Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Guild levels / perks / rewards were a terrible addition to the game, because right now a lot of guilds have no real goals, no real player interaction... they are just a bunch of players looking for guild rewards.
    This is sadly true.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Remember Cataclysm? I sure do, I remember the CC, and "Heroic" feel and I also remember it is what caused the massive loss in subs at the time. Blizzard even admitted it. Hence why it is NOT that way in Mists. I hated Cataclysm and it was the expansion I stopped raiding in, and stopped running dungeons. In fact, I never ran dungeons in BC either. Only Classic, Wrath and now Mists.
    Opinions hey?
    I enjoyed the game during the beginning of Cata, more so than most other expansions. The heroic dungeons and the first raiding tier were fantastic. I even achieved the heroic dungeon achievements for the Stone Drake in full blue quality gear, and it felt great doing it.
    Now in Mop.. heroics can't even be called heroic. They are face-roll AOE fests, and one you have the ilvl for LFR, there is very little incentive to ever return. In my opinion, this is the most forgettable set of dungeons yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    3- Empty servers: I dont even know how this is an issue.. Transfer servers? its there for you..
    Are you willing to pay for his server transfer?

No. I thought not.
    Last edited by Kudos; 2013-05-09 at 10:06 AM.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The general social aspect is gone, however if you want to do heroic raiding or challenge modes, you're gonna have to be social. Same goes for Arena and rated bg's.

2. Do challenge modes or raid heroics.

3. I just pay to move, but I have money. Agree that they should merge some servers but I understand why they don't.

4. You don't need to do them.

5. Why? Easy to gear alts through pvp, dungeons and LFR. You don't need to do dailies at all.

6. I like the lore, so what if it wasn't in a previous warcraft game. In said warcraft game, that was new lore back then.

7. It's always been like this, WotLK had far too many sets. It's not at all confusing though. Maybe you're just dumb.

Deleted
    Can't believe how naive everyone here is about the empty servers 'just pay loads of money and transfer to other server, duh'.

Let's face it; most European servers are dead or in coma with the exception of like maybe 5 servers wich prolly still dont have a good horde to alliance ratio

10+ Year Old Account
    1- The social aspect of the game is gone: While this is true, you can still find a good and friendly guild and do stuff with them. You are not forced to run heroics and LFR with PuGs, you can do it with friends too.

2- The lack of the seems of adventure: Agreed to an extent. You still have heroic raids and challenge mode heroics. I, myself, am a fan of Ulduar raiding style where you choose the difficulty with your playstyle rather than giving the bosses more HP and damage.

3- Empty servers: If you want that to be a problem, it will be a problem. I personally couldn't cvare less for empty servers. I played on Kor'gall EU and somewhere in WotLK it just died out, so I just did a few minutes of research , moved to Sylvanas EU and continued playing there.

4- Dailies: Why do you complain about extra content? You are not forced to do them, even if you don't want to. There are plenty of alternatives to spend your time.

5- Alts: True, but then again, you are not meant to have every questline and every achievement done with every character. That's what the main character's purpose is. I have a couple of high level alts and play them just because I am in the mood to play them, not because I want to do everything I can with them.

6- The lore: Blizzard even said they failed with the TBC lore. They just threw major lore characters without thinking. They want to return Illidan to the world of the living because we killed him off mid-expansion when he was supposed to be the big bad guy. The lore in MoP is evolving, they can't keep telling the story with the same heroes / villains that were in the RTS's. If they never introduced new characters, other people would rage about the lore being boring because there is no variety, nothing new is happening.

7- The gear: Agreed.
    Last edited by Pisholina; 2013-05-09 at 10:19 AM.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Deleted
    It's not dying, it's the biggest MMO in history and currently.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    It's not dying, it's the biggest MMO in history and currently.
    Not for long~

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    I'm about to say a few reasons why i believe WoW is "dying". I really hope a Blizzard employee is reading this, and I ask you all to debate why the subs are constantly going down.

