use any CP's avalible) always keep Revealing strike up before using Sinister/Rupture/Eviscerate

Talents are pretty Cookie cutter:
    T1 Shadow Focus
    T2 Combat Readiness
    T3 97% of the time Elusiveness, in rare cases Leeching can be usefull
    T4 Shadowstep
    T5 Prey on the weak
    T6 Anticipation on every fight but horridon.

Weapons, Slow mainhand always. Off hand I user a dagger but you're best going with what ever has the most damage.
    at 522 Ilvl i do about 130k dummy dps

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check out Icy-veins or Noxxic. I'd say go to icy-veins because it is more detailed and you will get a lot more information out of it.

I concur with Zanerkin however according to Shadowcraft it'sa greater dps increase over a 4+ minute fight to use ks, ar and sb on cool down rather than waiting for certain guile stages.

In this case, I'm sorry to say but Shadowcraft has it wrong. With T15 4set (I assume everyone has it by now) you simply can not squeeze 2 KS in between AR+SB cooldowns. AR+SB should be used whenever they're up or delayed (5-10s) for major dmg boosts. For example you seen Dinomancer dropping the orb on Horridon encounter, you have your AR+SB ready but you should wait till Horridon smashes the door before you pop your cd's on him. So if you can use only 1 KS in between 2 AR+SB cooldowns you'll always want to have your KS lined up with Deep Insight. You can also drag it on a bit till last 4-5 seconds of DI in hope that an agility trinket procs and then pop KS to get the most value out of it. Ofc it's sometimes tricky with the usage of KS. But 99% of time you can predict if there's gonna be any danger or not within the DI duration to use KS without killing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinob1 View Post
    In this case, I'm sorry to say but Shadowcraft has it wrong. With T15 4set (I assume everyone has it by now) you simply can not squeeze 2 KS in between AR+SB cooldowns. AR+SB should be used whenever they're up or delayed (5-10s) for major dmg boosts. For example you seen Dinomancer dropping the orb on Horridon encounter, you have your AR+SB ready but you should wait till Horridon smashes the door before you pop your cd's on him. So if you can use only 1 KS in between 2 AR+SB cooldowns you'll always want to have your KS lined up with Deep Insight. You can also drag it on a bit till last 4-5 seconds of DI in hope that an agility trinket procs and then pop KS to get the most value out of it. Ofc it's sometimes tricky with the usage of KS. But 99% of time you can predict if there's gonna be any danger or not within the DI duration to use KS without killing yourself.
    That's just common sense to wait for buffs for more DPS and to avoid getting yourself killed. That doesn't make shadowcraft wrong as it's modelled on patchwerk fights, like twin consorts.

One of, if not the most important thing for combat is finding a good addon to properly track bandits guile, as the default buff will not suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanerkin View Post
    One of, if not the most important thing for combat is finding a good addon to properly track bandits guile, as the default buff will not suffice.
    I would suggest weakauras, highly configurable to what suits you best (icons, bars, etc)

Deleted
    i suggest " Bandit Guile Helper"

Thanks for your time mate! I'll try waiting for the right guile as you suggested, hope it'll make a difference.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 05:25 PM ----------

I use weak auras for buffs and enemy debuffs and combo points redux so i can see combo points from anticipation.
    Thank you all for your help and time!