Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So if they want to make hubub about cover up and talking points, go right ahead. If this is 10 times worse than Watergate and Iran-Contra combined. Well, like OP already has said there has been quite a few intelligence/miltary failures the past 30 plus years.
    What is there in the realm of possibility, that could possibly make this anything remotely like watergate or Iran contra? Iran contra and watergate, were far more than a military or intelligence failures.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    What is there in the realm of possibility, that could possibly make this anything remotely like watergate or Iran contra? Iran contra and watergate, were far more than a military or intelligence failures.
    Well, in Mike Huckabee's world, this is worse than Watergate.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ice-90964.html
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    If you have to keep GOP from going nuts, it clouds the issue at hand.
    The issue is that the administration lied about what happened when 4 people were killed, and then actively covered up the lie to protect their own interests. It is an abuse of power of the highest order. Yeah - that deserves going nuts over.

What in this justifies being compared to lying under oath and going behind congress to sell arms to militants?
    People who whine about comparisons have lost the debate. "Uh - well I can't refute your points so instead I'll avoid the issue and just attack your comparisions. Yup. I've got nothing. But since I don't want to look totally stupid I'll wave a rhetorical magic wand and create an impossible moving target by saying your comparison don't happen to meet my unattainable, shifting, mercurial, personal definitions of what is and isn't valid."

The problem is going 'nuts' being an expectation regardless of what happened.
    What happened was 4 people died due to gross incompetence and negligence. That deserves going nuts over. And yeah, lying about it and trying to cover it all up deserves people being fired for and banned from public office for life over. Did Nixon teach nothing? The cover up was worse than the crime and earned radical leftist legend status for decades as the epitome of how the public should deal with government lies and abuse of power. Oh - except when a liberal is in one who might take the hit. Then it is just "the GOP going nuts and clouding the issue". Disgusting.

What exactly is there to punish the administration that is worth this much time
    Scooter Libby. What was there to that worth wasting as much time as was wasted on that investigation? So when government is incompetent & causes people harm - EVERYONE should just shrug and let it slide, right? Speaking truth to power. What a waste of time. :P

You know this was a statement made by Rep. Steve King of Iowa. If this is true I would hate to see what ignoring memo about Bin Laden is in terms of his opinion.

Rep. Steve King, Iowa Republican, said Wednesday that the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, is 10 times bigger than the Watergate and Iran-Contra scandals put together.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...#ixzz2Sv38So8x
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

this should make even liberals nuts.. crap was scrubbed 12 times and the email from victoria saying this..

From the report:

State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland raised specific objections to this paragraph drafted by the CIA in its earlier versions of the talking points:

“The Agency has produced numerous pieces on the threat of extremists linked to al-Qa’ida in Benghazi and eastern Libya. These noted that, since April, there have been at least five other attacks against foreign interests in Benghazi by unidentified assailants, including the June attack against the British Ambassador’s convoy. We cannot rule out the individuals has previously surveilled the U.S. facilities, also contributing to the efficacy of the attacks.”

In an email to officials at the White House and the intelligence agencies, State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland took issue with including that information because it “could be abused by members [of Congress] to beat up the State Department for not paying attention to warnings, so why would we want to feed that either? Concerned …”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...or-references/

umm.. yeah, cover up to blame a video to not offend muslims.. i <3 political correctness.. makes the world a much better place... /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by sorix View Post
    this should make even liberals nuts.. crap was scrubbed 12 times and the email from victoria saying this..

From the report:

State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland raised specific objections to this paragraph drafted by the CIA in its earlier versions of the talking points:

“The Agency has produced numerous pieces on the threat of extremists linked to al-Qa’ida in Benghazi and eastern Libya. These noted that, since April, there have been at least five other attacks against foreign interests in Benghazi by unidentified assailants, including the June attack against the British Ambassador’s convoy. We cannot rule out the individuals has previously surveilled the U.S. facilities, also contributing to the efficacy of the attacks.”

