Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    here's a solution for you

remove flying mounts on PVP REALMS ONLY!!

if you can have lower level guards on pvp realms only, you can remove flying mounts on pvp realms only.

as it would seem that it's only ever people on pvp realms that want them removed because they want world pvp, i say give it to them!

edit: you dont even have to remove flying mounts, you could just disable flying - good luck questing in deepholm!
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-05-10 at 03:30 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    Most people find it very convenient and a small few point to it as one of the worst additions to the game. I'm talking about the world pvp killer, yes friends im talking about flying mounts. Now for those that want it gone I'd love to hear a reasonable explanation of how it could be removed without hurting certain parts of the game for example without flying it would've been impossible to do any of the Eye dungeons or TK. So please I am very curious to how the designers could remove flying entirely and I welcome your thoughts and opinions.
    You know what killed world PVP? Battlegrounds.

Ban battlegrounds.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play on a PvP realm. Your World PvP problems means jack all to me.

This should be moved to the PvP forums, as the only quasi-valid argument against flying mounts and their direct impact on gameplay is from the "world PvP" folks. (And I do mean only quasi-valid, because I don't necessarily believe in their conclusions that flying killed World PvP)

As for the other most common group of people that complain about flying mounts, the guys that just like to go "hurr it breaks immersion" can always just use their ground mount. Or fucking do a RP walk for all I care. Nothing is stopping them from getting all the immersion they want.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-05-10 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Its not happening.

Stop wishing.

Stop asking.

Go about your day.

Not everyone wants to world pvp. The only people these days who world pvp are the gankers.
    agree with this 100% ppl dont kill ur alts to get you on ur main. they kill your alt coz they either cant pvp at max level or have had a realy bad day and want somthing easy to take it out on
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-05-10 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    here's a solution for you

remove flying mounts on PVP REALMS ONLY!!

if you can have lower level guards on pvp realms only, you can remove flying mounts on pvp realms only.

as it would seem that it's only ever people on pvp realms that want them removed because they want world pvp, i say give it to them!

edit: you dont even have to remove flying mounts, you could just disable flying - good luck questing in deepholm!
    Aside from the obvious issues with places like Deepholm etc, I have no problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    They couldn't removing flying completely but they could easily go back and restrict you from doing so in zones where it is not necessary.
    Though I think they would lose 3 million or more subscribers by doing so.

I would be happy if they just went back and made it so you couldn't fly in any zone that housed a capital city (including the city itself)
    well acording to the last conference call blizz has 8.3 mill subs and they pridict another drop be4 the xpac ends so losing 3 mill due to the removal of flying would be a realy bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    agree with this 100% ppl dont kill ur alts to get you on ur main.
    Also pretty true. You don't see level 90's engaging each other at all really, at least not on my server. Lots of lowbie ganking though.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removeing flying mounts is not the answer, Inter active pvp areas in the world is. I loved the zones in BC that had towers to capture, it was fun fighting for the buff. In mop they had the same thing near lions landing and domination point and pvp broke out there alot on my server and still does. If they did something like this but made it say a pandaria wide faction specific buff that would be fantastic.

Would help with the profesion botting, however they could make it where if you fly you have 2minutes before you can herb or mine again. That way it forces bots to have to deal with mobs. And possibly help that portion of economy.. Would be a idea for next expansion when economy resets a little.

if they remove flying mounts, I'd leave the game.

it's a convenience thing now, flying mounts make up a LARGE portion of our mount inventory, and it's something we've had for the last 4 expansions now. Really, we've had more time with flying mounts than without, the only time we didn't have them was vanilla.

and as for "World PvP killer". if you want to gank someone that bad, get the turtle shell that dismounts them. or, stranger thought, go make world pvp of your own. get a group and attack the enemy faction. hit up goldshire or razor hill. World PvP is there, people just don't know how to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Aside from the obvious issues with places like Deepholm etc, I have no problem with this.
    its possible to get to 85 w/o going deepholm but it would also require doing both hyjal and vashj

Flying is here to stay, dont like it? dont cast the fucking thing and mount up.
    Solution is right there smacking you in the face, so if all you wannabe world pvp'ers wanna pvp stop being the selfish fucks you are and dont cast it, jog on and go do it on a pvp server thats populated otherwise stop trying to bring doom down on everyone else.

is it just me though that cant compute the mindset of some people that play this game?!?
    'I dont want flying mounts because i want to world pvp so take it away from everyone to suit me'.

Ive said it before if they did take it away the same asshats that keep bringing up these threads wanting this would piss and moan within a week....if that, the same people that want vanilla servers.....fucking dillusional.

They were able to remove 'have group will travel' despite major complaints, but I don't think the same could be said about flying mounts. Not only are there several zones where you're expected to have one to navigate, such as Storm Peaks, Tempest Keep, Icecrown and other locations, but it's been part of the game since BC. Maybe they could put limits on flying mounts. But that's it.

I don't really see flying mounts as the wpvp killer either. I think it's more that blizzard has moved the pvp focus increasingly into instanced pvp. First with bgs, then arena, and now rated bgs. WPvP simply has no reward, no incentive. Any honor you can get from it, you'll get more from bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it ironic that the expansion that introduced flying mounts which are apparently universally reviled is also the expansion that is also universally hailed as the best one ever released. It's great and it shows you how crazy it must be to develop this game sometimes. But yes get rid of flying mounts because 1.3 million subscribers out the window wasn't enough already. I'll quote the developer.

Ghostcrawler @StephenReis123 It is hard to move backwards for sure.
    Well at least somebody has some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    You know what killed world PVP? Battlegrounds.

Ban battlegrounds.
    Agreed and also make is so you have to grind honorable kills for 12+ hours per day to reach the top PvP ranks again.

The purpose of World PvP was to grind need honorable kills and to kills those weaker than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    they could add a cooldown to flying mounts, they could limit the height and at which they can fly, or they could even make them act like npc Flying points that u carry around with you, meaning u summon the mount and the world map appears like when u go to the flying thing in towns...

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking it out entirely would be extremely difficult if not impossible. One idea I've seen here on MMO-champ to reduce the amount of flying is to give flying mounts endurance, like holding your breath underwater. Another idea would be to have "flying mount food" that got consumed as the mount flew - flying around, espeically at high speed, could literally cost you gold. My personal suggestion is to add scary aerial mobs, like the black dragons you used to run into over Blade's Edge - Blizz could even implement the long-promised aerial combat.

Also: They removed talent trees, I don't see why they couldn't (potentially) remove flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to ask all these suggestions are neat and stuff but do you think it will fulfil any function? Immersion didn't die because of flying mounts. It died because you got smart and wise to the game. You want immersion back go lobotomize yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I have to ask all these suggestions are neat and stuff but do you think it will fulfil any function? Immersion didn't die because of flying mounts. It died because you got smart and wise to the game. You want immersion back go lobotomize yourself.
    I wish I could upvote this or something.