Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    why settle for outlands, when we can go to Argus?
    Why not both ?

op why not play on a vanilla private server. i'm 100% sure you won't like it one bit. all you did was revert things to save time.
    and alot of people have problem with MoP being not alt friendly because everyting takes times. there just things YOU like not what alot of people like.

10+ Year Old Account
    With your changes many casual players will quit and casual players are a big part of WoW's population. MMO grinding isn't as "popular" as it used to be when WoW came out. Simple as that. Not many people want to spend hours and hours doing dailies or doing a dungeons plus getting ganked for another hour going to a dungeon/ BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Why not both ?
    true and better also Xoroth as well.

why settle for outlands, when we can go to Argus?
    There is nothing on Argus. It's just one of millions of conquered Legion worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihth View Post
    Kind of agree, but what you forget is that at the stone there were often people from the opposite faction, maybe that one rogue that does nothing but gank people all day every day. You engage in combat with him and kill him and proceed on summoning the rest of the party, before everyone accepts there are suddenly several people from the opposite faction showing up ready to fight... Then you got a small war going, ten times more fun than any BG you have ever played.
    or you got the lame 90 rogue killing people near a low dungeon meeting stone prefenting you from doing the dungeon. and waiting for 2 people to go to a meeting stone was a pain in the ass.

true and better also Xoroth as well.
    Sure, let's just go to every world outside of Azeroth we know the name of.

Oh wait, there's only two. One of which was from a tiny bit of background lore associated with the warlock mount quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with the game. MOP is by far the best version of WOW yet.

What do 1.3 million unsubbing in China have to do with me?
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There is nothing on Argus. It's just one of millions of conquered Legion worlds.
    This is a major Legion world of the Eredar. I really doubt they will not have this come into play. Infact they had warlocks go to one of the conquered worlds Xerrath. But never got past development stages into ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    op why not play on a vanilla private server. i'm 100% sure you won't like it one bit. all you did was revert things to save time.
    and alot of people have problem with MoP being not alt friendly because everyting takes times. there just things YOU like not what alot of people like.
    I tried a Vanilla Server the other day ...NOPE NOPE NOPE I quickly remembered why Vanilla needs to stay buried, for the very few goods things it had there were a million bad things.

Skill Trees being one of them ... my god, no idea how Blizz ever thought Vanilla Skill trees were compelling gameplay, don't even get me started on how bad pet management was. No for all the nostalgia I am glad Vanilla is gone never to return, it had its time and was found lacking.

I do however have a Blizz Like 2.4.3 TBC server I am quite fond of, if I had to choose any expansion to have as a legacy server it would be TBC 2.4.3.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2013-05-10 at 05:54 AM.

WoW doesn't need saving. It's still by far the biggest mmo on the market. And despite people's nitpicking, Blizzard does put alot of passion into it. People often ignore this when something isn't the way they like it. That said, Blizz has another mmo coming out. And eventually, it will take much of the playerbase from wow. That is when WoW will "Die". But even still, alot of people will still play it. Look at games like Everquest/UO. Those games are old as fuck, and people still play them and are passionate about them.

Blizzard makes their games for the masses, not for the hardcore.

The only reason other games don't have flying in them is because it's much more easier (translation: MUCH MORE CHEAPER) to do it like that.

Anyway, it's funny to see someone complaining there is no world PvP, while there are like 3 billion people complaining about... too much world PvP because of CRZ...

TBH, if you like it or not, WoW is the default go to mmo u allways end up going back to, for how meny years have ppl said "oh this X mmo is the end of wow" and the mmo just last 2 months before the subs drops like stones, and guess 2 times what game 80% of that player base crawls back to.

I admit it, WoW is my mmo i will allways go back to. (its far from my first mmo!) I miss the old days (Lineage 2) , though L2 was destroyed by farmers and its a korean grinder.

As you said, the old school player base is growing older, and thats why i think WoW is still going to be popular to some of the old school players, as you get older, less time you have to play and mmo "hardcore" , in other words the casual side of WoW is just perfect, you can still raid , but dont have to be in a hardcore raid, nor do you have to join pugs to get ure achivements and work ure ranks that way, if youre a PVP player that cant play much , you just have to play ure 10 or whatever matches each week.

