Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Check this Lynx Rush Damage.

Is this for real?

http://i.imgur.com/CTTvWT3.jpg

Is that a fluke or does lynx rush really do that much damage?
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-09 at 07:35 AM.

Mate im going into pvp right now with basicly 0 ress and i get 1 shotted by "GG Chaos bolt, locks" (well atleast 350k easy hits on me.....)

Well, not a lot of context there, but let me see what it tell us.

For starters, you're on the Isle of Thunder. There's a lot of zone buffs available on IoT. This is not the controlled conditions of arena, or even a BG.

You're up against a BM Hunter. After the Warrior nerfs, BM Hunters are arguably the number one "pop all your cooldowns at the start with a single uber-macro and make someone explode" class. If you don't respond to the big red nasty eating your face with some CC or a defensive cooldown of your own it's going to be a fast ticket to paintown, population You.

I have to notice you're a Rogue. It's not uncommon for Rogues out on the town for a merry night of ganking to focus on their offense at the cost of defense. Is your Resil in the 60%+ range, or might it be noticeably lower than that? Cause, you know, that matters.

Deleted
    If you had 60-65% resil, 250k damage from a pet is absurd.

Were you in full PVP gear when this happened? That's pretty crazy damage.

Edit: Just armouried. Yeah you are (64.33%). That's ridiculous damage.

He could have had Animus buff and Zandalari pot to justify this I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuramie View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=138143 could have contributed.
    That and the buff from those arcane mobs, the ones which give you a 60% dmg increase buff.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=67937 These guys, but then horde side perhaps?
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-05-09 at 11:06 AM.

I got hit for 80k per tick with 65% resi in vale of eternal blossoms, beat that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Hunters are strong but it is indeed a fluke, I really couldnt care less if some skilless tard abuses an op class to get his rocks off with pushing 1 button. You should just stop caring, it makes outplaying someone that much more fun. Hunter uncounterable dmg is uncounterable

I wonder if hunter's will take it after the blink strike nerf. It does break CC on the entire world but just don't use it when the rogue blinds.

I've had this too. 40k hits from lynx rush. Yes, HITS. This is from battle for gilneas btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    lynx rush is pretty strong, but if theres more than 1 target it messes it up :P against just 1 target its pretty good.

also, whats your resi and their pvp power?

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    I wonder if hunter's will take it after the blink strike nerf. It does break CC on the entire world but just don't use it when the rogue blinds.
    i think blink will still be better. lynx rush is really strong 1v1, you're gonna get all 8 stacks. if its vs 2 people you're only going to get 4stacks
    dragonmaw - EU

Blink is potentially worse imho.

I just met a Worgen hunter ganking crossroads. I have 66.53 resi. BlinkStrike hit me for a string of 40-60k crits. Pet solos me with minimal damage from hunter himself.

Most of the burst in the screenshot in the OP probably came from the crit RNG alone. 4 of the last 5 ticks critting? Ouch.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    wow 5 crits so unlucky too XD

yeah I kinda hate RNG lol. I was playing my guardian druid yesterday 67% res and in bear form got hit with a 185k starsurge, no bueno, but ya live and ya play lol. That lynx rush I good dmg in a 1v1 scenario but usually in multi-target situations it's crappy IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redderz1 View Post
    Blink is potentially worse imho.

I just met a Worgen hunter ganking crossroads. I have 66.53 resi. BlinkStrike hit me for a string of 40-60k crits. Pet solos me with minimal damage from hunter himself.

yeah ive got 80k blink strike crits, its getting nerfed big time next patch though :P
    dragonmaw - EU

nice ui..wts the name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walled56 View Post
    nice ui..wts the name?
    LUI
    /10chars