Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You can see they have put alot off work into Rome 2, cant wait to conquer the world

Some things though, the romans fly ridiculous high when the chariot hit's them, instead off flying backwards they fly high into the air looks bad. The unit cards look wierd and will get some time to get used to, other then that it looks great.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-06-13 at 01:27 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I've so far assumed those cards are just placeholders. I really hope they are, they look extremely ugly.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    I've so far assumed those cards are just placeholders. I really hope they are, they look extremely ugly.
    Yeah lets hope they are placeholders.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    the romans fly ridiculous high when the chariot hit's them, instead off flying backwards they fly high into the air looks bad.
    i think that was always kind of a problem with total war. unless there is an actual explosion (which is really only possible in empire and fall of the samurai) units shouldn't fly nearly as high into the air when hit by a strong charge.
    heck, in shogun 2 units were thrown in all directions when the wooden battlements of a castle reached 100% damage - even if it was simply burning down or hit by a single, iron cannon ball.

Not buying it untill I see the campain map fully.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Not buying it untill I see the campain map fully.
    00:14 on the video up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that video looks great.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure i like the addition of capture points in field battles. i can see what they are trying to do and i think they can be a great addition to the (often rather lame) siege battles, but i really think there's enough tactical depth and variety in 'normal' land battles without arbitrary victory conditions or the like.

although maybe they are just part of preset historical battles with specific environments, units, positions, goals, etc.

I like what I see a lot. It's refreshing seeing extended gameplay when they're advertising a game, right?

Also what were they saying about our custom family member?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    not sure i like the addition of capture points in field battles. i can see what they are trying to do and i think they can be a great addition to the (often rather lame) siege battles, but i really think there's enough tactical depth and variety in 'normal' land battles without arbitrary victory conditions or the like.

although maybe they are just part of preset historical battles with specific environments, units, positions, goals, etc.
    Personally I see the capture points as a sort of crutch for the ai. To help its keep its priorities straight maybe. Will have to see how they actually work in game. If they suck, hopefully we can mod them out.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Personally I see the capture points as a sort of crutch for the ai. To help its keep its priorities straight maybe.
    possible, but they might just as well end up actually creating additional problems for the ai. like sending units pretty much straight to their deaths against a much greater force in an attempt to protect or capture them, or losing battles due to not properly focusing on capturing and protecting them at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    they should have in the Spartacus clan(for lack of a better word).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    they should have in the Spartacus clan(for lack of a better word).
    "spartacus clan"? i don't even know what you mean by that
    are you talking about a playable faction?

ill probably get it, i used to play shogun 1 all the damn time when i was a kid. I bought shogun 2 for 7.50 the other month on steam, havent tried it out though.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 02:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    "spartacus clan"? i don't even know what you mean by that
    are you talking about a playable faction?
    yes he is, they are basically rebels of rome

Deleted
    I have a rule of thump. If the game ain't complet, i ain't paying full prise for it. If there is preorder bonus that is not time exlusived, or just visual changes, then i take it as DLC. and so i ain't paying full prise. If wont do it for Mass effect, i wont do it for Rome II :total war, i just get it to chirsmas, will probaly be 25-33 % off

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I have a rule of thump. If the game ain't complet, i ain't paying full prise for it. If there is preorder bonus that is not time exlusived, or just visual changes, then i take it as DLC. and so i ain't paying full prise. If wont do it for Mass effect, i wont do it for Rome II :total war, i just get it to chirsmas, will probaly be 25-33 % off
    Ok, good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Ok, good for you.
    he's either drunk or English isn't his first language

also i think im going to preorder this
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    he's either drunk or English isn't his first language
    Mine isnt either, still I dont go around slamming my head on keyboard.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-06-14 at 07:09 AM.

Have they done away with the amount the game can be modded, cos tbh fan mods were only reason I played their last few games and the main reason I still play Medieval II and original Rome