Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Why does it matter?

Because I want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then don't be narrow on who. Either way the US didn't cause our own people's deaths. Terrorists did that.
    I'm in the military, I have soldiers directly under my authority. I've been in situations where my actions, decisions, and/or inactions would directly affect my soldies lives.

I'm held accountable for my decisions, for better or for worse. If I was under attack and just sat on my hands while my soldiers were being killed, id be held liable for that. I couldn't just say "i didn't kill them the insurgents did!"

I want our higher ups to be held to that same standard of acountability if through inaction, get our public servants killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I just want one simple question answered: Why, even when the Libyan President himself said it was a premeditated attack, did the US ambassador to the UN insist it was a spontaneous attack that arose from protests outside of the embassy?

Here's the timeline: http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/
    because the real cause of the attack is US special forces running around Libya tracking down weapons stashes and assassinating the heads of these militias

don’t want that getting out

Why does it matter?
    It matters because someone lied to the American people to try and cover up the fact terrorists are still a threat to the U.S. when Obama has made a big portion of his 2012 campaign about being the one who defeated terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    I know anti-obama rhetoric is irrational and nonsensical. But sit back and think about.

Consolate attacked.

Obama. "Fuck those 4 people that died. I have a campaign to run and we can't have this distraction." Lets say it was over the anti-Islam video on the sunday talk shows. Hillary will fake a head embolism so she can't take responsibility. We can't let everyone know the only help was in Tripoli in the form of guards with only 9mm side arms. They won't get there in time. And they can't scramble jet from Italy because there was no air refueling in place. Lets go with that story.

The takeaways from this is that there are murderous Islamists fucks all over the middle east and that we should have US combat ready soldiers wherever there are US interests. We cant rely on local indigenous security. Lesson learned, Move on.
    Have you thought about running for public office.

You appear to be using more common sense than our current politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Because I want to know.
    That's not why it matters, thats why you care.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    It matters because someone lied to the American people to try and cover up the fact terrorists are still a threat to the U.S. when Obama has made a big portion of his 2012 campaign about being the one who defeated terrorism.
    A) You think people thought terrorism was no longer a thing?

B) Find me a clip of Obama saying he defeated terrorism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm in the military, I have soldiers directly under my authority. I've been in situations where my actions, decisions, and/or inactions would directly affect my soldies lives.

I'm held accountable for my decisions, for better or for worse. If I was under attack and just sat on my hands while my soldiers were being killed, id be held liable for that. I couldn't just say "i didn't kill them the insurgents did!"

I want our higher ups to be held to that same standard of acountability if through inaction, get our public servants killed.
    A delayed decision is often more deadly than no decision at all.

Aside from some dick waving about OBL, foreign policy was almost non-existent in the last election.

The SEALS on the ground were lazering targets. That means people knew they were under attack as the US lazer systems are linked directly to the drones and satellites overhead. Our government knew what as going on. They could have done something. They did nothing. They're as negligent as Bush was and all we ever hear is how evil Bush was but what a savior Obama is. Get your heads out of your rears and wake up. The government DOES NOT CARE about your or the people who serve it, we're all just pawns and in Benghazi they figured they could let some 'pawns' die.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yeah the saying we have here is something like

"a bad decision is better than no decision"

off topic....i been painting my CSM's...think they'd make ya proud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    The SEALS on the ground were lazering targets. That means people knew they were under attack as the US lazer systems are linked directly to the drones and satellites overhead. Our government knew what as going on. They could have done something. They did nothing. They're as negligent as Bush was and all we ever hear is how evil Bush was but what a savior Obama is. Get your heads out of your rears and wake up. The government DOES NOT CARE about your or the people who serve it, we're all just pawns and in Benghazi they figured they could let some 'pawns' die.
    How do you know it was the SEALs?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not why it matters, thats why you care.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:56 AM ----------

A) You think people thought terrorism was no longer a thing?

B) Find me a clip of Obama saying he defeated terrorism.

OH WAIT

wrong president.

My bad.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 10:00 PM ----------

Lied? Or maybe just working on bad intelligence?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Yeah the saying we have here is something like

"a bad decision is better than no decision"

off topic....i been painting my CSM's...think they'd make ya proud.
    Company Sergeant Majors? An entire army of those dudes can take over the world!

How do you know it was the SEALs?
    The guys on the ground who came to help were ex SEALs working for the CIA

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

OH WAIT

wrong president.

My bad.
    Not often i defend bush....

but in that pic the "Mission accomplished" sign was in referenced to the carrier group returning home from deployment. It had nothing to do with bush.

To cover up the fact that terrorists are still a threat? It's not really a fact you can cover up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    The guys on the ground who came to help were ex SEALs working for the CIA
    I find it very unlikely they would release their military employment history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it have been too much to have a group of soldiers stationed at the embassy as guards?

Company Sergeant Majors? An entire army of those dudes can take over the world!
    Ummmm......naaaa...they would be good at spotting incorrections with uniform standards or seeing a cigarette butt on the ground at 50 meters.

Chaos space marines smart ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Would it have been too much to have a group of soldiers stationed at the embassy as guards?
    It would have been correct, the bad decision lies with the person too weak to deploy said soldiers.