Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    We all know that bringing back mass-ganking and camping helpless lowbies like assholes is a great way to return the social aspect and the great community to the game - don't be such a negative nancy! You are totally the reason the community is so toxic nowadays with your instant gratification bullshit!

Totally.

10char
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    So, your solution is to piss people off by forcing them to spend half an hour to get anywhere, and kinda maybe force some world PVP, and oh yeah allow people to grieve low level areas as well. Not saying these are bad ideas... cause they are terrible to be honest. The WoW of yesteryear is long gone my friend, and you need to realize it. That and the idea that "Blizzard needs to swallow their pride" is laughable to me. You do realize they want to make money right? When it comes to the game you think pride has anything to do with it? It's all about the money thats all they care about.

Removing those things you mentioned will cause more to leave. The hardcore playerbase might be happy but they are the minority. Thats terrible business. We all know you guys would find something else to complain about shortly after anyway. Blizz can never win with you.

Oh and sorry to tell you but Vanilla was not as great and magical as you make out. Going back to it would be a terrible idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Remove the following things:

All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.
    i agree wiht all of these expet "Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages" i think u should add more guards who r stronger in the towns because now ppl can just go in the towns gank ppl and drak 100 guards on their back w/o getting killed. u should be in a party/raid to be able to attack a town and sucseed

Deleted
    mmm, yes this would be awesome. Still, its just a dream that will never come true I dont think Blizzard wants to take steps back into the evolution of wow, its only forward right now

Quote Originally Posted by Conall89 View Post
    Completely disagree with the immersion theory. ...
    Just for completeness sake, would you call yourself a casual player?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stopped at "remove flying mounts" As then you can tell it's the same crap that gets posted countless times a week, Stop thinking you know how to fix WoW by saying such rubbish.
    Weird how, Mostly i see on these forums people say how TBC was the best, you know, the Expac than INTRODUCED flying mounts, Yet also people say that Flying mounts killed WoW and it such a huge problem
    Yawn

When you come up with something even a tiny bit original, and with any basis at all, then please, make another thread, but untill then? Stop wasting everyones time with crap like this, please.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    WoW is GROWING, who cares they lose a million subs in the east? EU servers are as full as never before, same goes with US (except low pop ones of course, nothing new there).
    The thing is, populations arnt growing. People are transfering off low pop to high pop servers. The high pop servers might seem to be growing, but what is really happening is they are just abosrbing dead servers.

Reguardless there is no such thing as a server community as everyone solo's dailies then LFR's with strangers. Blizz needs to bring back the ease of wrath to let guilds have the ability to do things together instead of solo'ing and lfr'ing

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    All that would kill WoW for me, i hate world pvp thus why im on a pve server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    People are growing up.
    There's a recession and £108.00 a year on one game. (That's before expansions) is too much to spend.
    That depends on how you see it. Personally I don't really buy a lot of games anymore so playing wow probably saves me money I would otherwise have had to spend on new games.

On topic: I agree with most of what you've said except for your solutions. Removing flying mounts in Azeroth and removing lvl 90 guards everywhere would be fine though.

Honestly though, WoWs biggest problem right now is the community. It's not the same thing that it once was, mainly due to x-realm stuff. This together with how awful every servers population ratio is. It's incredibly boring playing on a 90%/10% horde/alliance server but I don't even know if there are realms that are "balanced". Fixing that would be very important. Then again they'll probably merge factions after this xpac so I guess it doesn't matter if so.
    Last edited by mmoc76a77bed7e; 2013-05-09 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Lets just do some very simple math here. 8.3 mil subs active x14.99 a month = 124,417,000 A Month, more so 1,493,004,000 a year. Yea you may say WoW is dying, or BLizz needs to swallow their pride but the numbers dont lie. It does not cost Blizz 1.4 Billion dollars a year to run. They are still a huge cash cow no matter how you look at it, period.
    around 50% of those subs are from asia which pay very little in terms of sub, eu/us provides 90% of the revenue from subs so its much closer to 800 million just alone from subs.

WoW is slowly dieing from itself, its the same old every expansion with a few new features but overall its the same game, people just get bored of it after playing for 6 years. main reason ppl dont quit are they have invested years of playing along with friends along the way but eventually those players will quit too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootis View Post
    I totally agree, the "world" in World of Warcraft is simply not there any more. Prepare to be flamed though, as the "new" WoW community is full of fanbois standing in line to praise Blizzard's every move.
    god forbid anyone to have their own opinion right

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard needs to merge servers, one of the major things thats gone from WoW is community. this probably wont bring it back, but it might help, theres so many servers on WoW right now, and a lot of them are low population and some are just empty. blizzards solution was CRZ, which helped slightly, but not really. and they want players to pay £10 just to move off the server, they need to start merging servers, so many low pop servers could be merged yet blizzard refuses to do it. i really think this is one thing they need to do, blizzard really hates this idea and don't want to do it, but i think they are going to have to. WoW can't continue to have this many servers with a reducing playerbase, servers are just getting emptier and emptier. there should be about half the servers there are now if you ask me.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    LOL, really LOL.