1- The social aspect of the game is gone: There is a serious lack of player interaction in the game. You don't have to form any bonds within the game in order to succed. Easy LFRs and "Heroics" play a big part in here, since you don't have to communicate anymore in order to come up with a good strategy. Guild perks and rewards also contribue to this situation, right now guilds are a bunch of players groupd in order to increase the guild level and to give players rewards. Guild levels / perks / rewards were a terrible addition to the game, because right now a lot of guilds have no real goals, no real player interaction... they are just a bunch of players looking for guild rewards.

2- The lack of the seems of adventure: Yeah, I know, Pandaria can be a fascinating continent... but the PvE experience there, for casuals, is just ridiculous. Players can basically afk in LFR or just pretend to play during a "heroic" dungeon in order to get gear. There is no fun in doing herocis anymore. I remember back in TBC that heroics required tons of coordination, and CC actually meant something, and you know what? I was FUN!!! I mean, of course there were some very hard heroics, such as Shattred Halls and Shadow labs, but there were "easy" heroics that required a good group effort, such as Hellfire Ramparts. Wipes are part of this game. A ridiculously easy game is a boring game, but a challenging game can last forever!

3- Empty servers: Players want a solution to empty servers, and want a solution NOW! We are tired of "we were talking about solutions" excuses. Servers are falling apart and guilds are closng their doors, it's time to give us a solution instead of promises. (No, CRZ is not a solution, it is actually a problem).

4- Dailies: Valor points + countless dailies and reputations... yeah

5- Alts: MoP is a very alt unfriendly expansion, do I need to say more?

6- The lore: The lore is not that interesting. Look at TBC, we face major characters of WoW's lore, such as illidan, kil'jaeden, kael (twice), Vashj, etc. In WotLK we face the Lich King himself alongside his army (anub arak, kel'thuzad, etc)... But not... we fight some creatures we have never heard of (Mogu, Sha, mantid), waiting to finally kill the warchief that basially noone likes. Another problem is how the alliance lore was poorly developed. I play on the horde side, but I feel pity for all the alliance players who have to put up with that storyline... I mean, where are the Draenei? What about the worgen? and the night elves, what is tyrande doing? And WHY do we have to fight the trolls in the middle of a snowstorm?

7- The gear: Too many tiers of gear, it makes the gamme too complicated and create means to segregate players.

That's all folks! Feel free to talk!
    1. Agreed
    2. Yeah after 8 years of this game that feeling is gone
    3. Another thing i agree
    4. Disagree as I enjoyed putting in effort for my gear
    5. Agreed
    6. Strongly disagree, I did'nt give a s**t about Lady Vashj, Kael or Kil'jaeden and I see nothing wrong with new unknown enemies. + Wrathion quest line is pretty epic and cool lore. From the old Lore I enjoyed only LK and Illidan. The story should change just like in Vanilla there was not a single major villian but many randoms.
    7. I like the fact that there is gear for easy normal and hard. Just like any good game it should have a reward for everyones skill level.

Wow will never be the same I hate some changed and I like some but thats up to blizz what they do to their game. I'll stick around as long as I got time when university life gets tougher I'm gonna quit and ditch games all together

Ps. sorry if theres typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Not for long~
    For the foreseeable future, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    For the foreseeable future, it will be.
    If the sub loss just increases from the recent count, it won't last 1-2 years

"dying" is a relative word. Your dying from the first day your born.

So from a point of view WoW is dying as it has only lost players since wotlk. Tbh we had 10 or 12 mill in TBC, and the game has been going downhill ever since, subscriber and gamewise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    If WoW stripped out all of the shit fluff game play and returned to it's roots, providing a story worthy of personal investment, where the player felt immersed into the story, and not distracted with all the lame pop culture references, brawlers guild, pet battles, farmville, and really became a dark and bleak landscape where there was actual danger in the world, people would return.
    Yes because I'm sure you were soooo immersed in Vanilla's lore right?...

Those "lame" pop culture references are just put in for fun - and they are fun. Brawler guild if you've ever done it is quite fun and engaging aswel. Farmville? It's just planting crops and getting easy access to mats and/or motes of harmony.. yeah such a bad thing right!!

Danger in the world? Why does everyone pretend to enjoy world pvp that much? It was only fun when YOU were the one looking for a fight.

