Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    what's the point of being a healer if you quickly roll over to a dps?
    whats the point of being a dps if you cant kill anything?and yes a dps should be able to 1vs1 kill a healer over time,by slow wearing him down "hit-points" or energy.in say 3's you have team mates that can PEEL and healers have instant castes that can more or less heal them to full without casting.no way should a healer be so strong they can keep themselves up and others with be FF on and not getting peels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    whats the point of being a dps if you cant kill anything?and yes a dps should be able to 1vs1 kill a healer over time,by slow wearing him down "hit-points" or energy.in say 3's you have team mates that can PEEL and healers have instant castes that can more or less heal them to full without casting.no way should a healer be so strong they can keep themselves up and others with be FF on and not getting peels.
    That would be fine if the healer actually had a chance to kill a DPS as well, which he doesn't. DPS have way too much self heals, remove those first, then we can talk about reducing healer power.

Just one experienced and well geared Rogue can silence/stun/interrupt any Healer while together with his partner, especially if he is a Hunter, both nuking him to death. The Healer may survive for a while and cast some instant Heals/shield but his end is nigh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    That would be fine if the healer actually had a chance to kill a DPS as well, which he doesn't. DPS have way too much self heals, remove those first, then we can talk about reducing healer power.
    if you want to do damage and kill play a DPS.like i said in my last post-dps should be able to kill healers by wearing them down over time.hell all pvp should be longer fights and not this burst down crap we have now.pvp is so out ow wack in wow its not even funny,healing is part of that as is dps.heals that instant cast and never run out of mana all the while tanking any and all damage is not good game design.you should see healers in rift,they are just as retarded,almost.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-05-10 at 06:49 PM.

I find this thread amusing, just because I just tried to do some fast 2s cap with UHDK(me)/Healer, and every healer I found couldnt keep them self up while I went for the other healer - The point here being that no, a healer cant always survive against a single target dps (though, I've had some shitluck with partners today.. Not even gripping and slowing people for them helped them top and survive.. Defuq. Vent off)

Healers should be able to survive a single dps without any problems, and two if you do know your class alitle bit. Heck even 3 when you're better than them. If not - what would be the point with a healer in arena/rbgs if they just died stright away?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Healers have never really had an issue against one DPS
    Such an incorrect statement. You should be more thoughtful when you write the word 'never'.

Right off the top of my head, I can mention the Arms/BM fiasco that was season 12, along with something not-so-recent, like the DK invasion in s5 (Hats off to any resto druid that made glad in s5).

Keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    a single dps should not be able to kill a healer 1v1 with burst or damage alone, but he should be able to get the healer oom.

2 dps should be able to kill a healer if not peeled/cc'd
    This is what the ideal setting should look like. It's not, though, sadly.
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2013-05-10 at 07:09 PM.

I have a disc priest with as much gear as you can get in 2 weeks at 90. And average skill level. Not Glad, but I can hold my own at 1700 or so.
    From my experience - exceptional single DPS can kill me within a minute or so. Average would beat on me for 5-10 minutes or so if I get no peels from partner and eventually run me oom. Bad dps can be kited indefinitely without losing much mana. And I could survive 2-3 bad DPS on me in random BGs without any peels from anyone.
    It really depends on skill of both healer and DPS.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

From a rogue PoV

I really, really, really hate healers. Yeah, I can pop my shit and get them low, but after that, it's just... ugh, unbearable. (no stupdily OP pve trinket btw)

So, when I cap 2s with people, usually another melee, more often than not, it's a loss whenever we meet healer/dps. QQ

Edit

When I play my healer (disc) people look at me and I roll over. Can't play for shit.
    Last edited by Faenskap; 2013-05-10 at 10:17 PM.

You should probably try something called CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I find this thread amusing, just because I just tried to do some fast 2s cap with UHDK(me)/Healer, and every healer I found couldnt keep them self up while I went for the other healer - The point here being that no, a healer cant always survive against a single target dps (though, I've had some shitluck with partners today.. Not even gripping and slowing people for them helped them top and survive.. Defuq. Vent off)

Healers should be able to survive a single dps without any problems, and two if you do know your class alitle bit. Heck even 3 when you're better than them. If not - what would be the point with a healer in arena/rbgs if they just died stright away?
    lmfao-have fun in 2's when every healer/dps mirror match you face times out.

lmfao-have fun in 2's when every healer/dps mirror match you face times out.
    You shouldnt be able to kill a healer as easy as it is today.. One should atleast hvae to make them spend all their CDs, most of their mana and all that stuff before being able to finish them off.

Oh and 2s aint realy balanced anyways, so who cares?
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldnt be able to kill a healer as easy as it is today.. One should atleast hvae to make them spend all their CDs, most of their mana and all that stuff before being able to finish them off.