PvP is not immersion, in fact if you look at which servers have the most people I doubt the PvP servers would rate. If anything Blizzard is killing their game by trying to balance it around PvP. Witness Cata, it was a wholesale change in health pools to try and stem off the issue of burst in PvP/Arenas. They had to counter the pools by nuking healers. No other mana user has their efficiency wrecked. Every level above 80 their efficiency went down. I remember the numbers posted before. The result, I watched the guild i had been with for years implode and the story was similar across other guilds I knew. Many of our healers had spouses/significant others that played. When one quit the other quit. We went from fifty plus online at a time to the low twenties to teens within three months. Gone.

No, what really hurts the game is their incessant attempts to fix the PvP which they themselves wreck because of monty hall gear.
    They nerfed healers because of pve in wotlk healers rarely went oom and could take 4-6 player easily. While keeping their team alive and in pve they were making up for every mistake dpser's were making which meant they could ignore mechanics. Blizzard also realized that your fastest heals were your mana saving heals which they found to be sad. They wanted healers to actually be worried about mana and not just sit their a spamming flash of light with no worry. I can remember the amount of times in wotlk where I would just spam heal myself and get all the way to 100 cast.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-05-09 at 02:45 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove the following things:

All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    i agree, make it like the early wotlk looking for group, you search for a group for the dungeon you want, a group finds but you still have to get there, i enjoyed the little bit of pvp at meeting stones for the daily dungeon. another thing that should come back, daily heroics/weekly raids. a lot of people are too lazy for this to come back though, but i think it will be better.

Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    too late, i dislike flying mounts, and i think GC said he does too, but its too late now. i wish they had never been put in, they made the world feel smaller and less dangerous. i like what they did with MoP where you can't fly until max level, im glad they did this.

Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    no thanks! i like world pvp, but not when its just some max levels camping a low level town because the guards are only level 40. keep higher level guards, just dont overpower them, like the booty bay guards.
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    i think they did this in cata beta and people hated it, also like in TBc and very few people did heroics. i dont think heroics should be that hard, but they should be longer. at the moment you spend 15mins queuing to spend 10mins in the dungeon
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    this one really adds nothing, you're still just stood in orgrimmar/stormwind at the battlemasters

Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.
    it can be annoying when you're trying to help a friend but you cant see them because of phasing, but im not sure what i think of phasing as a whole yet.

[/QUOTE]

just my opinion on these.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    It means a game truely engrossing you in its world, its lore, its characters, etc. It means playing a game like WoW and thinking "I've outgrown my homeland of Dun Morogh, its time for me to start my adventure in Loch Modan!" rather than "I just hit level 10, better move to the next zone".

It is not a buzzword.
    Immersion is a buzzword because a buzzword is a "A technical word or phrase that has become fashionable, typically as a slogan." Look through all of the posts about why WOW lost 1.3 million players. "Immersion" is cited pretty often, and people are usually using that as an excuse to say, "We need to go back to vanilla". "Community" is another one. "Casual" is another one.

Immersion is such a vague, loose term that people can suggest virtually anything and call it a change aimed at increasing immersion. The OP proposed removing features of convenience as a way to add "immersion". None of the things he's proposing immersed me in vanilla. Vanilla immersed me less than every expansion, including MOP (although MOP is pretty far down there as well). I'm not alone when I say this, but I know there are people who would wholeheartedly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Also, EQ has had progression servers for a while, and by all accounts they're hugely popular.
    No they aren't. There were 2 progression servers in EQ, but they both never left "Low" population. SOE had to merge the two earlier this year. There are current servers that still hit "Medium", but the EQ progression server still never does. They appeal to such a small demographic within EverQuest's already now-niche market that you can't genuinely play the game below cap on them any more. If you played on Vulak, you never ran into anybody, because that server was dead as a doornail. If you played on Fippy, there were so few people playing that there weren't EXP groups. If you were under level 70, you had to either pay someone to power level you, or play from a list of solo friendly classes.

No, they're not hugely popular. It was an experiment by SOE in response to posts on the forums clamoring about the "good old days". There was enough popularity to keep a single server sustained, but they're a very niche appeal. Progression servers also have a weird problem.

They have to be restarted every 3-4 years because they die. In terms of EQ's progression servers, they generally make it to somewhere between the latter part of "Legacy of Ykesha" to the early part of "Omens of War". Then SOE restarts the progression server after sitting stagnant for about 2 years, and the server's population is lower. It repeats itself, and then the server population is even lower...

