Thread: Mods Biased

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mods Biased

Some time ago, I created a thread. Expressed my point of view, as many people often start a thread with a certain viewpoint one way or another. An example, Liberal Lovers, Liberal haters. I sincerely do not expect all of us to get along. After all Dems, and Republicans have been at each other throats for over 200 years.

However I find this a little tough to stomach. I was infracted some time ago, while playing a Mafia game. It was deemed "Flame Baiting" in that same second. The OP of my thread had been edited out. Wiped out by dear beloved Simba, saying this "OP was fairly Biased" well that's no skin off my nose. I set down an appeal process speaking directly to the Admin of the site.

He ensures me that after a little re-wording on the language of my thread. I'm able to re-submit it. That was months ago. Yet my private messages to Sunshine have gone unanswered in regards have gone, unanswered. Lets think about that. I was infracted for "Flame Baiting" and "Flaming" yet people in the thread, do this and worst everyday yet receive no punishment.

None.

Gun Control Thread continue to de-rail the thread talking about masturbation which is against the off topic rules, for 1. It de-rails a topic. 2. It violates the sexuality clause. I can hold you mods, ignoring my request that you offered. Though ignoring all other posters, while focusing in on a certain one. I call that clear biased.

Perhaps the people posting there, are mods on another account and they're allowed to break the rules when they want. Since Sunshine will not respond to my messages. I just thought I'd leave this here, with actual proof. In hopes, in rather using "report" that someone will actually do something about it, even if mods are friends with them.

My own infractions for "Flaming" and second one down, is for 'Flame Baiting" this is proof, mods do infract for it. So I humbly ask, whats the deal.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post20476982

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post20149984

Proof Here;

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7132/proof4w.jpg

Need further proof, go here to read it yourself.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Thread/page895
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-05-09 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report their posts then. Calling out the mods will just make things worse. They don't hate *liberals*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Report their posts then. Calling out the mods will just make things worse. They don't hate *liberals*.
    I reported posts, daily. However during one day, even those the people who I reported roamed free. I was infracted for something less than they did. How exactly, is that fair. Its true Sunshine has yet to respond to my messages. Who else I supposed to report my messages to then.

Pretty sure you were infracted for this:

It's put in easy to understand print so the information does not crush brain of lesser advance beings who can understand it.
    You can mix your words all you want, but you're still calling them stupid, which we all know is flaming.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    thats nothing new on here

My advice is whenever you post something especially in a heated topic, always leave out the last sentence or 2 as that's when people usually put up the flaming and baiting like you did in your posts you linked.{Removed}

see I just saved myself an infraction

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

You can mix your words all you want, but you're still calling them stupid, which we all know is flaming.
    My point is, while I accept the infraction for flaming. That others say worse things. Receive no punishment. I appealed that infraction and accepted it. Yet you cannot infarct one, and let the rest of masses do the exact same thing but in words language yet ignore them. That is my issue. I believe I paid for my infractions with it being on there for months.

Why was I infracted for that one comments months ago, yet the flames traded almost daily are ignored.

yup i noticed that as well, it seems like you've wanted to say, look retards it's right there for you idiots to read, but knowing that would get an infraction, you tried to put it in a polite way, well even calling someone an asshole politely is calling them an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    My point is, while I accept the infraction for flaming. That others say worse things. Receive no punishment. I appealed that infraction and accepted it. Yet you cannot infarct one, and let the rest of masses do the exact same thing but in words language yet ignore them. That is my issue. I believe I paid for my infractions with it being on there for months.

Why was I infracted for that one comments months ago, yet the flames traded almost daily are ignored.
    The only proof you have is people joking about masturbation. People joke a lot around here, around anywhere, especially in the bigger threads where all arguments have been exhausted. People messing around and turning a thread into a chat thread happens in almost every single thread, and is not nearly as bad as calling someone stupid. If you have actual proof of someone flaming you, then post the proof and not something fairly innocent.

And you're going to say "BUT IT'S NOT FAIRLY INNOCENT!"

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post

maybe it's like blizzard ingame reporting to get bots banned? mods only do something is there is enough reports about a post?

