Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    i don't like nothing about them, not even their heroes or villains, except Illidan (that i still find irritating somehow).
    maybe its because Illidans the first night elf to break for the status quo, sure he had the night elf average pumped up self arrogance, but he was dark, like Wrathion dark.
    Also, I use to like Malfurion, until the well of eternity instance with his line 'HUSH Tyrande!'.... are you fu**ing kidding me?? Tyrande and Illidan faught against mannaroth, and all you did was sit around like an ass, did nothing, and then come in after the battles won with your imposing wifebeater attitude? Just.. NO!

'Hush Tyrande', talk about taking a pin to a characters balloon.
    #boycottchina

Blood Elf
    Draenei
    Dragons
    "Too late, and to their sorrow, do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate" - Judge Bergan

The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts

Night Elf
    Blood Elf
    Draenei
    My deviantArt | Taking signature requests.

Deleted
    I personally love the Tol'vir ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Naga - I love their lore, and how they are. I am an avid player that wishes Naga were playable, but most of all I had wished they were a Race added into being playable for wc3 tft in custom games, didnt even needed to playable in multiplayer. (i know they have custom maps where they are playable, but I wished that blizzard had added them)

2. Forest Trolls - Wc2. I have been playing since the first game, and forest trolls are the only race I had wished to seen as playable since day 1. They are bulky, not skinny little things like the darkspear. They had the greatest leader, Zul'Jin, till blizzard retconned him to be an idiot. Long live the amani!

3. Nathrezim - They are the true sith lords, speaking the truth, that if you join the dark side, you get cookies, but they forgot to say you get fel infused and complete addiction to the power. Hell, they even corrupted Sargaras.

Last and Not Least - The silithid. zerg meets warcraft, minus the whole essence thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    maybe its because Illidans the first night elf to break for the status quo, sure he had the night elf average pumped up self arrogance, but he was dark, like Wrathion dark.
    Also, I use to like Malfurion, until the well of eternity instance with his line 'HUSH Tyrande!'.... are you fu**ing kidding me?? Tyrande and Illidan faught against mannaroth, and all you did was sit around like an ass, did nothing, and then come in after the battles won with your imposing wifebeater attitude? Just.. NO!

'Hush Tyrande', talk about taking a pin to a characters balloon.
    My problem with the Night Elves is their unique, terrible combination of the bigoted culture of the Humans, with the arrogance of the Blood Elves. Seriously, is an awful combo, reason for which while these two races are "not that bad" for me, the NE are terrible. Illidan has been a power-hungry jerk, but also an out-and-out victim of them. It's the main reason for which while never doing something really bad, wrong, or evil, became judged to death, imprisoned and exiled, treated like worthless shit without even considering for a single second that his role in both the Burning Legion invasions has been essential for save their purple asses.

Malfurion is an important character and some few things about him are not bad, but have an almost-neutral attitude that, if i was an Alliance player, i would find annoying indeed. More than almost-neutral just seems almost-non existent. While i like that compared to most of the night elves he's absolutely the less arrogant and supremacist, on the other hand is probably one of the most bigoted, and one like HIM doesn't give a FUCK about Garrosh invading Ashenvale, killing Night Elves and cutting forests? Also this "not-cut-trees" thing is terrible for me. Of course it's like a dogma of their "religion of nature", have importance and sense for them, but seems exaggerated to me.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-20 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    My problem with the Night Elves is their unique, terrible combination of the bigoted culture of the Humans, with the self arrogance of the Blood Elves. Seriously, is an awful combo, reason for which while these two races are "not that bad" for me, the NE are terrible. Illidan has been a power-hungry jerk, but also an half-victim of that. It's the main reason for which while never doing something really bad, wrong, or evil, became judged to death, imprisoned and exiled, treated like worthless shit without even considering for a single second that his role in both the Burning Legion invasions has been essential for save their purple asses.

Malfurion is an important character and some few things of him are not bad, but have an almost-neutral attitude that, if i was an Alliance player, i would find annoying indeed. More than almost-neutral just seems almost-non existent. While i like that compared to most of the night elves he's absolutely the less arrogant and supremacist, on the other hand is probably one of the more bigoted, and one like HIM doesn't give a FUCK about Garrosh invading Ashenvale, killing Night Elves and cutting forests? Also this "not-cut-trees" thing is terrible for me. Of course is like a dogma of their "religion of nature", have importance and sense for them, but seems exaggerated to me.
    Tell me, when your grandparents told you "don't take poo off the floor" did you think they were arrogant and thought they think they're better then you?

That's what night elves do. They fried themselves with arcane magic, then stopped using it, and started telling everyone "don't pick up arcane magic, it's corrupting". And they're right. They're not arrogant, they just see others making the same mistakes and tell them to stop then said others tell them something like "oh shut up old man, we know what we're doing" like those noisy arrogant kids. For the night elves, the races not even willing to listen to their mistakes and try not to repeat them are the arrogant ones, they're children with no experience.

Also, Illidan was a villan to the core. He was power hungry to the point of not caring of his own even since the War of the Ancients. In War of the Ancients he drains the Spellborne of magic to exhaustion to amplify his magic, he hits some of his own troops on the field etc, and when he sees his efforts are not cheered by the "lesser" kaldorei, he goes to get the magic from Azshara in an attempt to kill her on his own because he thought he's awesome. He is that spoiled child that gets angry when not getting what he wants. And then, he makes a new Well, thus ensuring the Legion will return!
    Later, when he's released by Tyrande to give him a chance, what's the first thing he does? Deals with a death knight, infuses himself with fel then he's sad his people don't cheer on him for becoming a demon. You might say "well ok, but then he left and got some naga and tried to kill the Lich King", ummm, hello? on the way of leaving, he went and destroyed night elf fishing villages and killed everyone there "because". He killed innocent night elf fishermen just because.
    I won't even count later facts, like allying with the Kil'jaden, then trying to double-cross Kil'jaden, then treating the broken ones like the Legion treated them... I mean seriously, he's as evil as it can get.
    He only ever cared about one another, Tyrande. But unfortunately for him, Tyrande did not care about him.

