Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    TW: Atilla would probably be superior to Rome 2 if you consider that Rome 2 was some type of Beta and brainstorming ship for the Creative Assembly staff, they have tried to reduce some concepts to make it more accesible to more gamers but it didn´t quite hit the mark. In the end they have fixed a lot of main problems that surrounded the game like the civil wars and sieges and it´s really playable in it´s current state and will make you play a lot of hours. The thing is that Atilla is aimed for the tradicional costumer of the TW franchise by adding family trees (wich was/is very aclaimed), making more dynamic fights, improving the campaing map and giving that feeling that gave Rome 1 barabariam invasion.

I´ll personally buy it on release like all total war games, will give all the feedback I can give and I´ll start modding it for the community. Wich is what I love, and maybe (MAYBE!) some people make a third age of TW: Atilla becouse it has a lot of potencial if they release all the things they said they are going to put in this "standalone expansion"

And here I was holding out hope this would be the Warhammer Fantasy game they were working on, c'est la vie

I used to play all TW games... Rome was amazing. But now Crusader Kings II has taken TWs place for grand strategy games in my heart.
    I guess empires and game franchises rise and fall; before R:TW that place was occupied by Lords of the Realm II.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    And here I was holding out hope this would be the Warhammer Fantasy game they were working on, c'est la vie
    They should work on a new Warhammer Fantasy serie, maby a diffrent team or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm finally trying R2 again and it is better now than it was at launch. Of course you would probably have had to replace the entire staff with monkeys going through nicotine withdrawals for R2 to have not gotten at least somewhat better by now. Still feels like its missing a lot that Shogun 2 had, like actual family trees, online avatars, etc...

I'm expecting Atilla to bring back some of what they were monumentally stupid enough to leave out of R2. However, for some folks like me who had been buying CA games at launch and even scheduling their upgrades around them? R2 reduced CA to the bargain bin and Atilla would have to be the second coming of sid meyer to change that.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

It took them a year to get Rome 2 into a somewhat playable game, what makes them think I would even consider picking up Attila remotely close to launch? Heck, I don't even plan on looking at their Alien game until next fall. Rome 2 is nothing more than a modern Outpost.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The enemy seige AI has finally been fixed. No more using the ladders once per game and then leaving them entirely. Unfortunately this also brings into light the utter bugginess of moving troops onto walls that has been in since release, but wasn't a major issue, since at most you'd have 4 enemy units on the walls. The campaign AI is slightly more aggressive, and they've had a lot of econ nerfs accross the board, to make it so that barbarian factions weren't just steamrolling everything with 4 20 stacks at turn 10.
    Is it really fixed? The last time I played that bug where all defender's units would just stay in plaza forever and let my archers kill them all was still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Is it really fixed? The last time I played that bug where all defender's units would just stay in plaza forever and let my archers kill them all was still there.
    Was that after the Imperator update?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wow...

Not impressed.
    It'll be a cold day in Japanese Hell, when & if CA impresses me again.

I have Rome 2 and the DLC... It's fun, playable, it can and will give you some fun gameplay at times.

But by no means, can it even try to compare the AWESOME time I had, playing Shogun 2. My god that was a good game, still is!

I got excited when I heard about Rome 2 when the news first hit. I thought, "Sweeet! They're going to top Shogun 2, and it's going to be all Roman-esk, Cool!
    I was sadly mistaken. Again, while it IS and can be a decent game in it's own right. I remain a LOYAL to the Daimyo!

I don't really expect or think CA will end up back at it's former glory, I do however, hope.

I will probably give Atilla a go too... Have to see, right?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Was that after the Imperator update?
    No, I didn't have time to play after the last patch yet. It was after the patch before that, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    No, I didn't have time to play after the last patch yet. It was after the patch before that, though.
    The AI has not been a disaster in sieges after this latest patch for me yet. However, the AI not being completely fucking moronic in sieges now lets the game's pathing problems bask on the beach like a rotting sperm whale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm a fan of the Byz so I would be lying if I claimed I wasn't interested. However, Rome II was so shockingly bad that there is no way that they are getting a preorder or launch purchase out of me. Will wait for the reviews and a sale on steam before even considering it.
    Same, Been a loyal fan since Medieval 1 , but rome II was just such a hard pill to swallow, I did get some enjoyment out of it but for a total war game I really should not have had to try as hard as i did to enjoy it.

I'm curious and I hope its good, but not holding my breath.

Deleted
    hopefuly its good, i would rather a different time period though, and from what i have seen, its basically the same campaign map as rome 2, and the footage so far looks a lot like rome 2, anyway i won't be buying on release this time, will wait to see if its buggy again.

i actually like rome 2, so i don't mind it being similar if it can ship with a better AI and a few other bits fixed. but i do prefer the campaign style of rome 2 over the previous games. i just prefer the battles from previous games to rome 2 :x

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really wish this was just a expansion for Rome II not a standalone. Whatever though I will still buy it and still play the living shit out of them I have 75 hours in Rome II, 102 hours in Shogun 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i actually like rome 2, so i don't mind it being similar if it can ship with a better AI and a few other bits fixed. but i do prefer the campaign style of rome 2 over the previous games. i just prefer the battles from previous games to rome 2 :x
    Same, with the upgrades in Imperator, I think the campaign map/building is near perfect, but I can understand thats its not to some peoples tastes. The only things they'd have to do to make Rome better for me now is sorting out politics, giving all factions the ability to raid without taking the city and some more tweaking to the morale systems to get it perfected. I don't get why everyone goes on about the Family Tree, when its been slowly being phased out since Empire. It barely existed in Shogun 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    i gave the game another chance about a month ago, and with heavy modding i feel like i finally got something for my money. there were still lots of things that annoyed the crap out of me, but also many very enjoyable moments and hours. it was still nowhere near as good as S2 imo, but worth playing for some total war variety after the hundreds of hours i played s2^^

i haven't tried the new patch yet, mainly because i relied so much on mods. i read the full patch notes and liked most of what i saw, but there are still way too many unresolved issues for me to consider playing without stuff like radious' mods and additional units (particularly high tier assault ships, which seem to be present for an incredible number of two factions in vanilla).
    so i'll have to wait some time until the mods are updated to the newest patch until i give it another try.

as for Attila.. well, it probably can't get any worse than it was, right?^^
    don't think i'll be buying it though, i reeeeaaaally don't feel like giving CA any more money for this game than i already did..

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    as for Attila.. well, it probably can't get any worse than it was, right?^^
    Rule #1: Don't ever say that about an entry in a series.

Chelly
    Yeah, they could end up forgetting to add the enemy at all in the campaign map, so it's only you alone in one big empty world.

10+ Year Old Account
    ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Yeah, they could end up forgetting to add the enemy at all in the campaign map, so it's only you alone in one big empty world.
    y'know, that would actually get rid of quite a few of the problems the game's got.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall thinking that when they announced Rome II. Boy was I wrong.