Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I'm a server guy, not a gamer card guru - anyone have any suggestions, please PM me.
    Yeah. Unfortunately there's no magic tweaks to up your FPS. IIRC there's a few things you can alter in your config to gain a few FPS, though it kinda makes stuff look like crap.
    You can also run the game with an altered dx9 file.

OC your RAM/CPU and you should gain a few FPS, but that's about all you can do. The engine's so bad it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    I like Rift. I keep coming back to it every once and awhile. I'm on hiatus at the moment though. There are about 10 things I'd say I like about it for every 1 thing negative.

The main thing that was bugging me was the combat. I cant explain why, but it feels thicker/more molasses-like/clunky than says SWTOR or WoW. It just doesn't feel as nice to click the buttons and go through the abilities. I'm not too into the lore either it just feels very 2-dimensional.

I get what you are saying.
    WoW and Rifts combat animation are pretty diffrent. I like it better though.
    I remember when i first started to play rift i almost ripped my hair out, out of frustration because not having 60 FPS all the time.
    Small things can easily bugs you in other games.
    Last edited by Rakash; 2013-05-12 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    The reason I left Rift is that I can't stand multiple roles. Yes, the main selling point of the game. Just not for me.
    Sadly, that design model is mostly dead outside of some of the niche indie MMO's. The name of the game is accessibility nowadays, and having strictly determined singular roles make a game far less accessible than one that allows for easy access to multiple roles.

I left simply because people I knew stopped playing slowly.
    Also it costs money and I discovered league of legends....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I tried Rift but got all annoyed when I queued for a random dungeon and wound up getting carried by a max level person. Kinda ruined the experience. Same thing happened the one time I got into a zone-wide rift event thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    I like Rift. I keep coming back to it every once and awhile. I'm on hiatus at the moment though. There are about 10 things I'd say I like about it for every 1 thing negative.
    Same. I did not get the expansion, as I wasn't sure what I was going to be doing (ended up going back to WoW after a brief stop back in SWTOR). We couldn't quite get people into Rift.