Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    and the OP's idea will cause a larger exodus.
    -Blizzard experiences sub losses that happen largely due to non content quality related problems (valor handling, server population, F2P model taking over Asia.)
    -Doomsayers take over the forums and think Blizzard should hire them to be their game's savior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    and the OP's idea will cause a larger exodus.
    Says who? It hasn't been tested. You can't say it will or won't because it's untested, that's not logical thinking with what you're saying.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Hozen are the Jar-jar binks of the warcraft universe, some people find them offensive, only the mentally ill find them funny, and everybody wishes they would die.
    I find 'em pretty funny and last time I checked, the only diagnosed mental illnesses I have are social phobia and manic depression.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Hearthstone: Wtf is this...? Well, i'll tell you just how popular it is.. there's a whopping 3 PEOPLE viewing the Hearthstone sub-section of the forum. Didn't Blizzard already have a card game?
    Why do people pick on Hearthstone so much, it's not even out yet and with limited information of course there's not going to be many people viewing the 'limited' information. Also they've clearly stated that a very small team is working on it, like less then 10 people or something, so in no way would it be impacting on the quality of any of their other products. If you don't like the game, fine, but personally I am looking forward to it a lot, along with a lot of other people. Just wait and see how popular it is, so many people who haven't played a similar TCG style game will check it out purely cos it'll be easy, free and have the WoW tag.

As for the rest of your post, it's just the same old complaints, so not point responding to them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I find 'em pretty funny and last time I checked, the only diagnosed mental illnesses I have are social phobia and manic depression.
    And both are major mental disorders.

Should probably stop digging.

Someone is having trouble understanding his role as a consumer.

The role of a consumer is not to understand everything that a company does. The role of the consumer is to purchase or not purchase. Ranting and raving and demanding explanations, putting this much time and energy in, are senseless and futile. If you're just musing for curiosity's sake, then fine, but I doubt that considering how much stress this seems to be causing you.

Buy the products you want to use. Decline the ones you don't want to use. If you for some reason just can't stand the idea of not knowing what some company does, then better to just disengage, because you can't count on any explanations from the.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Only thing I got from this wall of text was:

Whine whine whine wow sucks. Whine whine whine blizzard sucks. Whine whine whine nostalgia. Whine whine whine.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    And both are major mental disorders.

Should probably stop digging.
    Aside from missing the point of a post that intentionally misses the point, given the context of RM's post, you don't exactly need to be stellar at reading comprehension to figure out the context clues--he's using 'mentally ill' as a nice way of saying 'retarded.'

So, would you be so kind as to give me my shovel back? This zombie isn't gonna bury itself.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Hozen are the Jar-jar binks of the warcraft universe, some people find them offensive, only the mentally ill find them funny, and everybody wishes they would die.
    Can't you just not like the things you don't like without insulting those who do?

Here, watch this:

I do get what Blizzard is doing with WoW.

They gated as much as they can get away with behind weekly lockouts and timesinks in order to keep more people subscribed, in order to avoid another disaster like cataclysm.

• 5man dungeons have been replaced by weekly lockout LFR. You can no longer catch up or decently gear an alt at your own pace through dungeons. No, you have to endure weekly lockouts and precisely calculated by blizzard timesink RNG. Don't let the epic LFR item quality fool you, 20 ilvls between LFR gear and normal gear is a very big gap, bigger than most Ilvl gaps between dungeon and raid gear in previous tiers.
    • Legendary quest chain is (will be) the biggest and most blatant timesink ever implemented in the game. 6k valor portion being the most shameless timesink.
    • Dailies. Another form of gating (reputation, recipes and even valor gear) but this time with a daily lockout instead of a weekly. I won't even mention Golden Lotus. Thankfully Blizzard picked up on the community's frustration and stopped forcing dailies down our throat, at least for now.
    • Valor items unlocking, you guessed it, over the course of several lockouts.
    • Experimenting with different forms of non-raid PvE content (challenge modes, scenarios, HC scenarios) to see which is more popular. Conveniently all of those are easier (cheaper) to make than 5man dungeons. At least they are trying out new ideas?

You make multiple Blizzard complaint threads. In my counter statement, I say I don't understand why you constantly voice your displeasure if it'll have no impact on the game whatsoever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

What's with the Hozen hate? I liked them. Did you hate on Wolvar and the Oracles back in Wrath? Sometimes WoW has comical races...

And Hearthstone isn't a major game, they put aside a team of designers to work on a small scale project and that's what they came up with. It looks fun to me. Don't expect every single game to be a major release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    All i read is "they make games in the way i don't like so they should change it so i will like them again". Move over it man and play some skyrim or what is popular now
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    All i read is "they make games in the way i don't like so they should change it so i will like them again". Move over it man and play some skyrim or what is popular now
    This 100%.

