10+ Year Old Account

Gear discrepancy between PvP and PvE

Let me start off by saying, i still LOVE to play WoW. I am a PvP oriented player, obviously not super great at it since my current ratings are mostly in the 1700 ballpark, but I have been playing since Vanilla, and i'm worried about where we're headed:

I understand all the balancing of PvP Power and Resilience with the intent to keep PvP gear and PvE gear relatively balanced in World PvP situations, as well as the normalized scaling of gear inside PvP instances to remove any advantages PvE gear may give.

What i just can't understand is how PvP players are supposed to keep up when new content patches come out. With new quest hubs, dailies, etc, how can PvPers who will now have items levels up to 40 points lower be expected to conquer the content as well? It just doesn't make sense to me the way things are headed. Each season the item level gap between PvE and PvP grows larger. Aside from the fact that its just depressing to see your BiS PvP character at an item level sub-500, while your LFR/Valor geared alts are now pushing 510 ilevel, it's just plain not fair when trying to tackle questing content. The amount of primary stats PvP players are losing in this situation is getting out of hand. Is this your intention?

It seems to be the best solution would be to get item levels between PvE and PvP back in line with each other and bring back Resilience to the gear, and not a blanket 65%; and get rid of PvP Power all together. It seems to be causing nothing but a balancing nightmare.

How bad does the gear gap have to get before PvP players can't keep up with their dailies? Having the best Conquest gear you can possibly get, and watching PvE players run around and one shot everything while you need to go full-rotation to kill mobs? Next season, at the current rate of ilvl growth, the gap may be 60 ilevels.

Anyways, just a thought i've been having. Curious to see if anyone agrees at all.

ToT questing is more than doable at 470, let alone anything higher. Isn't pvp gear 496 or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    ToT questing is more than doable at 470, let alone anything higher. Isn't pvp gear 496 or something?
    Yes, i'm not saying it isnt possible, just that its becoming much less fair.

BiS gear should not have a 50 item level difference.

There is no doubt in my mind a full conquest PVP'er will be at a disadvantage against a full valor geared PVE'er in world PVP. I am not talking about a scuffle in Hellsfire Penn or Blasted Lands, world PVP is imbalanced in the first place. I am talking about doing dailes in Isle of Thunder or Rep grinds in Pandaria, PVP'ers will be at a huge disadvantage, so why bother doing dailies? Taking resilience off of gear is the dumbest most retarded and idiotic move Blizzard will make and they've exhibited flashes of stupidity in the past, but this will take the cake. Of course, they've done some brilliant things too which is why people hold them to a higher standard in the first place.

I agree with your point and to some extent your solution. The bottom line is, it is time for Blizzard retool the talents and/or specs into something respectable and separate PVE specs/talents from PVP specs/talents. Although the process may be difficult as well as complex, it will balance the game in the long run.
    Last edited by Luxeley; 2013-05-09 at 07:53 PM.