Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Dick "Executive Privilege" Cheney?
    I don't talk bad about Mr. Cheney. Anyone who can shoot another human being in the face then have that guy apologize TO HIM for causing him trouble in a press conference is not to be trifled with

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Dick "Executive Privilege" Cheney?
    Do you really wanna go there?

How about using executive privledge to protect Eric holder from congressional inquiry regarding fast and furious?

Cooommmmoooonnnn, doesn't matter if its a R or a D....they all are crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Should they have been more transparent? Of course. This administration's been pretty shit when it comes to transparency, though. Investigating what exactly happened and why should happen. I still don't think the accusations as of yet are justified, at least not in the eyes of our legal system. We shouldn't be presuming guilt from the start.
    Thats politics. Its a bi-product for the GOP but that doesn't mean the white house and Hillary can skirt the hard questions just because the GOP is trying to take advantage of it. The GOP isn't afriad to ask the hard questions because we know the democrats won't ask and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    So obvious noone cares but it is just a smearing campaign.
    Yup I said it. No fucking politician care. The total lack of congressional hearings regarding thousands of dead and wounded americans and allies not to mention civilians in an illegal war proves it.

Some handful of people died, what is the big deal? Cherrypicking suffering for a political agenda, hah.
    So low.
    I wonder if you'd feel the same if your Dad or Brother was part of that handful.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Do you really wanna go there?

How about using executive privledge to protect Eric holder from congressional inquiry regarding fast and furious?

Cooommmmoooonnnn, doesn't matter if its a R or a D....they all are crooked.
    Hey, you're the one you said you wanted all politicians held accountable. And I don't disagree.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Yup I said it. No fucking politician care. The total lack of congressional hearings regarding thousands of dead and wounded americans and allies not to mention civilians in an illegal war proves it.

Some handful of people died, what is the big deal? Cherrypicking suffering for a political agenda, hah.
    So low.
    I hope one day you never have to deal with the shit the people protecting you seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    The GOP isn't afriad to ask the hard questions because we know the democrats won't ask and don't care.
    Because they're looking for hard answers that hurt the president?

They've had almost 10 hearings on it now. Similar situations under George Bush Warranted what... three hearings?

If you want to be the "hard questions and accountability" party, don't just ask them... OF THE OTHER PARTY.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if you'd feel the same if your Dad or Brother was part of that handful.
    That would be irrelevant. Appeals to emotion don't have any valid place in the operation of our government. And yes, that applies to people using tragedies to push legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I hope one day you never have to deal with the shit the people protecting you seen.
    Guys like Bakis scare me.

They have that whole "stalin" mentallity. They are very brave to send people into a meatgrinder as long as its not them.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    That would be irrelevant. Appeals to emotion don't have any valid place in the operation of our government. And yes, that applies to people using tragedies to push legislation.
    Its not supposed to be an appeal to emotion. Its supposed to remind him/her that the people that died were still someones brother or father or son, and their deaths shouldn't just be swept under the rug for political convience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im on the stance that avoiding death is important no matter pretext.
    It seems the parties didnt do shit to inquire in order not to make the same misstakes again as long as a precious ambassador doesnt get killed..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your assuming they care Rich.

Americans are really hot and cold when it comes to caring about the people that are serving them. They either love us or hate us.

I would just like some accountability from our politicians.
    Then don't be narrow on who. Either way the US didn't cause our own people's deaths. Terrorists did that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want one simple question answered: Why, even when the Libyan President himself said it was a premeditated attack, did the US ambassador to the UN insist it was a spontaneous attack that arose from protests outside of the embassy?

Here's the timeline: http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/

So low.
    Whenever I see a political party (either one) getting up in arms over something that the other guy did, WHICH THEIR GUY ALSO DID, I tend to think along these same lines as well. They care about politics and power, not people. If Obama had been a Republican, these smear campaigns would have been reversed, with the R's doing their best to pretend like it wasn't a big deal.

[Edit] That's not to say that the loss of life isn't regrettable or the circumstances worth looking into; but I'm fairly certain that most people bickering about this only pick this particular tragic event to care about because of its political significance. There are plenty of stories of people dieing in the world: why is THIS story so important to them?
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2013-05-10 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted

They have that whole "stalin" mentallity. They are very brave to send people into a meatgrinder as long as its not them.
    I hope that one day guys like that end up with a prick like that as their CO.

"Sergeant major, that man just called me a cunt, deal with him".

Republicans really care too much about Benghazi...

Im on the stance that avoiding death is important no matter pretext.
    It seems the parties didnt do shit to inquire in order not to make the same misstakes again as long as a precious ambassador doesnt get killed..
    I Believe that if the Gov't is going to ask people to serve in a austere enviroment where there are people who are actively planning to kill them, the Gov't has a responsbility to take as many precautions as possible to prevent their deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I just want one simple question answered: Why, even when the Libyan President himself said it was a premeditated attack, did the US ambassador to the UN insist it was a spontaneous attack that arose from protests outside of the embassy?

Here's the timeline: http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/
    Why does it matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't we at least get those Terrorists and not squabble so much about what *DEM DIRTY POLITICIANS* did. Republican or Democrat. They are part of our country and they died. I think that should be enough to be annoyed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 07:48 PM ----------

Its not supposed to be an appeal to emotion. Its supposed to remind him/her that the people that died were still someones brother or father or son, and their deaths shouldn't just be swept under the rug for political convience.
    Not really m counties foreign policies doesnt put me in danger. You and me cant be compared.
    I am still interested how you can say it is not politicial smearing when somhow bengazzi warrant multiple hearings an two wars basically non..

Lying to the public and seding servicemen do die, institutionalize torture etc is all fine but a dead ambassador... Rawr we need 10 hearings.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So two wrongs make a right?

I'm sad to see that so many fellow Americans see it as okay for our public servants to be used as bargining chips.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 07:11 PM ----------

I guess your sentiment is the root of the problem.....no one cares. Its okay if public servants die because of incompetence, as long as its your guy in office.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 07:13 PM ----------

Not saying there hasn't been other attacks. I do not recall another situation in which military backup has been denied to evacuate state dept personnal. They were left hanging.
    I know anti-obama rhetoric is irrational and nonsensical. But sit back and think about.

Consolate attacked.

Obama. "Fuck those 4 people that died. I have a campaign to run and we can't have this distraction." Lets say it was over the anti-Islam video on the sunday talk shows. Hillary will fake a head embolism so she can't take responsibility. We can't let everyone know the only help was in Tripoli in the form of guards with only 9mm side arms. They won't get there in time. And they can't scramble jet from Italy because there was no air refueling in place. Lets go with that story.

The takeaways from this is that there are murderous Islamists fucks all over the middle east and that we should have US combat ready soldiers wherever there are US interests. We cant rely on local indigenous security. Lesson learned, Move on.
    Operation Red Wing