Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As soon as the download ended, I wanted to press Play sooo bad... but no go

Deleted
    Its a nice game

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    wow is that normal?
    Last edited by theturn; 2013-08-31 at 01:09 AM.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    wow is that normal?
    Pretty normal in the current day and age. Sega and CA don't want to be sued because you cussed in your Total War video, and if you have a monetized channel you would technically be making money off of their copyrighted material, so that's pretty standard too.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Two days off and off early on the 2nd for the 12:01 launch.. Sooo excited for this game

Yep, and fleets too.

My armies shall be called the Naughteus Maxipadi and my fleets shall terrorize the seven seas as the Rearus Piraticus!

Not sure on the generals. If we can there will be a proud line of Biggus Dickus throwing their wenemies to the fhoor!
    . General william wallace will terrorize the seas on the SS braveheart

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if the multi-player will be like it was in Rome 1 or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Does anyone know if the multi-player will be like it was in Rome 1 or not?
    depends on what you mean by "like in rome 1".

the multiplayer game mode that was in rome 1, aka simply skirmish battles against other players and/or ai, has been in every total war game since. there was nothing more to it, if i remember correctly.

since shogun 2 there is also the option to play a complete campaign either in co-op or against another player, with different options to chose from on how to play battles against the ai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    depends on what you mean by "like in rome 1".

the multiplayer game mode that was in rome 1, aka simply skirmish battles against other players and/or ai, has been in every total war game since. there was nothing more to it, if i remember correctly.

since shogun 2 there is also the option to play a complete campaign either in co-op or against another player, with different options to chose from on how to play battles against the ai.
    Thanks you! I've only ever played rome 1 and I really enjoyed it still. This just seals the deal for me.

Which was supposed to have been in Empire which was why I got that game at launch in the first place. Bloody waste of money... -.-

So you can play a campaign against another player? how does that even work with the End turns?

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    So you can play a campaign against another player? how does that even work with the End turns?
    If it works like the Empire co-op campaign that never left beta, the turn ends when both players press their button.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must admit to being rather impressed with how "all out" CA is going this time.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...munity-Support

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_To_Play

Seriously, they've already got minivid how to's up.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If it works like the Empire co-op campaign that never left beta, the turn ends when both players press their button.
    Each player gets there own turn. Like in Single Player when you see the AI take each turn, you just see someone take a longer turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Thanks you!
    you're welcome :D

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    yep, you can. and it works pretty well, actually.

technically, the two players take turns after each other, just like it's the case with all ai factions. but keep in mind, almost everything you do on the campaign map in total war takes several turns anyway. and any army/navy can be ordered to go anywhere, even if it is already out of movement points for the current round.

as such, it is really easy to let the player that is not in his/her current turn still control and manage anything they could usually do during their own turn, only with the simple difference that everything acts as if the player had already used their turn to move armies, build stuff, etc.
    if it's the turn of player A, the army movement orders of player B will simply be indicated by the usual colored line, and then executed automatically at the end of B's turn. likewise, if B orders the construction of a building during A's turn, the actual construction will simply automatically start at B's next turn.

i feel like i'm kinda bad at explaining it.. it's a really simple concept and works pretty well. 90% of anything done on the campaign map can be done by both players simultaneously, without compromising the traditional faction-after-faction turn system. it's the same for co-op, of course. there is also the option to set a time limit for each turn, at the start of the campaign.

the difference between co-op and vs on the campaign map is simply that in co-op both players are permanently allied, whereas in "vs" they can conduct diplomacy like with any ai faction, including switching between alliance and war (i think).

the important difference is in battles against the ai: in both modes the other player can just spectate if they prefer, but in vs the opposing player has the choice of taking over the ai army (since they'd usually have an interest in the ai army doing well) whereas in co-op the 'main' player has the option to put some units under the command of the other player (i played a bit co-op with a friend, and usually the 2nd player would control general and cavalry, while the main force remained under the 1st player's control).

It's really annoying knowing that this game is on my PC right now and there is nothing I can do to play it.

I think FedEx tried to deliver my CE today...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I think FedEx tried to deliver my CE today...
    some people got theres, few pics on reddit showing up of people of got it
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    some people got theres, few pics on reddit showing up of people of got it
    Then yup, that was Mr. FedEx guy while I was away at class...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/a/uwfOI

an album of collectors edition box.
    dragonmaw - EU