Thread: Blood hit/exp

10+ Year Old Account

Blood hit/exp

As blood dk, do you go for 7.5 or 15% hit/exp?

Deleted
    No. Please do a basic search for a topic before asking a question that has been answered repeatedly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    As blood dk, do you go for 7.5 or 15% hit/exp?
    Preference. Hit/exp is worse than the options for pure survivability but many chose to pick some up regardless for the added damage. Hit is useful up to 7,5%, exp is useful up to 15% but weaker past 7,5%. For more in-depth answers, see the post above:P.

honestly with tot gear as it is, I really fail to see why not to go for 7.5/7.5

I reforged out of hit of pretty much every piece with hit on it and I am still hit capped
    that 1k something i had to reforge out of hit I put into exp and I capped that one (like 200 of it came from haste on a belt)
    and still every piece has mastery on it

For 10m, go for Hit/Exp caps

For 25m, no need.

Reasoning is that in 10m tank DPS matters more since it can make up more for the required DPS than it would in 25m(2 Tank-6 DPS Vs. 2 Tank-17/18 DPS).

The more important cap is Hit, to not let your Rune Strike Miss(since it can't be dodged/parried). Just remember to never reforge out of Mastery. ReforgeLite has a reforging priority of Mastery > Hit 2550 > Exp 2550 > Parry > Dodge > Haste. It makes sure you never reforge out of Mastery and tries to reach Hit and Exp caps.

For my DK(506 iLvl), which is my tank for Alt raids I can reach the Hit cap but not exp cap(at least without sacrificing Mastery!).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    For 10m, go for Hit/Exp caps

For 25m, no need.

Reasoning is that in 10m tank DPS matters more since it can make up more for the required DPS than it would in 25m(2 Tank-6 DPS Vs. 2 Tank-17/18 DPS).

The more important cap is Hit, to not let your Rune Strike Miss(since it can't be dodged/parried). Just remember to never reforge out of Mastery. ReforgeLite has a reforging priority of Mastery > Hit 2550 > Exp 2550 > Parry > Dodge > Haste. It makes sure you never reforge out of Mastery and tries to reach Hit and Exp caps.

For my DK(506 iLvl), which is my tank for Alt raids I can reach the Hit cap but not exp cap(at least without sacrificing Mastery!).
    THIS.

Don't listen to the negative nancy's.

In 10M tank DPS matters.
    Last edited by DarthMetatron; 2013-05-10 at 07:17 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

hit cap and 7.5 exp are really good, but blood DKs should never really go for the 15 Exp cap, as the only things it affects are white swings and heart strikes.

death strike is unparryable, diseases and blood boil are spells, rune strike is undodge/parryable.

it's not a good plan to use stats on things that, combined, are about 15% of your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    hit cap and 7.5 exp are really good, but blood DKs should never really go for the 15 Exp cap, as the only things it affects are white swings and heart strikes.

death strike is unparryable, diseases and blood boil are spells, rune strike is undodge/parryable.

it's not a good plan to use stats on things that, combined, are about 15% of your damage.
    You're forgetting about Soul Reaper which should be another 10% of total damage if used correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    15% is definitely not worth the wasted points. 7.5% is arguably worth the points. So go 7.5 if you want, but 15 is a definite survivability loss for a negligible dps up.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    go with 7.5/7.5 esp with 10m

Deleted
    Yup, go with 7.5.

For 2 reasons - extra DPS and maximum possible uptime on http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49509/scent-of-blood which is a direct boost to healing/shields. Works wonders for fights like Tortos where you have time between snapping bites to build Scent of Blood stacks.