Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Most of the players who have so-called "grown up" are still gaming the same amount, just a different game. Lets get them back because many probably would really like to come back.

Burning Crusade baby.

merge servers to fix the low pop problem, or just let the servers die naturally.

the choice is obvious, isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    As expected. WoW loses subscribers? Here the threads "Wow is dying, i have the cure!"
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-09 at 07:10 PM.

Sounds like a ganker's paradise. If they did this AND combined it with free transfers to PVE realms, I'd be able to live with it.

Enough already.
    Vanilla was shit.
    I know, I was there.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Agree that teleporting to dungeons & flying mounts werent good for immersion in the game: it kills world-pvp.

But thats in retrospect. If they ever do some sort of "restart", then I hope they stick with groundmounts. Its just a better experience. Fighting is done in the trenches, not high up in the air.

One of the problems is you can play the game without ever leaving Stormwind/Org.

15+ Year Old Account
    I partially agree. As in lacking world immersion, not the lacking world pvp - it might also lack that, but that might also be due to things such as server balance. Ofc not having to move to instances/cross server lfg wrecks it as well, since as others have stated you don't have to move anhwhere now while leveling (prior to mop when it goes to snail speed). Anyways I don't have a set answer to how to fix it except its not something that will be fixed without a major overhaul of everything.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    this one really adds nothing, you're still just stood in orgrimmar/stormwind at the battlemasters
    Actually, he's going back further. Like when you had to go to Arathi Highlands to queue for AB or Ashenvale to queue for WSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Remove the following things:

All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.

Add the following things

All future expansions should take place in Azeroth, do not add any more zones, just develop the story on Azeroth so it thrives once again.
    LFD/LFR are rgeat tools they allow for cross realm groups and whatnot, they added chalenge dungeons for ppl that want chalenging 5 mans (altough i agree the rewards are kinda dumb) an there are normal/heroic raids for organised groups and you do have to walk to the dungeon/raid to use these features.

That would make at least half of the comunit quit, me included.

I (and at least half of the comunity) play in a PVE realm, I dont give a flying fck for guards, world PvP and whatnot, maybe change these things on a PvP realm it makes no diference in a PvE one, when someone is attacking Stormwind to kill Varyan and I happen to be online I simply dont even care and let them kill Varyan, I dont play this game ot PvP at all and there are lots of ppl that dont either. I agree world PvP needs some help on the PvP servers, but world PvP has 0 impact on a PvE server.

They tried that on cata didnt work at all, they added chalenge modes for ppl that want chalenging 5 mans tough.

That would just be a time sink

Another time sink, nothing else

Phasing is great for making the world feel alive, if anythign it adds to the imersion, you do somethign and the owrld actualy changes rather than going back to how it looked before you changed it cause it "resets every week" or something. It des have the drawback of afecting world PvP but them again its not everybody that cares about that aspect of the game, they do need a solution for the ppl that do tough.

In resume your game would be a gigantic casual unfriendly place littered with time sinks, hey thats the description of Vanilla WoW !!!!
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-05-09 at 07:43 PM.

I agree on pretty much every point, but unfortunately I think changing back to the old ways would do more harm than good, as far as keeping a high player base. The sad fact is, player expectations have changed. Removing all these conveniences, even for the good of the game, would drive a lot of people away, newer people in particular. Once you let people grow soft, it becomes hard to toughen them up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Blizzard stated in their report that they lost a lot of casual players. These "solutions" would mean the loss of even more.

All future expansions should take place in Azeroth, do not add any more zones, just develop the story on Azeroth so it thrives once again.
    And this solution would lose all the players who dislike "rehashed" content. Did you seriously not see the massive backlash against Cataclysm? I also can't think of a better way to stagnate the game than to stop adding new stuff.

From a business point of view Blizzard are currently their own worst enemy, they are killing the game by making it so easy and forgiving.
    World of Warcraft was pitched as being THE casual MMO game when it came out; other MMOs like Everquest were brutally hard. Guess which one hit multiple millions of players within a matter of months?

If they opened a BC server millions would return, but this would be an admission of doing it wrong and the PR department won't allow that
    It's cute that you genuinely believe this.

Blizzard took a gamble when they casualized the game and let's be honest they lost drove older players away in mass numbers and a lot of them have moved on if they were to try to turn back now they'd drive away the new people they were trying to get.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    . Man. This is by far the #1 thing I miss in wow.
    I miss the long dungeons, I don't miss the fact they were half hour dungeons with another hour being corpse runs.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Blizzard took a gamble when they casualized the game and let's be honest they lost drove older players away in mass numbers and a lot of them have moved on if they were to try to turn back now they'd drive away the new people they were trying to get.
    They drove away the super hardcore EQ players. That was Cata.

Then they took a turn to the grind-loving game that is MoP, and now casuals are bailing.

MoP in one quarter lost more than Cata lost in any single quarter.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It's nostalgia you're thinking of, nothing more. You can't strike lightning in a bottle twice. You aren't ever going to feel the way you felt about the game back then, ever again.

The game was at its peak going into Cata, and they shot themselves in the foot, big time. It wasn't even the fact that it was too casual. It was the fact that they spent so much time revamping the older zones, that end game content suffered, big time. I remember that within a month and change there was literally nothing to do. People sat around in their respective cities bored out of their skulls. That shouldn't happen.

I remember a blue post where someone said (I can't remember who), that it broke their heart to see that people had nothing to do. If they had focused on end game content more and not released a rushed Dragon Soul raid that we had for months and months, maybe they would have kept more people.

Mists of Pandaria was much, much better, but the problem was so many people were sour over Cata, and the fact that they advertised Mists of Pandaria to look very kiddie, that soured people even more. I think the only thing that can really get people talking again is a BC style expansion again (hopefully Burning Legion) and then have a cool bad guy and have a very dark and awesome atmospheric type feel to the entire expansion. People want and love that type of stuff. JMO
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-05-09 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I miss the long dungeons, I don't miss the fact they were half hour dungeons with another hour being corpse runs.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 02:50 PM ----------

They drove away the super hardcore EQ players. That was Cata.

Then they took a turn to the grind-loving game that is MoP, and now casuals are bailing.

MoP in one quarter lost more than Cata lost in any single quarter.
    Not quite.

Pre-4.3 Cataclysm was driving away the casuals with difficulty.
    Post-4.3, I thought they'd learned from their mistakes.

Turns out they had, but only because they were making other mistakes with Mists, such as driving away the casuals with grind.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I agree with the OP, and it's the main reason I do not play WoW anymore (aside from on a Vanilla private server). I cannot get immersed in it, the feeling of a world is gone. In its place are conveniences and instant gratifications. It's like a giant lobby game now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Not quite.

Pre-4.3 Cataclysm was driving away the casuals with difficulty.
    Post-4.3, I thought they'd learned from their mistakes.

Turns out they had, but only because they were making other mistakes with Mists, such as driving away the casuals with grind.
    Yeah, 4.3 was a marked improvement.

Then MoP pissed all over that marked improvement.

Makes me wonder what the alternative to MoP was and why that would have driven away more than 1.3 million players a month....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I kinda wish people would stop associating the "Casualization of the game" with older players quitting. Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that a lot of the "older players" have been playing this game every week for the past 7+ years? Maybe we're just ready to move on to something new, not because we think it's bad and "not hardcore enough" but just because some of us have sat in front of a computer screen playing a singular game for over 1 YEAR OF OUR TOTAL LIFE. That's 365+ DAYS of playing one game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't swallow. Blizzard spits (all over its fanbase).