Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Ok, so not everyone has the capacity / opportunity / dedication to conquer every aspect of the game. Lots of very active pvp'ers won't get a gladiator title either. Is this a problem that should be tackled as well?

I will likely never get a TLPD mount. Should I demand that the spawn rate be adjusted?
    Not if you talk about the very top content, heroic raids. But yes, everyone that tries enough should be able to complete NORMAL raidsd, NORMAL, as for NORMAL people, you know, that MDEIUDM difficulty.

Funny that you try to compare NORMAL raids to GLADIATOR in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They are declining to be molded into the kinds of players you want them to become. Why should they care what you want them to be? This is a problem for you, because they will pull the game design in a direction you don't want it to go. Not clear why any of us should care about that either.
    If you dont care to get better then why are people caring about progression? The game design isnt getting pulled anywhere that from where it is now. Do you think that at Blizzcon they will find a really bad guild to put on stage to be pitted against lvl 30 cows in a field? That is the simplicity you seem to be after but i dont see that ever happening.

You think that blizzard cares about just the money which makes you think that the hardcore players mean less to the game. This is where you are wrong. Do you see where top end guilds are talked about? All over including blizzcon and many other events in the world. Hardcore players stick around playing the game because we like a challenge while casuals will get bored and quit. Better customers with less turnover.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    . She dies on mechanics all too often, and is by far the bottom dps, despite trying her best.
    And how is it obvious thats not her best?

There is ZERO ZERO difference from me to her. I do not have some magical gene inside my DNA that makes me a better raider than her. Anyone can reach and level of skill if they strived to be so.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Regardless of anyones opinions keep this thread rolling. It's pretty hilarious material if you can deal with the busted blood vessels in your brain afterwards.
    I think this is the beginning of casual elitism.
    ''No you're not like us,we're bad,we're the normal ones,you're good you're an outlier,you're irrelevant.The game should adapt to us bads.''

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Actually, I do. Our off tank's wife is a good example of this. She reads guides, asks for help from more experienced players of her class, knows strategies, has a good clean ui and a good computer, but we can't bring her to raids. She dies on mechanics all too often, and is by far the bottom dps, despite trying her best. She's a good friend to everyone in the raid, but we cannot take her to raids if we want to progress. It sucks, especially for her.

These players do exist. And they're human too, and want to do real raiding, just like all of us.
    So if i buy a new game and im not good at it then it should be nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm not confused. Sounds like you are.

When you raid for fun, you aren't competing with other guilds.

Progression means fighting a challenging boss until your group is good enough to down it, then moving to the next boss and over the course of week to months completing the instance.

There are guilds that compete over who's the furthest progressed, but you can progress without competing. The are two different things.
    That went over your head. He is saying you shouldn't expect to progress in Normals by just logging into the game. Pretty much what this entire thread has been going on for over 60 pages about.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    I am sorry, what does your evidence prove except there are less people raiding normals? You are comparing 1.5 million of ppl raiding in WRATH with today where probably 2 000 000 raids LFR. Try and think. Is it possible that some of those 1.5 switched to LFR and they are happy there?
    LFR isn't raiding. It's solo play in a raid instance. They aren't the same thing. If you think that the LFR experience is the same as Normal mode or Heroic modes then I would submit you've never participated in LFR or progression raiding or both.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    But yes, everyone that tries enough should be able to complete NORMAL raidsd, NORMAL, as for NORMAL people, you know, that MDEIUDM difficulty..
    There is a difference between a "normal" player and a "normal" raider
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm not confused. Sounds like you are.

When you raid for fun, you aren't competing with other guilds.

Progression means fighting a challenging boss until your group is good enough to down it, then moving to the next boss and over the course of week to months completing the instance.

There are guilds that compete over who's the furthest progressed, but you can progress without competing. The are two different things.
    Then you are a casual social guild that kills bosses occasionally so difficulty shouldnt matter as you in it for the fun.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    I think this is the beginning of casual elitism.
    ''No you're not like us,we're bad,we're the normal ones,you're good you're an outlier,you're irrelevant.The game should adapt to us bads.''
    people take pride in how terrible they are?

