The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

DPS feels low... [Feral]

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulate/advanced

I'm missing an enchant on my boots; just assume I have +140 agi/run speed on there for now :P

Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mpb2lf5rpyo9h9pg/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o2u7kuwckest4zok/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g3732sni2gdwbblp/

My DPS just seems really low. I'm looking at parses on WOL and I can't figure out what the hell the problem is.

I've tried jumping back and forth between DoC and HotW and I'm still not really seeing all that much of a difference.

Halp?

Not sure what you're talking about, seems fine to me. Aside from your guild not doing heroics like you should be with a sub 3min jinrokh kill

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about, seems fine to me. Aside from your guild not doing heroics like you should be with a sub 3min jinrokh kill
    In comparison, my dps just seems kind of on the low side. I know feral isn't exactly busting the gates down on the meters, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Also, we're close to a H Jin'Rokh kill, but we only set aside about 3 hours a week on it since we still have only killed Lei Shin once. Also, spacial awareness and not standing in bad things is still a pretty novel concept to some of the people I raid with... -_______-
    Last edited by Joshdatroll; 2013-05-09 at 05:28 AM.

Then have your raid park in the grates on the side during storm, makes it 100% easier, no reason to push dps during storm. As far as dps, get Rune of Reorigination. I ranked on 5 fights right after it. A mandatory trinket for feral if there ever was one.

Deleted
    Where are you feeling that you'r doing bad dps? I mean you are up there and you do a lot considering you don't have Rune nor the Meta gem you'r nerfing your dps quite a lot from not having those two. Now i'm not saying there is a gear issue but considering the dps output on most of ppl requesting help you are way ahead then most. So if you possible could be more specific when you say you'r DPS feels low?

How often are you using Dream of Cenarius?

if i were you i could go mastery > crit > haste. i always had the best results with that before i got RoR.

and correct RoR really makes a huge difference!

try to get some good bleeds off when your soulcharm is stacked up. you can get some really nasty bleeds going with that trinket and if you get it going at 25% you can keep it untill dead with FB's. Your dps actually drops quite often when you enter the 25% phase where you should usually get a really nice rip going with pot and keep that for the remainder of the fight (based of twins and durumu, havnt checked all logs) which should boost your dps by a fair margin!
    worldoflogs.com/reports/o3nezpg3prio8g1j/sum/damageDone/?s=10837&e=11298 (my last twins kill, sucks i have to tank so much now cause our prot pala sux)

looking at your rip vs rake vs melee dmg you seem to get some good rakes going with trinket procs but its worth overwriting rip even with the trinket at 10 stacks. I dont know the dmg vs time left on rip, but i usually refresh it even with 10 sec left if my hc soulcharm is at 10 stacks. makes sense to me but i usually go with the "gut feeling"!

The one who made Catus really deserves a BIG shoutout. Saved me loads of time reforging for RoR. If you have not checked Catus out its time to do it! my stats are 6515 mastery and 6514 haste and crit. really love that addon! thank you to Raffy from fluid druid!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Where are you feeling that you'r doing bad dps? I mean you are up there and you do a lot considering you don't have Rune nor the Meta gem you'r nerfing your dps quite a lot from not having those two. Now i'm not saying there is a gear issue but considering the dps output on most of ppl requesting help you are way ahead then most. So if you possible could be more specific when you say you'r DPS feels low?

How often are you using Dream of Cenarius?
    Mostly in AOE situations, like on the Ball Lightning on Lei Shin or all of Horridon.

I'm not even close to getting my meta; I'm still a week and a half out on getting my extra gem slot ._. But, now that the semester is over, I'll be able to hit LFR every week consistently, and my guild does clear to at least 11/12, so it should maybe take another month to get my meta (hopefully!). As for Rune, my entire guild has yet to see one drop, either in LFR or normal. It suuucks :T

Generally I use DoC BEFORE it's got a second or two left when I can use it and instantly refresh a Rip, Rake or Thrash with it. If none of that stuff is happening or needs refreshing, then I let it to go to like 2 seconds before Pred Swiftness will fall off and then I burn them on Shreds.

if i were you i could go mastery > crit > haste. i always had the best results with that before i got RoR.

and correct RoR really makes a huge difference!

try to get some good bleeds off when your soulcharm is stacked up. you can get some really nasty bleeds going with that trinket and if you get it going at 25% you can keep it untill dead with FB's. Your dps actually drops quite often when you enter the 25% phase where you should usually get a really nice rip going with pot and keep that for the remainder of the fight (based of twins and durumu, havnt checked all logs) which should boost your dps by a fair margin!
    worldoflogs.com/reports/o3nezpg3prio8g1j/sum/damageDone/?s=10837&e=11298 (my last twins kill, sucks i have to tank so much now cause our prot pala sux)

looking at your rip vs rake vs melee dmg you seem to get some good rakes going with trinket procs but its worth overwriting rip even with the trinket at 10 stacks. I dont know the dmg vs time left on rip, but i usually refresh it even with 10 sec left if my hc soulcharm is at 10 stacks. makes sense to me but i usually go with the "gut feeling"!

The one who made Catus really deserves a BIG shoutout. Saved me loads of time reforging for RoR. If you have not checked Catus out its time to do it! my stats are 6515 mastery and 6514 haste and crit. really love that addon! thank you to Raffy from fluid druid!
    I reforged to crit over haste to see how that works... I used to reforge this way anyway, but SimC told me to do it the other way around! I think I like crit better anyway; unbuffed I have almost 40%

I'm still fairly new to feral (I've only played it since the tail end of the previous tier), so I'm still trying to get down when to use pots; generally I prepot and then I use a pot when Bloodlust goes out. I'll be honest, often I forget to use my second one, especially if Bloodlust goes out on the pull.

Try to use your pot with trinket procs+TF+DoC when you know the boss will go sub 25% before bleeds fall off. that way you keep a super powerful rip on for the rest of the fight.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Try to use your pot with trinket procs+TF+DoC when you know the boss will go sub 25% before bleeds fall off. that way you keep a super powerful rip on for the rest of the fight.
    I shall try this. Very much appreciated!

I didn't go through all the logs but one thing that stood out to me was on Iron Qon your rake/rip uptimes were very low. It seems every fight you maintained a good dot uptime your dps wasn't lacking.

Intial thoughts:
    - Missing enchant (you know that alrdy)
    - Over hit cap (due to new boots I'm guessing)

Durumu - Your SR up time could be slightly better. Probably dropped it during lasers? Also, your not pre-potting/2nd potting
    Iron Quon - Your Rake and Rip uptimes seem to be low. I'd try to get them 80% or better.
    Twin Consorts - You used Heart of the Wild and Wrath spammed near the end of the fight. Outside of timewarp/heroism, I wouldn't recommend it. You also 2nd potted with no trinket procs.
    Jin-rokh - Save Berserk/potion for when your in the pool. At the rate your guild is killing the boss, you can leave a super buffed Rip on the boss before leaving the pool(s) and extend it through lightning storm into execute range. Melee hits shouldn't be your top damage for that fight.
    Tortos - Your guild kills Tortos pretty quickly, I'd recommend saving Berserk for 1st set of bats/1st debuff on the boss for extra damage.

Final analysis
    - Pre-pot and 2nd pot and choose your 2nd pot with trinket procs/going into execute phase for a strong Rip. Otherwise, good damage considering no meta/RoR yet. Get those 2 and you should be golden.