Ele Shaman concerns

Our Ele Shaman is yet again concerned his Dps is not where it should be and would like some other opinions on the matter. Perhaps from a more experienced Shaman. He is simcrafted at around 140k his iLv is 520 any input would be appreciated! I will link him this thread so he may look it over! Also if anyone can see any other issues pls let me know we are trying to down Lei Shen atm and hitting some bumps in the road. Tyvm again for any info/assistance! http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xeqlfiveo3noc1vt/

10+ Year Old Account
    On worldoflogs you have a feature called 'ranks'. Basically it contains the best 200 parses per spec per fight. Whenever you kill a boss, you have a table called 'ranking info' (under dashboard). That shows the % how well a player has done relative to what it takes to get ranked.

Example:
    To get ranked on boss x as demo lock you need to do 120k dps
    To get ranked on boss x as fury warrior you need to do 100k dps
    This means that demo lock nr 200 on that fight did 120k dps, and fury warrior 200 did 100k dps to the same boss.

Now imagine in your raid that your demo lock does 90k dps and your fury warrior 85k dps. On the meters your lock beats your warrior, but in fact the warrior did 85% of what it takes to get ranked and your lock did 75%. If you were to exclude special jobs and rng you could say that your warrior did better on that fight than your lock, since lock is just a better spec for the fight.

There are a lot of drawbacks to use this method and by no means you should use it as the only measure to judge individual player performance.

But it does tell quickly how a player is performing relative to the rest of the raid. If 4 dps in your team are always in the 80%+ range and 1 dps is consistently in the 50% range then it's fairly safe to say that he is not on par with the rest of the team and might hold you back.

If all 5 dps on the other hand are always in the 70% range, but 1 player is always last on the meters, then it simply means that that player his class/spec is just not performing as well as the other specs, given equal player skill.

For the logs you linked:

Jinrokh:
    hunter 96.1%
    shaman 88.2%
    dl 84%
    mage 81.3%
    priest 74.2%

horridon:
    hunter 86.3%
    mage 78.1%
    dk 66.5%
    shaman 66.3%
    priest 56.6%

council
    hunter 69.4%
    dk 64.6%
    shaman 60.4%
    priest 57%
    mage 53.9%

tortos
    hunter 84.9%
    shaman 80.6%
    dk 76.7%
    mage 67.6%
    priest 55.6%

megaera
    hunter 84.9%
    shaman 80.6%
    dk 76.7%
    mage 67.6%
    priest 55%

ji kun
    mage 85.5%
    shaman 78.8%
    dk 69.5%
    priest 62.1%
    hunter 61.5%

durumu
    hunter 81.3%
    dk 70.6%
    shaman 68.6%
    mage 61.7%
    priest 45.7%

This is just from the logs you pasted, so by no means you should draw final conclusions. You really need more logs then this for that, everyone can have a bad day. Either way on pretty much every fight your hunter does more damage than the other dps, relative to what their spec can do. The shaman and the frost dk are very stable, and pretty close every time (even if thats different in absolute numbers on the meter), same for the mage, but the shadow priest is quite lower than the rest of your raid, relative to his own spec.

So no your ele is not holding you back, he is actually a pretty stable dps in your group.

Again this says nothing about how well he played his ele, it just offers a quick glance at how he performs relative to the group.

Tyvm for replying so quickly and taking the time to really check in on things! It is so much appreciated and will hopefully put our Shaman at ease I will show this to our Spriest as well though.

Deleted
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6jnmfpsaec6ec92s/ - Here are my logs (I'm also 520 ilvl). I didn't fight Jinrokh this week but You can compare logs. Mind that I've got 4pc and metagem.

EDIT : I've checked armory of that shaman, he also got 4pc and what I found from logs is that he has fewer LvB compared to me on similar length fight (Mageara I've got 102 LvBs during 6:45 fight, he got 94 during 7:10; or 102 vs 71 on 6:45 Durumu fight). LvB is our most contributing spell, thus either he misses LvB on everycooldown (I sometimes cast 1 LB when LvB is ready so those numbers could be higher), or he fails to instantly react to Lava Surge procc.
    Last edited by mmoc7a44256790; 2013-05-10 at 11:18 AM.

Elemental has so few spells in their cooldown that you really need to use the "always casting" approach. Any movement severely hinders the dps. I think the 5.3 changes to LB casting will help a lot.
    Last edited by re1oaded; 2013-05-10 at 01:12 PM.

Ele is very very subpar until u get your legendary meta gem. Once you get that, u will be owning fights like nobodys business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetsj View Post
    Ele is very very subpar until u get your legendary meta gem. Once you get that, u will be owning fights like nobodys business.
    Yeah, sure...owning. Sure...

Zenga's post has perfectly explained the options which WoL offers us. Other classes are usually the "owning" ones.

I keep seeing ppl say 5.3 will have changes for LB, but can't find the change in patch notes so what is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahodin View Post
    I keep seeing ppl say 5.3 will have changes for LB, but can't find the change in patch notes so what is it?
    The glyph of unleashed lightning that allows you to cast lightning bolt on the move at the cost of a 5% increased cast time will be removed from the game. The ability to cast LB on the move becomes baseline, without the 5% increased cast time.

So it's a direct buff to the amount of LBs you can cast, and side effects such as overload and lightning shield stacks.