Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    if WoW actually ever ends id like to hope they would make another warcraft rts, but i think im basically stuck with waiting another year and a half for sc2 : legacy of the void

I honestly think it's going to be at LEAST ten years before they stop making content for the game. However, I predict them finishing up the the "main" storylines well before then - Sargeras stuff, Old Gods stuff, etc etc. My gut says that all those things will come to end right around the time Titan is hitting the shelves. After all, if Titan is the raging success we're all hoping it to be, they'll be effectively killing off wow. I think they'd like to wrap up the bigger parts of the game while there's still a big audience around to appreciate it. It'd suck if it's 2020 and there's still no Sargeras raid and we're still getting "You are not prepared," quips. Sometimes you just gotta let things end.

That said, my guess is they'll keep doing $10-15 DLC "mini-expansions" for quite a while after the overarching story is complete. Nothing that raises the level cap or really adds any new zones, but more personalized stuff. Class-specific stuff, maybe even profession-specific. Lots of cosmetic stuff too. That'd be kinda nifty, at least in my opinion.

Deleted
    When WoW eventually shuts down in distant future there will be helluva lot of people saying ''i told you so!''

Even if it happens a decade from now there will be people going ''remember then 10 years ago when i said WoW was dying! haha i was right wasnt i! i knew it all along!''

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Warcraft 4. Doesn't matter if they make it the best game in history and blowjob level of enjoyment, people will bitch and moan until the forum servers burn to a crisp. By now warcraft is basicly on the same nostalgia level as vanilla WoW. So if it happen, it will basicly be Diablo 3 whining and bitching all over again.
    I don't think Blizz wants that.
    I disagree. For example, people had high expectations of Starcraft 2... and most were reached. Sure, there's a few who complained, there's always a few, but most of the people loved Starcraft 2 and now love Heart of the Swarm. If anything, most complains, when they appear, are about balance and about Reynor forgetting about Fenix. That's really it. So allow me to say that if Blizzard does it similar to how they did it for Starcraft, the game will be a huge success.

10+ Year Old Account
    When WoW's last expansion/major patch will come out, and its popularity will die down, I think it will rather become this "niche" MMO that will stick around for its addicts, will get tweaked around from time to time for them, and will remain like this as long as it brings more money that it requires to maintain.

Incidentally, the quality of player interaction will improve dramatically.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    when wow dies some day, the mmo market will die, online gaming will die and the internet will die.
    All humans will die, all mammals will die, all animals will die, all plants will die, earth will die, the mily way will die, then eventually all of the universe will die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    All humans will die, all mammals will die, all animals will die, all plants will die, earth will die, the mily way will die, then eventually all of the universe will die.
    But more importantly... YOU will die, mortal!
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    planning to release Warcraft 4 and World of Starcraft
    I don't particularly care for a World of Starcraft (could be fun I guess but doesn't really excite me that much), but I'd love to see another Warcraft RTS game.

There is a scare that wow will die even sooner amongst shareholders. I agree that activision will pump out as much money as possible with WoW, but I have a feeling they will be needing to push to something new in the close future. Last quarter, activision reported WoW losing over 1 million subscribers. Many were from asia (damn gold miners). Any way, this trends points to a trend that the game might be losing its luster sooner than we may suspect. Either way, if it dies sooner than most expect, then we might lose more than just a game, but an entire company (activision).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbg11 View Post
    There is a scare that wow will die even sooner amongst shareholders. I agree that activision will pump out as much money as possible with WoW, but I have a feeling they will be needing to push to something new in the close future. Last quarter, activision reported WoW losing over 1 million subscribers. Many were from asia (damn gold miners). Any way, this trends points to a trend that the game might be losing its luster sooner than we may suspect. Either way, if it dies sooner than most expect, then we might lose more than just a game, but an entire company (activision).
    I think the field has changed dramatically with the reset of Titan. We're talking about at least 2 expansions before Titan comes out, and probably into next decade before WoW really starts to feel a pinch from Titan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)