None of you realize people simply get sick of WoW, like any other game, and move on from it.

It could be either the game direction, friend issues, or (mostly) simply being burnt out and sick of the game as a whole.

Yet, no, it HAS to be LFR or the story or characters in it.

It's a plethora of things.

None of you are the majority, nor are none of you speaking for every player to ever touch the game.

KB, the game just isn't what YOU want it to be, thus you don't play anymore.

That doesn't give you a reason to continuously complain about it as such when it's not going to change.

What this means, though?

Move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    This 100%.

None of you realize people simply get sick of WoW, like any other game, and move on from it.

It could be either the game direction, friend issues, or (mostly) simply being burnt out and sick of the game as a whole.

Yet, no, it HAS to be LFR or the story or characters in it.

It's a plethora of things.

None of you are the majority, nor are none of you speaking for every player to ever touch the game.

KB, the game just isn't what YOU want it to be, thus you don't play anymore.

That doesn't give you a reason to continuously complain about it as such when it's not going to change.

What this means, though?

Move on.
    Easy to say but hard to do, WoW was our heroin.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    There is no argument with this kind of reply. Great content means players stay or more come along.
    Except when the startup costs are phenomenally high for a new player (close to 100 dollars) compared to no cost for a leaving player, it's incredibly easy to see why there is an imbalance.

These threads are pathetically moronic and uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Or only the ones who find them funny have a sens of humor.
    Fuck off and die, horsefucker

Absolutely not okay. Banned.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-05-10 at 05:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    Fuck off and die, horsefucker
    You are a horrible human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Can't you just not like the things you don't like without insulting those who do?

Here, watch this:

vidya
    I prefer this one

If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Maybe i'm getting older or maybe it's Blizzard, but I don't know what's going on anymore. I was taking some time today, laying back and thinking about all the decisions since 2008 that Blizzard has made.

Hearthstone: Wtf is this...? Well, i'll tell you just how popular it is.. there's a whopping 3 PEOPLE viewing the Hearthstone sub-section of the forum. Didn't Blizzard already have a card game?

Mists Of Pandaria: A lot of people have a problem with Pandas.. I'm not one of those people but who is to blame for the entire Hozen race? Do people honestly find the Hozen race funny or relevant to the game? At the end of Brewery, there's dancing monkeys who talk in Ebonics.

- Dailies galore. Someone at Blizzard got the impression that we not only enjoy dailies, but we'd prefer to rely on them for gear when the game started!
    - Valor cap. Not only did they implement ridiculous gating with dailies, but then they put in a 1k Valor cap because "making people wait" is the best way to progress/keep people subscribed apparently!
    - What's that? You haven't had enough gating? WELL YOU'RE IN LUCK! If you want access to a Legendary quest chain, that's even more gating! Ffs...
    - RNG galore. If you thought there was plenty of dailies and you just thought to yourself "man, I wish there was enough RNG in this game to make my head explode", well do I have special news for you! About 75% of your Legendary chain, will be completely customed through RNG!
    - LFR. LFR is one of the worst things they've ever done to the game... it doesn't cater to casuals and I'm tired of seeing that excuse thrown around. LFR tailors to lazy people who want to put in minimal effort or AFK with a possibility at loot. They didn't implement any kind of system that detects AFKers, they don't punish AFKers, they only made the sense of community worse and they refuse to acknowledge the problems LFR is creating.

Get rid of LFR or put it on tune with normal difficulty. In before: "WAAAHHH but then I couldn't AFK if the game knew I wanted to be lazy!"
    - PvP. What in the world are you guys doing to PvP? Healers are more insane than ever, despite what the incompetent devs think and now they're making them even more annoying to kill? For the love of god! It's hard enough downing them with a group and constant CC but now they're going to make them even harder to kill..

Also, do we really need that much CC in this game? I can't imagine a 40 versus 40 all out brawl, it would be a constant CC fest. Actually I can imagine, you tried being melee in an AV turtle lately? It's one of the most annoying things I've ever done... pretty much perma-slowed/dazed and CC galore! Don't worry, you got a 2 minute trinket for one of your 1 billion annoying CC effects.

Cataclysm: Now, I don't know what Blizzard was working on while they did the second half 80+ for Cataclysm, because it sure as hell wasn't Diablo 3! Dragon Soul was the biggest spit in the face raid that I've ever seen.. I can't believe how half-assed it was.