Oh and 2s aint realy balanced anyways, so who cares?
    same shit different day with people like you.i make a good point and we all know im right.dps/healer mirror matches in 2 time out = broken.all i here people like you say is "Oh and 2s aint really balanced anyways, so who cares?" -lmfao.well at one point 2's did matter and wows pvp was in a much better spot then.according to you if something not "balanced" it should not matter right?2's = broken,5'slmfao,wpvp =lmfao dules=lmfao,rbgs good for casters right?so we are left with 3's?well i guess i just figured out why wow keeps losing millions of subs,its because the pvpers are leaving the game.

"One should atleast hvae to make them spend all their CDs, most of their mana"

like i said a dps should be able to solo a healer over time by wearing them down little by little.but guess what healers never run out of mana do they?do healers even have to cast any more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about 0o

Added link to fullsize image on thumbnail ~Snuggli
    healer monks get about 90%-100% chance to be missed if their are stunned
    with other healers are different, on the ptr i suvived 2 dps without dying and barelly 3, i died with 4 as a holy paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovansjo View Post
    That answer was just... Did you even try to answer his question?

If you'd ask me what I prefer, vanilla or chocolate, can I answer "Yes!"?

same shit different day with people like you.i make a good point and we all know im right.dps/healer mirror matches in 2 time out = broken.all i here people like you say is "Oh and 2s aint really balanced anyways, so who cares?" -lmfao.well at one point 2's did matter and wows pvp was in a much better spot then.according to you if something not "balanced" it should not matter right?2's = broken,5'slmfao,wpvp =lmfao dules=lmfao,rbgs good for casters right?so we are left with 3's?well i guess i just figured out why wow keeps losing millions of subs,its because the pvpers are leaving the game.

"One should atleast hvae to make them spend all their CDs, most of their mana"

like i said a dps should be able to solo a healer over time by wearing them down little by little.but guess what healers never run out of mana do they?do healers even have to cast any more?
    The thing about 2s is to outplay the other team. Land a good CC chain + LoS combo and you can get a kill. It shouldnt be like it is now when a rogue just waits for his trinket proc and go all balls out on someone and kills them in a stun.
    Oh and a side note, I've been around since Classic, from before the BGs got implied to the game. And I do love Wpvp (Those epic SSvsTM fights, or Barrens raids etc etc), and yes ofc PvPers leave this game. The people who realy like PvP do actually prefer a game with a litlebit more balance than this game, it is and was invented as a PvE game after all. Blizzard do however try to make it more PvP friendly, and I love them for it. I've PvPed in this game since day one pretty much. Spent 6 months to lvl my first toon to 60 because I rather prefered to be in BGs than out questing(you didnt get xp in BGs at that time)

And yes, you should force a healer to spend his CDs before you can land a kill on him. Otherwise it would be rather stupid to bring a healer.
    *Hey guys, I go for the healer and kill him solo while you guys CC/intercept the dps, mkay?" Great tactic there.

Its all about organized attacks to lock down the healer while you kill the dps - thats what arena pretty much should be about, not this *Pop all CDs and go balls on someone and kill them in a stun* tactic

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about 2s is to outplay the other team. Land a good CC chain + LoS combo and you can get a kill. It shouldnt be like it is now when a rogue just waits for his trinket proc and go all balls out on someone and kills them in a stun.
    Oh and a side note, I've been around since Classic, from before the BGs got implied to the game. And I do love Wpvp (Those epic SSvsTM fights, or Barrens raids etc etc), and yes ofc PvPers leave this game. The people who realy like PvP do actually prefer a game with a litlebit more balance than this game, it is and was invented as a PvE game after all. Blizzard do however try to make it more PvP friendly, and I love them for it. I've PvPed in this game since day one pretty much. Spent 6 months to lvl my first toon to 60 because I rather prefered to be in BGs than out questing(you didnt get xp in BGs at that time)

And yes, you should force a healer to spend his CDs before you can land a kill on him. Otherwise it would be rather stupid to bring a healer.
    *Hey guys, I go for the healer and kill him solo while you guys CC/intercept the dps, mkay?" Great tactic there.

Its all about organized attacks to lock down the healer while you kill the dps - thats what arena pretty much should be about, not this *Pop all CDs and go balls on someone and kill them in a stun* tactic
    "And yes, you should force a healer to spend his CDs before you can land a kill on him. Otherwise it would be rather stupid to bring a healer.
    *Hey guys, I go for the healer and kill him solo while you guys CC/intercept the dps, mkay?" Great tactic there."

like i said more then once in this thread,i agree with what you are saying about forcing cds.but healers are so strong atm it takes more then 1 dps to force the cds.whats the point of having dps if it takes 3+ to kill 1 healer?why not just stack heals so no one on your team dies?hell make healers the new fcers in rbgs.

"The thing about 2s is to outplay the other team. Land a good CC chain + LoS combo and you can get a kill"

if the teams are close to the same skill = timed out.heals do not run out of mana any more= timed out.i stoped rolling with a healer in 2's and just run double dps.its either fast win or loss,but that still beats playing for 30 mins only to time out.

