Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    You have pre-ordered with us and will thus receive your download links and activation key by email from 03/09/2013 12:00 AM British Time.

This was the mail when I purchased the game..
    So you prepurchased it through GreenManGaming? If so then check your inbox for a key to enter at Steam.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Loaded and ready to go. So close
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    God dammit, I've been hyped waiting for this for over a year now since that first live action trailer and I can't get it for a few weeks until my uni loan. Same with GTA as well. Hopefully it can run well on my PC, always loved playing Rome.

Still waiting for my code, why, why, why?! I need it, and I need it nooow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Only just noticed in the Teutenburg forrest video that when he went into unit cam mode while the romans were advancing in testudo, the arrows were actually bouncing from their shields, struck me as a really nice detail that added that much more realism to the situation, love the attention to detail they're putting into this, everything from stuff like that to the voice acting going into the game, even while in battle.
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2013-08-29 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Only just noticed in the Teutenburg forrest video that when he went into unit cam mode while the romans were advancing in testudo, the arrows were actually bouncing from their shields, struck me as a really nice detail that added that much more realism to the situation, love the attention to detail they're putting into this, everything from stuff like that to the voice acting going into the game, even while in battle.
    on the HoC video theres a bit where a soldier has a spear stuck in his bottom, the guy tries like 3 times to stand up, pretty funny, i admired the detail.
    i do love the unit cam though, i know im going to lose a few battles because of that

i already do it in rome1/medieval, zoom in to watch the action, don't notice by achers have just been destroyed by cavalry
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    on the HoC video theres a bit where a soldier has a spear stuck in his bottom, the guy tries like 3 times to stand up, pretty funny, i admired the detail.
    i do love the unit cam though, i know im going to lose a few battles because of that

i already do it in rome1/medieval, zoom in to watch the action, don't notice by achers have just been destroyed by cavalry
    Haha, I definitely did the same on shogun 2, the incredibly detailed fights the samurai have with each other almost demand to be watched, sucks when you just finish watching 2 guys in an epic battle only to realise half of your line is wavering and routing.
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2013-08-29 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Haha, I definately did the same on shogun 2, the incredibly detailed fights the samurai have with eachother almost demand to be watched, sucks when you just finish watching 2 guys in an epic battle only to realise half of your line is wavering and routing.
    its why this game needs dual screen support, main battle on one screen, the overhead on the second! so even if i am zoomed in i can see whats happening!
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    its why this game needs dual screen support, main battle on one screen, the overhead on the second! so even if i am zoomed in i can see whats happening!
    And crush your GPU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    And crush your GPU

That's fine, my gpu can be replaced, my archers cannot!
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    And crush your GPU
    I had to put in my 4-year old one since my newest has fan problems. It's going to be an absolute massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So you prepurchased it through GreenManGaming? If so then check your inbox for a key to enter at Steam.
    Nope, I purchased the game directly through their website, sega.gamesplanet :/

I don't know... the whole "HI!1!!1!1!!!1 GET OUR FREE DLC TO ACTUALLY PLAY WHAT WAS IN ROME 1" is just so bad of a policy. Having played Total Realism, I highly doubt that I will enjoy Rome 2 with its few and scarce cities and un-realistic units.

Meh. While I want to get it, something holds me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I don't know... the whole "HI!1!!1!1!!!1 GET OUR FREE DLC TO ACTUALLY PLAY WHAT WAS IN ROME 1" is just so bad of a policy. Having played Total Realism, I highly doubt that I will enjoy Rome 2 with its few and scarce cities and un-realistic units.

Well, I managed to get it cheap on GMG back in May when one of the vouchers worked for it. Getting "free" stuff while saving money is a favourite of mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

Really?

You think they just copied assets over from Rome I and slapped a price tag on them?

Don't be fucking absurd. Have you even been paying the slightest bit of attention to what they're doing with all the factions in Rome II?

There are no more cut / paste unit lists, the factions work differently and their units are different, distinctly, from one another. I'm not going to waste time repeating myself in regards to the DLC, because I gave a pretty detailed answer further back in the thread, but to claim that they're just making people pay "For what was in Rome I" is incredibly ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Nope, I purchased the game directly through their website, sega.gamesplanet :/
    Well if you prepurchased then you might want to send an email asking where your key is. Since Steam is allowing preloads and other vendors like GMG are send keys out now.

- - - Updated - - -

Its up!

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post624394

And CA has some video rules.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...meplay-Footage

- - - Updated - - -

Huge pic of the tech tree. Keep scrolling to the right. There's more over there.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Tech_Tree_Panoramic

Hello,

we can confirm that you will receive your key within the next couple of hours, due to a technical fail your key failed to be dispatched.

We apologise for the inconvenience which we may have caused.

Best Regards,
    Luke

Yea I sent the mail this morning as soon as I saw you guys all recieved it, they're fast.

@ the tech tree, seems kinda dull to be honest, but maybe it's not the final format.

10+ Year Old Account
    i heard we can rename armies is that correct?

can you rename generals too in the campaign? that would be cool.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    i heard we can rename armies is that correct?

can you rename generals too in the campaign? that would be cool.
    Yep, and fleets too.

My armies shall be called the Naughteus Maxipadi and my fleets shall terrorize the seven seas as the Rearus Piraticus!

Not sure on the generals. If we can there will be a proud line of Biggus Dickus throwing their wenemies to the fhoor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yep, and fleets too.

My armies shall be called the Naughteus Maxipadi and my fleets shall terrorize the seven seas as the Rearus Piraticus!

Not sure on the generals. If we can there will be a proud line of Biggus Dickus throwing their wenemies to the fhoor!
    haha, biggus dickus is why i ask :P

i planed to name my main general that :P

dragonmaw - EU