Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    This is pretty much it right here.

They should make weapons to knock people off their mounts/flying mounts in PvP heavy zones.
    Holy crap batman... they DO have an item you can use to dismount another player.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Well, I for one am tired of hearing ppl bitch about PvP killing. It's pathetic to see people cry just because they can no longer gank innocent players trying to lvl up, or do quests.
    I find it even more annoying then the losers who are so pathetic they have to kill/gank low lvl players. Seriously, are they really that lame that they need to go after low lvls just to get a kill?

Those guys really need to grow up and realize this game is "evolving" which you'd have known if you had actually read the little message on the cover when you bought the game.
    Just shut up and enjoy the game, that's all I can say.

Why do people who claim to want World PvP back always blame things that have nothing to do with legit PvP?

If someone wants to fight you, they will. If they want to just do their dailies or gather herbs, why should they suddenly have to stop what they are doing to satisfy your demands? And why do you think its not only acceptable but required that you should be able to easily gank anyone just trying to quest and level up?

If you REALLY wanted World PvP you'd be asking for more PvP zones - areas like Wintergrasp or Tol Barad, but dialed up even further. Large constant world battlezones with objectives and a never ending stream of players who WANT to fight with you. No flying, no instancing, no phasing. Heck, with CRZ's its even possible that Alliance/Horde ratios can be balanced! Why don't you want this?

The fact you're not asking for the sensible thing, and are instead demanding that EVERYONE ELSE loses game quality to satisfy you implies some extreme ego and entitlement issues. Either that or cowardice because you know it will involve people who are able to fight back and possibly defeat you.

They could do it easily, BUT

People would complain
    Time, effort and money to redesign some parts of the game,

But Im more than willing to bet it was harder to change / adapt azeroth to allow flying (by making everything "3d") than to put restrictions on all mounts to stop them flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    Most people find it very convenient and a small few point to it as one of the worst additions to the game. I'm talking about the world pvp killer, yes friends im talking about flying mounts.
    Whole thread is stupid because you started from totally wrong premise. World PvP was killed by the addition of battlegrounds, long before flying mounts.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    They could do it easily, BUT

People would complain
    Time, effort and money to redesign some parts of the game,

But Im more than willing to bet it was harder to change / adapt azeroth to allow flying (by making everything "3d") than to put restrictions on all mounts to stop them flying.
    The funny part is that Azeroth was always "3D" Blizzard layers certain things in the z-axis and then puts sky boxes to hide what's hiding where. Blizzard also had a lot of random "ugly" testing areas hiding in mountains and what not that they didn't want players to see. Them saying that they had to make Azeroth "3D" in Cataclysm to enable flying there was a bold face lie. What they wanted and what they did, was make Azeroth pretty and less messy in places you can only see from the air while developing Cataclysm.

As towards removing flight from the game.
    NO
    As a druid I fought long and hard, spending months flailing as hard as I could to get flight form implemented back into the game (there was a brief period were it was in closed beta). I got flight form back in TBC and flight form has been a huge reason as to why I stuck with my druid as long as I have. Every time a zone is implemented where flight is disabled I feel severely cheated and crippled out of a core class concept. Imagine if warlocks had a zone where they couldn't summon demons at all, or warriors had to stay in battle stance only. That's what no-fly zones are like to druids.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Stop blaming flying. If people wanted to engage in certain activities because they think they're fun, they would do so. Forcing people to do something doesn't imply them having fun.
    Ha. I believe you are mistaken. People will do the most "efficient" activity, fun be damned. Blizzard even has a term for this, "Mechanar Syndrome".

Of course they will then blame Blizzard when they find it boring. LOL

Nope - Sadly, I was in love with Flying Mounts when they were implemented, but they've destroyed a lot of World PvP, and ruined any form of immersion.

To take it out now, is a major risk, and likely a death sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Flying is not a problem in WoW.

I have several cool and awesome flying mounts, and I don't want them taken away because someone mistakenly thinks that "everything will be solved" if you can no longer fly. World PvP wont return. People that PvP will stick to avenues which actually provide rewards, like battlegrounds and arenas, regardless of whether flying mounts are removed. Server imbalances are too large on PvP servers to warrant "true" PvP beyond "repeated ganking."

Requiring max level to use a flying mount in an expansion continent, or having specific zones in which flying mounts don't work (like Wintergrasp during battles,) is fine.

But to completely remove flying mounts is just a stupid idea.

Now, I'm not insulting you as a person.

I just wish to destroy this incorrect assumption regarding flying mounts so thoroughly; so utterly, that blizzard will not incorrectly listen to it and implement it in some way.
    ^QFT
    Very well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Nope - Sadly, I was in love with Flying Mounts when they were implemented, but they've destroyed a lot of World PvP, and ruined any form of immersion.

To take it out now, is a major risk, and likely a death sentence.
    ...am I the only one who's still wondering why people bring up flying mounts hurting world PVP ganking SEVEN years later!?

If it was a deal breaker for you back then, how come you are still playing SEVEN years later? How come even in Wrath we saw the highest sustained subscription ever in Warcraft history?

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The introduction of Battlegrounds are what killed World PvP. Long before flying mounts were introduced.

And it may have hurt your immersion but mine has been increased with flying mounts.
    Got to admit that's VERY true... combine that with the Honor system (ANY system that has a cumulative form of progress currency, for that matter) along with cross-realm Battlegrounds introduced in Burning Crusade - and world PVP is extinct.