TBH, after reading the first pages; and im a active player since Beta, (- 2 months total):

- i dont miss running to the dungeons, just to get chain ganked by a guild of retards, nor do i miss standing in ogri/stormwind shouting for hours for a group either.

- i dont miss having to grind STV early in the morning / late when the kids have gone to bed with their lvl 60 shit geared rogue vs ure lvl 40

- i dont miss having to play for months to hit cap, just to start gearing up, week of grinding is just perfect as it is , and still you learn the basics of ure class.

- having diffrent zones / new zones is a REALY good thing, u get tierd of the same places fast, and a new area with a new look / feel is just what you need, but i agree some zones is dead , thats why the CZ came , and now the zones is packed with ppl to group with again..

- but there is one thing i miss, its the world pvp we had back in the days between south shore and terren mill, the rest of the "world" pvp was great till one
    couldnt take the humiliation of a good 1on1 or 1v2 or 2v3 or whatever, and had to bring on their hole guild to hunt you down.

------------------------

As said earlier in this thread, if u dont like the game, leave! no need to make a cry thread and think ppl care about why you are quiting, or whatever reason why you hate wow or whatever, because no body cares, ure nobody just like me and everyone else in this game, you make no diffrence...
    Play what u like and dont tell anyone what they should do and should not. WoW is fine as it is, and far as i know, no mmo can match it, even if they would like to.. (and dont bring up some F2P mmo sub shit, tierd of it, name a mmo that makes more money then wow)
    Last edited by MrDarkey; 2013-05-10 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Blizzard makes their games for the masses, not for the hardcore.

The only reason other games don't have flying in them is because it's much more easier (translation: MUCH MORE CHEAPER) to do it like that.

Anyway, it's funny to see someone complaining there is no world PvP, while there are like 3 billion people complaining about... too much world PvP because of CRZ...
    Blizzard tries to make game with something for everyone. Which is the smart way to go about it. And they've achieved that very well. But people ignore this when it's convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I was able to follow through the thread, and with tons of other threads, even YAHOO! showing this on there Front Page ( http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...233637952.html ) - it just goes to show... how much a video game.. can change the lives of people who DON'T EVEN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WOW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Although I agree with the OP's analyses. I do not agree with the solution.

All the things you've listed are things they should never have implemented to begin with. You can't fix convenience in an online game.

Adding convenience to an online game is like doing drugs. It feels good for a while, but in the longterm you're going to be stuck with it and only see how badly it ruined everything.
    I agree with this poster's view. I suspect it is a privately held view among some people at blizzard too. There have been a couple of oddly phrased comments from named persons there over time that make you wonder if they even agree with what they said.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    and 10x more time wasted that I could be running the dungeons I want to be running rather than PvPing...

I'm all for world PvP, and ganking even, but when it gets to where you can get a raid of bored people to sit outside a dungeon and ensure nobody from the other faction has any chance at getting it... that's just not fun...
    Well then you run in instead. you die once, then ghost to the enterence ress and run in.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    I tried a Vanilla Server the other day ...NOPE NOPE NOPE I quickly remembered why Vanilla needs to stay buried, for the very few goods things it had there were a million bad things.

Skill Trees being one of them ... my god, no idea how Blizz ever thought Vanilla Skill trees were compelling gameplay, don't even get me started on how bad pet management was. No for all the nostalgia I am glad Vanilla is gone never to return, it had its time and was found lacking.

I do however have a Blizz Like 2.4.3 TBC server I am quite fond of, if I had to choose any expansion to have as a legacy server it would be TBC 2.4.3.
    indeed tbc had it charms.

That wouldn't do anything but make all the casual players leave, hell it would probably make me leave too, I don't play wow to have a second job I play it to unwind after a long day. So how again is this supposed to save wow when it would get rid of probably half the playerbase?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihth View Post
    Well then you run in instead. you die once, then ghost to the enterence ress and run in.
    Assuming you don't have the slightest bit of latency and get hit by any of the DK's standing there looking at the instance tab/death gripping to pull you away as soon as you res.