Will this mouseover macro work?

Trying to help a guild make a mouseover that will apply her DOTs...will this work?

#showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [target=mouseover]Soulburn
    /cast [target=mouseover]Soul Swap

It might do, the mouseover line isnt needed for Soulburn though; it doesnt need a target.

I'd use this one instead, it gives you more control over when you soulburn. It lets you use Soul Swap normally via mouseover, but using it with <shift> will soulburn it onto your current target:

#showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [mod:shift]Soulburn
    /cast [nomod,target=mouseover] Soul Swap
    /cast [mod:shift] Soul Swap

Edit: Person above beat me to it
    Cyner#1996

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    bumping this with a followup q:

is there any mouseover SB:SS macro that will let me do the following ( keep in mind that i want to use this on shift+2 so any mod keys will not do it for me; also tried heatmiser's macro, if i dont have the mouse over my current target, even if it's selected, his macro won't work):

- if my mouse isn't over any target + i have a target selected, then shift+2 = SB:SS on my current target
    - if i do have my mouse over a target ( i.e. focus)+ i have another target selected, then shift+2 = SB:SS on my focus ?

cheers in advance

No need to report this for necro, it's fine ~niberion
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-10 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexeer View Post
    bumping this with a followup q:

is there any mouseover SB:SS macro that will let me do the following ( keep in mind that i want to use this on shift+2 so any mod keys will not do it for me; also tried heatmiser's macro, if i dont have the mouse over my current target, even if it's selected, his macro won't work):

- if my mouse isn't over any target + i have a target selected, then shift+2 = SB:SS on my current target
    - if i do have my mouse over a target ( i.e. focus)+ i have another target selected, then shift+2 = SB:SS on my focus ?

cheers in advance
    Code:
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /use Soulburn
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Soul Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /use Soulburn
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Soul Swap
    That doesn't fit his second one. Unless he's explaining what he's asking for poorly, he wants to cast SB:SS on his focus if he has his mouse over a target and he has a different target selected, which isn't possible to do in a macro.

I read it as the focus was just an example of a mouseovered unit, in which case my macro should work. I still read it that way, but I guess that might be just my brain trying to make sense of it in a way that it can be handled by a macro.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    cheers for the info, i'm afraid brusalk is right, still, was worth a shot.