In an email to officials at the White House and the intelligence agencies, State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland took issue with including that information because it “could be abused by members [of Congress] to beat up the State Department for not paying attention to warnings, so why would we want to feed that either? Concerned …”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...or-references/

umm.. yeah, cover up to blame a video to not offend muslims.. i <3 political correctness.. makes the world a much better place... /sarcasm

Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US
    . I know cover ups and ignoring intelligence and not paying attention to warnings!!! 4 people compared to 2,997 people is far more tragic, I agree. The Monday Morning Quarterbacking of Benghazi and 911 is pointless. There was failures on both, but sad to say to prevent everything that happens in this world is nearly impossible.

Yes, I agree they covered up about what the attack was from terrorist because hey close to election and they did not want to show that we were attacked by terrorists. If you are mad about that, fine. I can't change your vitriol toward Obama and honestly nothing short of Obama himself parachuting in and killing all the terrorists would make you happy.

So I agree with you that they covered up...if you had the last say what do you think should be done?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I am praying that all these fuckers that are against soldiers and the military get drafted vietnam style, see how big their balls are then.
    Or better yet and more practical, our nation is invaded in a big way and those bastards are left to fend for themselves.

Realistically, the Vietnam draft was a huge flop, and those cowards fled to Canada. That explains why we have so many cowards and mouth-breathers today.

I'm sticking with my previous suggestion of just having the US invaded, we see who is a turncoat and a coward much easier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    This is nothing new for Obama's administration, but 4 people died at this thing and it stinks that they are playing politics over it.
    As Jon Stewart points out, during the Bush year, 54 embassies were attacked and 13 ppl died.
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/collecti...enghazi/426146

Now i bet you cant even name 1 of them or how they died. Im not american so idc that much, but what some of you choose to be upset over (or not) is really pathetic. Its like a giant salad bar. Pick and choose. At least be consistent if youre gonna be outraged at the death of americans.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter. People died. There was a cover up. People lied. You can't hold 9/11 as the standard and say "hey it wasn't this bad, so it doesn't matter". Point is things were mishandled and there was a coverup. I'm not calling for punishment. I don't know what to do about it as far as punishment. All I know is that people died out of things being mishandled and then politics played a role in covering up the truth.

The op has a reasonable response to this and I appreciate that. My two cents is that this whole thing is hypocritical. 4 people died but we still let the sequester slash security budgets for our oversees diplomats. 4 people and we need a 6 month long investigation to see if the ambassador to the UN may have said something stupid. 30 Americans, most of them children, are murdered in an elementary school by a single psychopath and we haven't done a god damned thing about that. Oh well, if only that guy was Muslim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    It doesn't matter. People died. There was a cover up.
    But we've seen no real evidence of this. What we have seen is the talking heads on Fox ranting about how this is a bigger deal then Watergate + Iran Contra * 10 and how we should all be angry, but with nothing to present that makes me think it's much more then hyperbol.

They are in effect, declaring that the sky has fallen and the wolves are eating the sheep, but the evidence does not back it up so I for one tune out the noise they are making and move on.

There may very well be shameful things that happened, but with the massive overstatements being made I dont think people will be able to find the truth under the piles of BS.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Americans have the responsiblity to demand accountability from our politicans for their decisions that result in the loss of life of our public servants.

As a SGT in the U.S. Army if I make a bad decision that results in my soldiers lossing their lives, id be held accountable, and rightly so. So should our politicans.

And as a sergeant in the U.S. Army, you would not be held accountable for things outside of your immediate control. Or are you doing witch hunts for every U.S. soldier who dies, with the express goal of spilling blood in the water? As for her "covering things up," please, are you going to sit there and tell me that not once, not ever, you have been given incorrect information to work off of? Kind of ironic, considering that the U.S. army spent a few months if not years siding with the wrong factions in Iraq before they got their intelligence straightened out.

Oh, and while you might not be the one personally pressing the issue, it is incredibly hypocritical for a number of people to turn a blind eye to the lack of information during the Bush administration, and attack the current administration over what amounts to the same error.