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    D3 is down to 6000 players concurrently playing at prime time now.
    That is less appealing that a single server of GW2.

That argument does not stand all the time.
    I'm curious, what's your source for this number?

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    They nerfed healers because of pve in wotlk healers rarely went oom and could take 4-6 player easily. While keeping their team alive and in pve they were making up for every mistake dpser's were making which meant they could ignore mechanics. Blizzard also realized that your fastest heals were your mana saving heals which they found to be sad. They wanted healers to actually be worried about mana and not just sit their a spam flash of light with no worry.
    No healer could take 4-6 players easily in Wrath. None. Not resto druid, not disc priest, and especially not the two garbage PVP healers in Wrath (resto shamans and holy pallies). You couldn't ignore mechanics in raids in Wrath either. Good luck ignoring the fire on Mimiron Firefighter, or the debuffs on Heartbreaker, or the shadow traps on Heroic LK, or the spikes on Anub'Arak, or the orbs in Twin Valks.

Remove flying mounts, remove LFR, remove x, remove y, remoze z. It's all been said before but it never works. New games come out, just look at star wars TOR, their main plan was building a community, trying to cut out all the 'lazy' features of WoW but it just didn't work. Within weeks they were adding all the things people were initially crying to be left out of the game.

TOR fan - woot no LFR/LFG, no stupid portals this is going to build a community \o/. In reality trade chat is either dead or people cba spending 30 minutes getting a group together, 3 weeks of this then the QQ starts to add a dungeon/raid finder.

Apparently nobody here has heard of CRZs, and how awesome all the world pvp is now because of them, because it is so fricken awesome to be ganked by a lvl 90 when your lvl 60, or how immersive it is to not be able to get into outland without deathflopping for 15 minutes to make it through the portal past the army of lvl 90s.

All that annoying stuff in vanilla/BC weren't the things that made the game good! Your argument is like saying that the 1920s were awesome because we didn't know how to cure syphilis yet.

if you want to refresh the game you need ideas that people haven't seen yet, instead of beating the same dead horse, because that horse died 5 years ago after being sent to the glue factory.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the OP starts off with some kind of self-indulgent wank-fest by stating:

As a few of you will know who have seen my recent WOW videos I have returned after a 3 year break to see what has gone wrong with the game I played 6 times a week for 6 years of my life.
    If you took a 3 year break, one could conclude that you didn't play Cata nor the first year of MoP. So... the only thing you can base your opinion on is second-hand information from other people and their opinions? So you went and made some videos based on that to tell us your opinion? An opinion which is then largely based on OTHER peoples' opinions? Yeah, that sounds like someone that is totally informed and relevent to my interests!

Then the rest of your post basically read as:
    BLAH BLAH WORLD PVP BLAH BLAH MORE WORLD PVP BLAH BLAH WORLD PVP BLAH BLAH I DONT PLAY ON A PVP SERVER SO WORLD PVP DOESNT MEAN JACK ALL TO ME BLAH BLAH WORLD PVP.
    So, basically, after your silly opening, the entire basis of your argument is null and void to a large percentage of the WoW player base, because World PvP is not a factor to them:

World PvP is the thing that brought immersion
    So, if World PvP brought immersion, and World PvP is a non-factor on PvE servers unless you choose for it to be, then PvE servers don't have immersion unless you choose to have it.

So, now that we show how silly the crux of your argument is, let's add one last little bit for fun. Since you took a 3 year break, I guess you weren't around for the fun little experiment known as CRZ, and how it lit up the PvP servers as they once again became a massive cesspool of ganking and every other kind of douchebaggery one would expect from an environment that is specifically designed to allow such behavior? The endless threads on the subject the first few months after it went live speaks to how World PvP was alive once again, despite none of the shit you mentioned being implimented.

Conclusion:

I don't think you are as qualified to make the "game saving" decisions as you might think you are.

Deleted
    the new generation of wow player s are what is killing wow because they are console gamers, if something is to hard they whine, if something isnt dropping for them they whine and blizzard listen its the new generation gamers that are killing wow cos they have no respect for the game or anything and just want free loot and sit AFK in org while they do heroics,LFR or battlegrounds, ive been a player since patch 1.7 and im glad i did cos wow to me know is alot worse than it used to be, granted there was dickheads i ntrade in classic but now id say over 75% of wow players are just little trolls wow trade on my server peak time from 6pm to 10pm its like bloody 4chan with the amount of bitching and stuff, the reason wow is dying is cos of the new generation gamers and there consoles then ruining PC gaming if you play on a console please stay there i dnt own a console cos im a PC gamer and proud of it