According to rule 9 of the rules of the internet "there are no real rules about moderation - enjoy your ban"

While it sucks its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    thats nothing new on here
    I actually agree with this statement a lot. Try as many people do, and as much as many people say, its nearly impossible to be totally unbiased. You are less likely to punish someone whose idea/comments you agree with then with someone you disagree with. I admit I did this occasionally when I used to mod on other forums when I was younger, I normally catch myself, but I tended to instead mod forums I didnt frequent just to make sure that didnt happen as often.

It happens, but I dont feel its because the other posters are their friends, its just their opinions are similar so you get a little less picky if they break a rule if its not overtly apparent, where people you disagree with, rule breaking because obvious in your eyes and needs to be reported.

It happens, it is human nature.

This will end well

The only proof you have is people joking about masturbation. People joke a lot around here, around anywhere, especially in the bigger threads where all arguments have been exhausted. People messing around and turning a thread into a chat thread happens in almost every single thread, and is not nearly as bad as calling someone stupid. If you have actual proof of someone flaming you, then post the proof and not something fairly innocent.

And you're going to say "BUT IT'S NOT FAIRLY INNOCENT!"
    This is my point of interpretation. You see it as joking and kidding around. I saw a poster infarcted just the other day for posting a non constructive post. That is equal to what the people are doing in the screenshot. Yet you continue to ignore it. Yet I made one little snide comment at a poster, and I was infracted right away. It just doesn't seem fair.

I respect the appeals system that this site provides. Yet you cannot, look at one situation say "They're just joking" then infarct another poster saying "non constructive Post" It just isn't correct.

I was flamed daily in the Gun Control Thread before. Yet I always managed to deal with hostile reactions. However I saw a punishment, much more them. My point is people with mod ties seem to get a bit more leverage. Perhaps the people I posted in my screenshot are actual mods. If true they will get away scott free. I just thought this deserved attention.

Sad, when you cannot message an admin on the site. Having to submit a complaint in feedback in order to get a proper reply.

A snide comment is not on the same level as people joking around for a few posts. Hoping that the information you linked doesn't "crush the brains of lesser advance beings", the people you're talking to in the thread, isn't on the same tier as people posting off-posts for a few posts.

See, there's a difference between a non-constructive post where a person goes into a thread and spews religious/anti-religious bullshit in a thread that has nothing to do with religion, just to spark a debate or hurt others, and a non-constructive post where someone makes an off-joke meant to harm nobody. The former promotes conflict and ill-will while the latter is just people being people. If we infracted everyone for the latter every single time then half the people on this site would be banned. Mods do come in every now and then and tell people to stop joking around, but that happens when it's continuous for several pages, and if they keep doing it after that warning then they get infracted. If it's just a joke every now and then, it's nothing bad.

You're just bitter because you got infracted for crossing the line and yet those you're arguing with have been smart enough to stay on the safe side of the threshold. Complaining about it isn't going to work, if you really want them infracted, what you can do is continue to bait people and hope someone trips. Which is inevitably what you're going to do anyway.

But the best thing to do is just drop it and move on. Because cmon. Spamming Sunshine's inbox for stupid bs? Go outside or something. We all get mad every now and then but don't let it linger.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-05-09 at 03:35 AM.

This website is notorious for being extremely bias and deleting threads if they go against it's point of view.

Sponsers man.... Sponsers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    mods only do something is there is enough reports about a post?
    I once had a moderator tell me they went easy and gave me a lesser infraction despite my post being reported by a lot of people. Which gave the distinct impression that popularity had as much of a factor in their decision as did content. I've been infracted for telling people I'm sorry for doing to them what they said I did to them.

Moderators aren't perfect. Discretion is the bane of awareness and will lead to some things being infracted when others mysteriously go free. There isn't much that can be done about it in the end other then just sending a private message off to one of the Admins or moderation bosses to let them know of any issue, perceived or real. All you can do is notify, move on, and forget.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    This website is notorious for being extremely bias and deleting threads if they go against it's point of view.

Sponsers man.... Sponsers.
    Yea I'm sure the main WoW forum is heavily sponsored by the NRA/anti-NRA.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go outside.