Republicans are going to have to pace themselves if they want to drag this out till 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is that the administration lied about what happened when 4 people were killed, and then actively covered up the lie to protect their own interests. It is an abuse of power of the highest order. Yeah - that deserves going nuts over.
    What was the lie? Give me the quote that was a lie...

People who whine about comparisons have lost the debate. "Uh - well I can't refute your points so instead I'll avoid the issue and just attack your comparisions. Yup. I've got nothing. But since I don't want to look totally stupid I'll wave a rhetorical magic wand and create an impossible moving target by saying your comparison don't happen to meet my unattainable, shifting, mercurial, personal definitions of what is and isn't valid."
    You are the one that is whining about the comparison not being made. I am asking what justifies the comparison for it to be made.

What happened was 4 people died due to gross incompetence and negligence. That deserves going nuts over. And yeah, lying about it and trying to cover it all up deserves people being fired for and banned from public office for life over. Did Nixon teach nothing? The cover up was worse than the crime and earned radical leftist legend status for decades as the epitome of how the public should deal with government lies and abuse of power. Oh - except when a liberal is in one who might take the hit. Then it is just "the GOP going nuts and clouding the issue". Disgusting.
    Nixon illegally wiretapped people in his office, in my opinion the cover up does not match illegally taping people. Who's gross incompetence? Who needs to be fired?

Scooter Libby. What was there to that worth wasting as much time as was wasted on that investigation? So when government is incompetent & causes people harm - EVERYONE should just shrug and let it slide, right? Speaking truth to power. What a waste of time. :P
    What do you think Scooter Libby do?

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    Republicans are going to have to pace themselves if they want to drag this out till 2016
    Judging by how well it did for them during elections, I'm sure they will continue to shoot them selfs in the foot longer.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    As Jon Stewart points out, during the Bush year, 54 embassies were attacked and 13 ppl died.
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/collecti...enghazi/426146

Now i bet you cant even name 1 of them or how they died. Im not american so idc that much, but what some of you choose to be upset over (or not) is really pathetic. Its like a giant salad bar. Pick and choose. At least be consistent if youre gonna be outraged at the death of americans.
    It's because it's all they got. What's embarrasing is that it's all CONJECTURE and MAYBE... there's not a single shred of evidence. All the conservatives are saying is "IF this is true...". Nothing has been confirmed at all... ever... and they're acting like the Mayan's prophesied it and its coming true!!

IMO - it just shows how awesomely desperate the Republicateapartarians are getting these days.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 12:04 AM ----------

Nixon illegally wiretapped people in his office, in my opinion the cover up does not match illegally taping people. Who's gross incompetence? Who needs to be fired?
    Riddler: "Shit... hey Rush, who do you want to be fired?"
    /listens to phone
    Riddler: "Thanks!"
    Riddler: Feyla - it's Hillary's fault!!!
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-05-11 at 12:05 AM.

Just thought I'd share this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

Just thought I'd share this.
    Already donated the maximum I'm willing to give. $0.
    I feel good about myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But we've seen no real evidence of this. What we have seen is the talking heads on Fox ranting about how this is a bigger deal then Watergate + Iran Contra * 10 and how we should all be angry, but with nothing to present that makes me think it's much more then hyperbol.

They are in effect, declaring that the sky has fallen and the wolves are eating the sheep, but the evidence does not back it up so I for one tune out the noise they are making and move on.

There may very well be shameful things that happened, but with the massive overstatements being made I dont think people will be able to find the truth under the piles of BS.
    It's more than just the talking heads on FoxNews. I'm guessing you didn't see any of the WH press briefing today?

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 07:45 PM ----------

What was the lie? Give me the quote that was a lie....
    Jay Carney said this today. The only edit made by the White House or the State Department to those talking points generated by the CIA was a change from was referring to the facility that was attacked in Benghazi from “consulate” to “diplomatic post.”

I don't see how anyone could think that's true.

Rats scrambling on a sinking ship. James carney was a hoot today. Seeing the left leaning media drilling carney was really delicious to watch.