Froststorm breath vs beast cleave

Howdy.

So my question:
    When a chimera does his aoe channelling breath, it doesn't get the benefit of beast cleave. So, is it worth it to use the breath over letting the chimera do basic attacks and do aoe from beast cleave? Disregard specific fights, just want to know if it's worth it using a chimera over any other pet while in BM.

I remember back with the original 5.0 beast cleave came out someone did some theorycrafting and apparently found that the channel AoE was slightly more damage than Beast Cleave on heavy AoE fights. But with the current buff to beast cleave (and another huge one coming in 5.3) I would assume that it's no longer a DPS gain.

Yeah, especially with 75% buff, beast cleave it is going to be way stronger that frost storm breath.

Considering that (and burrow attack) are BM only and can't work with beast cleave, AND do less damage than beast cleave... You have to wonder why the abilities still exist. I suppose in some 1 in 100 situation where you want your pet AOEing somewhere while you single target dps elsewhere? But that's a lot of pet micromanagement.

wasn't even thinking with the next patch buffs. Wanted to use my chimera for more than show, but meh. Just like my worm, stabled :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, with the Blink Strike change (which affects Beast Cleave) and the BC buff itself, there won't really be any reason to bother with channeled AOE gimmick pets anymore. BM AOE on the PTR is excellent, I can't wait for the changes to go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    Yeah, especially with 75% buff, beast cleave it is going to be way stronger that frost storm breath.

Considering that (and burrow attack) are BM only and can't work with beast cleave, AND do less damage than beast cleave... You have to wonder why the abilities still exist. I suppose in some 1 in 100 situation where you want your pet AOEing somewhere while you single target dps elsewhere? But that's a lot of pet micromanagement.
    They are remnants of when hunter pets used to be unique in both looks, stats, and abilities.

Deleted
    With Patch 5.3, you want beast cleave over froststorm breath.
    It's a neat pet ability, with a wicked cool animation during Bestial Wrath, but it won't outdo 5.3 beast cleave buffs, specially not with the change to blink strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    With Patch 5.3, you want beast cleave over froststorm breath.
    It's a neat pet ability, with a wicked cool animation during Bestial Wrath, but it won't outdo 5.3 beast cleave buffs, specially not with the change to blink strikes.
    blink strikes + buffed beast cleave = op aoe.