The real problem with WoW is simply it's horrible community of whiners and wannabe elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    If the sub loss just increases from the recent count, it won't last 1-2 years
    If anyone would make a decent game it shouldn't be, its nearly 9 years old and at that point 10-11 years old. People act like this thing should be on top forever, its just not possible. At some point every game reaches its life span, and this one has had one much longer than others. WoW is now on the down hill side of things, all they can really do is try and keep it from sliding faster than it should.

No matter what changes Blizzard makes it is going to keep dropping.

There is no saving it or making whole sale changes and having it grow again, its simply too old.

The game is very unwelcoming for new players. Not only is the up-front price for the game (too) high, the environment is not encouraging for someone who has just logged in for the first time. The guild invite spam for one leaves a horrible impression. Rude people at low levels have existed for long, but that is a factor as well.

Empty realms are generally not interesting to play in since you're limited in what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    The game is very unwelcoming for new players. Not only is the up-front price for the game (too) high, the environment is not encouraging for someone who has just logged in for the first time. The guild invite spam for one leaves a horrible impression. Rude people at low levels have existed for long, but that is a factor as well.

Empty realms are generally not interesting to play in since you're limited in what you can do.
    I think the realm pop issue is something they are going to need to reverse their stance on or its just going to cause things to accelerate. CRZ is causing as many problems as its solving, and while server merges don't completely fix the problem, leaving dead realms all over the place is just not workable.

Deleted
    I'm sick of reading about how a game with ONLY 8 MILLION active, paying, playing subscribers, is dying.

Have subscriptions dipped? yes

Is the game on it's death bed? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think the realm pop issue is something they are going to need to reverse their stance on or its just going to cause things to accelerate. CRZ is causing as many problems as its solving, and while server merges don't completely fix the problem, leaving dead realms all over the place is just not workable.
    I see CRZs as a positive change, but I am also counting the realm population issue as the biggest issue in the game for those who are already subscribed. I have few alts on dead factions and it is not fun in comparison. It is less fun even on the dominating faction on PvP realms because CRZs are not present in Pandaria and there is nobody from the other faction around. I want competition and to kill people now and then.

While any discussion trying to pinpoint problems of the game so that perhaps someone at Blizzard will read it and think about it is welcome, I really don't see any sign of WoW "dying". Did WoW reach its peak at 12 million players? Possibly. Do I see the game losing like half the current playerbase, and eventually more over time? Yes, probobly. Does that mean that it is dying? I don't think so. Seriously, EverQuest has has 19 expansions now. I'm not sure, but I think they have like 200,000 subscribers or something like that. I am quite confident that many years from now WoW will still linger on with about the same amount of subscribers that Star Wars: The Old Republic has today - and still be profitable, while far from as profitable as it has been. But one must remember, WoW is a huge cash cow as it is now. And it will have to go below a million subscribers, probobly, before it stops being profitable. And at that point Blizzard will be running "Titan" as their cash cow, and just keep WoW and releasing new expansions because it is still profitabe, while letting "Titan" make sure they meet their corporate profit goals. And that's the worst case scenario; I think they can do a hell of a lot of changes to the game before they let the subscriber base go down to 1 million. I seriously don't see any short-term threat to WoWs longevity.

That being said, I recently quit the game. =)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how you draw lines between MoP and TBC..considering that was about 6 years ago. It's so irrelevant it's sad.

It's not dying, it's just old. People will leave, there will come a time when subs drop past 5m, and there's little to nothing blizzard can do about it. And people will probably still call foul. You just can't please everyone, and it's becoming harder and harder to please even the masses, as people want different things at different levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe...I can't wait to come back here next year...when WoW sub base drops further down and keep hearing the same arguments from both sides.

1) WoW is not dead, 6 millions...bla bla bla

2) WoW is dead Vanilla, TBC...bla bla bla

WoW aint dead, 8 millions is not dead, but WoW is dying...and that is normal. Guys, game is nearing it's 10th anniversary, what do you expect with WoW? To keep going forever and be the top MMO all the time. News flash, not gonna happen.
    Mindless...