Hard Heroics: This absolutely baffles me to this day.. Blizzard didn't make the game hard and they didn't make heroics hard, people have just gotten worse. Why? Blizzard doesn't encourage anyone to learn their class, their mechanics or anything! As a matter of fact, Blizzard has taken an Obama stance to gaming and they'll just give you free shit for being lazy! I'm sorry people, but the heroics in Cataclysm were by no means of the imagination difficult.. if using CC on a marked mob is difficult, I don't know what to tell you.

The worst thing they did in Cataclysm was going super casual. People got bored with the game at this point.. People weren't quitting because "omg too hard", they were quitting because Cataclysm was boring. Honestly, if people find WoW too hard, they sure as hell won't make it on other MMOs or play them very long, so stop using the excuse that people quit in Cataclysm because it was too hard in the beginning. It wasn't, they just dumbed the game down to a Toddler's level and people got bored.

Merging With Activi$$$$$ion: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!
    What in the world were you thinking? Do you not know the history behind this company? Do you not know the history behind what a greedy blood sucker Bobby Kotick is? I don't care how much money the merger personally made the top executives, you can't honestly tell me someone wasn't stoned or drunk when they decided to go forward with this.

"Oh, but they operate as seperate entities." Yes, they do.. I know that.. I'm tired of seeing that excuse too, but do you really think Activi$$$$ion has absolutely no say in the design process of the games? They're tied together! Ever since 2008, it's been Actigreed saying "JUMP" and Blizzard going "How high?"

Diablo 3: Words... can not express my anger for what they have done to the most beloved franchise of all time. Back in 2008 through 2010, they had a lot of great features for the game and a lot of great things in the works for this game, I remember the videos.

However, for whatever reason, they decided to pull most of those features, give them a basic UI look and release a half assed Diablo game.

Story: What the... who wrote this story?
    Act 1: Find Cain, Cain gets kidnapped and killed by Magic Butterfly Queen
    Act 2: Find body parts for guy who betrays his people "ahhahaaahaha", then you kill the child Emperor
    Act 3: The boss pretty much tells you everything you need to do before fighting him and challenges you to do so
    Act 4: Again, the boss tells you everything you need to do in order to get to him

The story basically, the bad guys always tell you their diabolical plans and how to stop them.

Itemization: Go to hell for Itemization. Who honestly thought that giving every item in the game, completely randomized RNG stats when paired up with an Auction House would be a brilliant idea? Also: WHO PUTS AN AUCTION HOUSE IN A HACK N SLASH ITEM FIND GAME!? You even said it yourself in a video, loot is the most important part of Diablo!! What the hell is a matter with you?

Forced Gameplay: Hey guys, want to go back and do a couple bosses from A3? Well, make a NEW GAME because in order to play Diablo 3, you have to follow the same ridiculous written story for children and go Waypoint by Waypoint. One does not simply just go through the world of Diablo, you have to choose a quest and go with that.

Seriously what are you doing anymore Blizzard...? "Oh but we still have 8.3 million subscribers!" THAT'S A PRETTY SIGNIFICANT LOSS FROM 12 MILLION JUST 4 YEARS AGO!

Want your Glory Days back?

- Dump Activi$$$ion
    - Get rid of LFR or tune it on par with normal difficulty
    - Bring back immersion and gameplay that forces terrible and lazy players to learn the core mechanics of their class
    - STOP RELYING ON SO MUCH RNG. Instead of making content hard, you just implemented a shit ton of RNG instead
    - Stop making WoW easier.. because I'm not sure it's really possible at this point to be any easier
    - Fire the Diablo 3 development team.. start fresh.. hell.. hire random people off the street who have at least played the Diablo series. I don't know how many monkeys you have working on the game, but do you know how long 1.0.8 took to release? I don't know either, because I STOPPED COUNTING! Oh and not only did a minor patch take this long but one of the most game breaking bugs makes it into this minor patch too! I just can't wait to see how long 1.1 takes!
    -oke we as players might not like the merg with activision. but we also don't know how much money it gave to blizzard. most merges/fushions suck for the costumer but brings in alot of money for the company.

-why should they get of lfr or increase there difficulty? lfr is made for people to see the content. don't like that diffeculty? don't play it. do you whine because a rpg or fps got a easy/normal/hard/ultra hard?

-we got normal/heroic raiding for that. or even heroic scenarios. got ofc high rated arena/rated bg for there pvp part. at the start cata heroics are not fun.

-do you play a paladin?

-and again look at point 3. wow got hard content. and if you look at most mmo's there content can be harder then any mmo if i have yet to see. most mmo's is just a plain zergfest.

-diablo3 had its problems indeed. but we have been over there. and blizzard admids that the ah didn't turn out how they want it to be. so what is it you want?
    can you do a better job? why not make a aplication then?