"The people who realy like PvP do actually prefer a game with a litlebit more balance than this game, it is and was invented as a PvE game after all. Blizzard do however try to make it more PvP friendly, and I love them for it. I've PvPed in this game since day one pretty much."

and thats were we disagree-wow is a pvp game and wow markets it as a pvp game.when the last time blizz had a tournament for pve?wow is horde vs ally=pvp.wow has pvp servers =pvp.you said it yourself you have pvped since day 1 right?pvp has been in game since day 1.more people partake in pvp in wow then they do pve.bgs/arena/wpvp/rbgs ect run all day/night none stop.look at av for example-40vs40 24/7.i see more people in 1 av then you can see in 3 25 mans raids.bgs are no stop,raids are once a week.

"And yes, you should force a healer to spend his CDs before you can land a kill on him. Otherwise it would be rather stupid to bring a healer.
    *Hey guys, I go for the healer and kill him solo while you guys CC/intercept the dps, mkay?" Great tactic there."

like i said more then once in this thread,i agree with what you are saying about forcing cds.but healers are so strong atm it takes more then 1 dps to force the cds.whats the point of having dps if it takes 3+ to kill 1 healer?why not just stack heals so no one on your team dies?hell make healers the new fcers in rbgs.

"The thing about 2s is to outplay the other team. Land a good CC chain + LoS combo and you can get a kill"

if the teams are close to the same skill = timed out.heals do not run out of mana any more= timed out.i stoped rolling with a healer in 2's and just run double dps.its either fast win or loss,but that still beats playing for 30 mins only to time out.

"The people who realy like PvP do actually prefer a game with a litlebit more balance than this game, it is and was invented as a PvE game after all. Blizzard do however try to make it more PvP friendly, and I love them for it. I've PvPed in this game since day one pretty much."

and thats were we disagree-wow is a pvp game and wow markets it as a pvp game.when the last time blizz had a tournament for pve?wow is horde vs ally=pvp.wow has pvp servers =pvp.you said it yourself you have pvped since day 1 right?pvp has been in game since day 1.more people partake in pvp in wow then they do pve.bgs/arena/wpvp/rbgs ect run all day/night none stop.look at av for example-40vs40 24/7.i see more people in 1 av then you can see in 3 25 mans raids.bgs are no stop,raids are once a week.
    For real? PvP is bigger than PvE? From where did you pull that out?
    And yes I PvPed from day one, because I enjoyed killing people while I was lvling. I also enjoyed making premade BGs at 60 to rank up faster. But a PvE geared outgeared my PvP gear anyday. It have always been like that - PvE > PvP. They balance the game around PvE, then make it work with PvP.

But whatever, if you realy do believe this is a "PvP Game", go on and believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For real? PvP is bigger than PvE? From where did you pull that out?
    And yes I PvPed from day one, because I enjoyed killing people while I was lvling. I also enjoyed making premade BGs at 60 to rank up faster. But a PvE geared outgeared my PvP gear anyday. It have always been like that - PvE > PvP. They balance the game around PvE, then make it work with PvP.

But whatever, if you realy do believe this is a "PvP Game", go on and believe it.
    "For real? PvP is bigger than PvE? From where did you pull that out?"

i just told you where i pulled that from right?so instead ouf you saying dumb comment "like your last post" why not tell me how pve is "bigger" then pvp.show me where the next big blizz pve tournament is and i will take you and i and go watch it.how much pve have you done this week?how much pvp have you done this week?more people par take in pvp then they do pve.

like i said above-everything from bg,rbgs,w pvp "questing on pvp servers included" arena duels are all pvp.there are more people in bgs then in raids= pvp has bigger #'s.tell me how bgs can runs 24/7 and not have more people in them then raids.if you sit down and q bgs for lets say an hour.you will see/play with/against 100's if not 1000 other players in that short time period.now you raid for and hour and you will see the same 10 or 25 people in that time frame.how you "cant see" the #'s is beyond me.

I specifically remember Blizzard stating at the start of Wrath/end of BC that they wanted a single dps to be able to have the opportunity to kill a healer. This amazingly resulted in a huge rise of triple dps. The only healer that could survive were paladins due to bubble. So they changed it.

Saying that, healers do die. They die in 2v2, they die in 3v3. If they're not dying 1v5 you should realise that there is potential to improve your gameplay. A good place to start is watching videos of high rated players and taking it one step at a time trying to perfect things like CC, interrupting, recognising opposition CD's and using your own CD's wisely.

Finally, if you're that interested in PvP random BG's isn't exactly the best way to achieve satisfying gameplay. After all, they're really just a means to grind gear. The vast majority of players in a BG won't have amazing gear. You should be noticing that a better geared player will out last other players, that's just how the game works, that's how RPG's should work.

For your sake.. and mine.. and everyone elses sake, i really hope Blizzard push faster to add skirmishes back in the game. They really did promote arena and were quick and easy to queue for.
    Last edited by panterarules; 2013-05-13 at 02:09 AM.

Deleted
    yesterday i died in 1.4 sec in the arena against 2 DDs.
    You can see it on youtube. just look for "how to die in 1.4".