Poll: What kind of fight do you like the best?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I absolutely love healing "fights" - when Valithria was new I just about had a nerdgasm! The tanks and dps just stall the adds/boss while the healers keep the raid alive and win the fight! Tsulong was a nice hybrid of this and put a smile on my face as well - especially as disc with atonement for the dps phase too!

It'd be nice to have more fights where healers aren't benched/forced to respec when they overgear fights
    Last edited by Manaia; 2013-05-10 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Deleted
    Don't really give a fuck, I'm just happy the very few times there's a melee friendly fight.

Ain't got the luxury to prefer anything else.

Deleted
    I like a good mix of these. Pretty much how ToT does it. I like a straight up numbers fight sometimes; it's great to just test your output after first kill as well.

My favorite fight at the moment is probably Dark Animus. I, a melee with taunt and tanking capabilities, feel extremely useful. This is talking normal mode. I can micromanage the matter swaps, I can emergency tank an add if a bad matter swap happened. I can free healers from their adds and just speed up the kill. Also on 10 man it changes each week. Even though it is basically the same fight and you won't need entirely new tactiks, it feels new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    None of these types have any kind of particular attraction or rejection from me, aside from pure DPS checks which I feel are simply non-interesting in design and either loot pinatas/frustrating with no scale in between. Bosses like Gara'jal/Ultraxion/Baleroc are bosses I hate with all my heart.

What I like over everything else is a feeling of personal responsability for every raider and not just a select few (Lei Shen p2-p3 is a snorefest as a melee). I like fights like Vizier/Durumu where everyone has to dance (even if the dance itself isn't necessarily hard), I liked Heigan in Naxx, I like Lei Shen transitions a lot, I liked Yogg where people had to be careful with Sanity etc, I liked Cho'gall.

If I could just have nothing but touhou-like bosses all over the place I'd be squeeing all over like a little girl so I don't think my opinion is particularly objective. I would probably eat my words pretty quickly after no-one in the world would be able to kill bosses at all, since what I'm asking for is double attenuations all over the place.

I want bosses that have hard mechanics, not pure number fights.
    I kept cursing myself for not having played more Touhou games when we were progressing on heroic Vizier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Dark animus is one of the most individual reliant bosses ever.
    If someone pulls aggro on another add, wipe.
    If someone accidentally links, wipe.
    If someone positions badly for matter swap and links adds, wipe.
    If you kill your add too fast, wipe.
    If you kill your add too slow, wipe.
    There's almost no other boss that if one person screws up they wipe the raid instantly. Simply brez and move on. (Unless it's something like first week heroic ultraxion and someone not dpsing for 5 seconds = wipe).

I kinda felt like Amber Shaper was like that, mainly because anybody could be inside the construct and needed to interrupt or else it was a wipe (on HC of course).

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS Race. I like testing my ability to maximize damage, and the best way to do that is to tunnel a stationary boss. My 2 favorite bosses ever are Brutallus and Patchwerk, so that should say it all.

I'm usually not a big fan of the lengthy, complex final encounters in a tier. Stuff like Lich King, Lei Shen, H Ragnaros, H Sha of Fear (although it's very simple) all just make me bored. Fights really should never last more than 10 minutes in my opinion.

I also can't stand add fights unless they're "group them up on the boss and cleave will tunneling said boss"-type encounters, like say Morogrim Tidewalker or Lei Shen adds. Stuff like Primordius is just torture for me.

Bosses that have a lot of movement, Ragnaros V2 springs to mind. I hate just standing in one place doing my buttonz for 15 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    DPS Race. I like testing my ability to maximize damage, and the best way to do that is to tunnel a stationary boss. My 2 favorite bosses ever are Brutallus and Patchwerk, so that should say it all.

I'm usually not a big fan of the lengthy, complex final encounters in a tier. Stuff like Lich King, Lei Shen, H Ragnaros, H Sha of Fear (although it's very simple) all just make me bored. Fights really should never last more than 10 minutes in my opinion.

I also can't stand add fights unless they're "group them up on the boss and cleave will tunneling said boss"-type encounters, like say Morogrim Tidewalker or Lei Shen adds. Stuff like Primordius is just torture for me.
    Yes, and fuck Horridon.

Deleted
    Easily the Multi-stage and multi-phase fights.

Lei Shen is up there with my top 5 encounters, including Lich King, Iron Qon.

Deleted
    I like a good DPS race. Not maybe a patch kinda where you just stand and nuke, but i like that feeling when you need to do it almost perfect to kill it. Like Garajal heroic was pretty nice imo, altho the adds favor certain classes etc. Naxxramas Heigan + a little DPS check would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    dps race wins for me, i want to see a rlly hard one tho were only the highest dps will kill it not just some grp of randoms doing average dps, i dont think they has been 1 yet tho
    sunwell brutallus says hello

but i quess you need some of each in each tier.
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-05-13 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Multi-phase fights are the most interesting (and epic), and straight-up dps races are cool too (a bit of no-nonsense nuking is good for the soul), but tbh there should be fights of all kinds in a raid tier.

(well, except maybe run-round-like-a-headless-chicken-after-adds fights like the one mentioned below )

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yes, and fuck Horridon.
    This.

Deleted
    I think it depends on the individual encounter. All types of fights can be enjoyable or terrible. I will say though that although they usually feel the most 'epic' to me I'm generally not a fan of the really long Multi-stage, w/ transitions fights, especially during progress... the early stages of the fight are often really easy and you waste so much time getting back to the point you're struggling with.

My favourite fight this tier is probably Twin Consorts because for the most part I can just stand there and faceroll my DPS rotation It's nice to have a fight like that sometimes.