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    But they wont actaully become better players which is the biggest problem of all. Each time bosses are nerfed and they down that boss they feel like they are better players. 30% nerf in DS then Cata hits and the forums are raging with people saying its too hard because they no longer have the 30% nerf carrying them. Nerfs are not productive means to making a better community, they make players feel ten times better than they really are so they never actually improve and fix the various things wrong with their gameplay.
    Thats why I mentioned certain mechanics would remain unchanged. The problem with the 30% nerf in DS was most of the boss abilities in DS were not fatal and when there was a 30% nerf attached to it it became even less fatal. If Stone Guard's bad blowup still did 400k+ damage, or Sha's breath still 1 shot, or Tsulong's dot did fatal amounts of damage around the 20 stacks, or Spirit Kings Flanking Orders/Annihilate still 1 shot or Gara's ghost still could easily overwhelm your raid etc etc mechanics would be the main part of the fight and not gear/dps/hps. Keep the raid/player wiping mechanics in place just reduce the HPS/DPS requirements and you have a way to teach people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    a create a shit ton new problems.
    So now all legit raiders have to go through another tier of raiding before getting to normal?

Blizzard just solve the whole not having actual raiders needing to run LFRs
    Wait what? I have no clue what your talking about. Blizzard wanted there to be a progression path between tier 14 and tier 15 except I don't ever see any pugs running tier 14 as everyone just farms valor gear and does ToT LFR since its better and easier in every way.

What I meant was after 5.3 bump Tier 14 ilvl to 510ish. ToT raiders would've already have a lot of 522+ gear so there isn't really a reason to go back, I know I wouldn't need to go back. Right now players can completely skip that entire tier and all my alts are skipping it and doing current LFR. The current ilvl jump in ToT is incredible, I remember wiping a lot on Horridon the first time we went there, now its a complete and utter joke in full 522+ geared raid.
    Last edited by Raone; 2013-05-11 at 04:30 AM.

And how is it obvious thats not her best?

There is ZERO ZERO difference from me to her. I do not have some magical gene inside my DNA that makes me a better raider than her. Anyone can reach and level of skill if they strived to be so.
    I have a magical gene. Crap that is just a gummi bear

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    So if i buy a new game and im not good at it then it should be nerfed?
    Likewise, you buy a game not to complete it but to TRY to complete it.

That went over your head. He is saying you shouldn't expect to progress in Normals by just logging into the game. Pretty much what this entire thread has been going on for over 60 pages about.
    Nope.

He's said "dont expect to compete with other guilds based solely on you logging into the game". And I said, "When you raid for fun, you aren't competing with other guilds."

No one is saying " I should be competitive with other guilds by virtue of knowing my login password". The guilds that want to progress for fun aren't trying to be competitive.

Not if you talk about the very top content, heroic raids. But yes, everyone that tries enough should be able to complete NORMAL raidsd, NORMAL, as for NORMAL people, you know, that MDEIUDM difficulty.

You are basically saying that if you can log into the game you should be able to down normal modes. No entitlement there, you must really miss Wrath.

Do you know what that is P R I D E? It's something people usually take in their hobbies especially social ones.
    The problem is that for bad players its not a social game. The things available to them have zero social interaction or sense of progression. They have no opportunity to take pride in their hobby.

Unlike a lot of people here I'm not asking for a new raid mode. I'm asking for a different difficulty curve. Honestly, the curve presented in Wrath worked very well. I know that when I was new, but managed to kill 6 bosses in ICC 25 I was happy and proud. And I wanted more, and wanted to become a better player. It was great, and I eventually did become a better player.

The problem is they don't try.

Likewise, you buy a game not to complete it but to TRY to complete it.
    yes for the challenge which is why you ask your friends if the game is any good. They say hell yes, its so damn hard but fun and you buy it. Or they say no its boring i beat it in 2 days and you dont buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    What if I wanted 5 mans that were harder than the current ones, but not as difficult as challenge modes?

What would the answer to that be?
    They gave you the answer in cata. It drove millons of people away.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    What I meant was after 5.3 bump Tier 14 ilvl to 510ish.
    Why?
    Normal Throne is tuned for people in 489-496 gear
    Throne LFR drops 502