Agreed on Malfurion though, they messed him and Tyrande up. And before someone brings up that she is the same as before, before she was ferocious but calculated, now she's a barbarian.

On the night elf love to trees though, it's more like some childhood pet. Remember that night elves can understand trees, and many saw the forest of Ashenvale from the start. Still, that said, In Wolfheart Tyrande thought she could burn the forest just so that, even if they don't win, orcs and their magnataurs don't either.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-05-10 at 06:31 PM.

Human
    Undead

Murloc
    Vrykul
    High Elf

Darkfallen - http://www.wowpedia.org/Darkfallen
    Blood Elf/Felbood Elf - http://www.wowpedia.org/Felblood_Elf
    Undead (Forsaken)
    Nathrezim - http://www.wowpedia.org/Nathrezim
    Sayaad - http://www.wowpedia.org/Sayaad

Naga, Worgen, Satyr,Night Elves, and Draenei are also pretty cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Tell me, when your grandparents told you "don't take poo off the floor" did you think they were arrogant and thought they think they're better then you?

That's what night elves do. They fried themselves with arcane magic, then stopped using it, and started telling everyone "don't pick up arcane magic, it's corrupting". And they're right. They're not arrogant, they just see others making the same mistakes and tell them to stop then said others tell them something like "oh shut up old man, we know what we're doing" like those noisy arrogant kids. For the night elves, the races not even willing to listen to their mistakes and try not to repeat them are the arrogant ones, they're children with no experience.

Also, Illidan was a villan to the core. He was power hungry to the point of not caring of his own even since the War of the Ancients. In War of the Ancients he drains the Spellborne of magic to exhaustion to amplify his magic, he hits some of his own troops on the field etc, and when he sees his efforts are not cheered by the "lesser" kaldorei, he goes to get the magic from Azshara in an attempt to kill her on his own because he thought he's awesome. He is that spoiled child that gets angry when not getting what he wants. And then, he makes a new Well, thus ensuring the Legion will return!
    Later, when he's released by Tyrande to give him a chance, what's the first thing he does? Deals with a death knight, infuses himself with fel then he's sad his people don't cheer on him for becoming a demon. You might say "well ok, but then he left and got some naga and tried to kill the Lich King", ummm, hello? on the way of leaving, he went and destroyed night elf fishing villages and killed everyone there "because". He killed innocent night elf fishermen just because.
    I won't even count later facts, like allying with the Kil'jaden, then trying to double-cross Kil'jaden, then treating the broken ones like the Legion treated them... I mean seriously, he's as evil as it can get.
    He only ever cared about one another, Tyrande. But unfortunately for him, Tyrande did not care about him.

Agreed on Malfurion though, they messed him and Tyrande up. And before someone brings up that she is the same as before, before she was ferocious but calculated, now she's a barbarian.

On the night elf love to trees though, it's more like some childhood pet. Remember that night elves can understand trees, and many saw the forest of Ashenvale from the start. Still, that said, In Wolfheart Tyrande thought she could burn the forest just so that, even if they don't win, orcs and their magnataurs don't either.
    I can't hide my little amusement to see how i hurt your night elven heart. I wouldn't want to create a discussion about it but, on the other hand, i cannot save myself from answer some of these statements.

First of all, no, i never thougth my parents or grandparents to be arrogant or feeling superior for saving me, a mindless little child, to do something absolutely stupid that i couldn't avoid, and not only because i don't have experience about it, but because as a child i cannot make some decent reasoning, not like an adult. But as an adult/boy/man, they will surely try to do the same, because of their "experience". While can even be right in some occasions, in others they just try to overlap their personal life experiences to my own, (i'm using "my" as a general statement, not intending specifically my parents) without considering that, you know, i'm not their carbon copy, and i have a life that proceed different from theirs, different times, different relationships, friends, loves and so on. And the only reason for which i don't consider them arrogant is just because they are my relatives, they care for their son/nephew and their excessive overlaping of their own experiences to mines is just because they think to save me from bad or painful situations. It's justified.

Problem is, the night elves are NOT our grandparents, and they shouldn't have the misplaced arrogance and superiority complex to belive so.
    The whole comparison parents-kids and night elves-other races is hollow. Their "mistake" was not the usage of the arcane magic, but the horrible ABUSE they made of it, and the way most of the other races learned to efficentively use the arcane magic, even without looking at the night elves with eyes of children that needs to learn how to light an oven without burn oneself, is the greatest prove. Sure, in the way to control it these races surely made mistakes and someone got corrupted, but they did it in the end, without gigantic problems, and now are even able to control fel magic without losing themselves to corruption (the common warlocks of the Alliance/Horde).

The night elves instead began as completely inexperienced users of the arcane magic, but because of the arrogance they have in their DNA, they abused its powers like spoiled brats, depending completely on it, and treated the Well of Eternity like some kind of recreation ground on which sucks arcane like the well was a fruit-juice. Thanks to it they began to expand their territory seemingly without restraint, even shattering to pieces the oldest empires in the world, the Amani and the Gurubashi of the troll kind, as they were unable to counter something never seen.
    Not satisfied of this, addicted to the arcane to gigantic levels, the more elitist jerks became so supremacists to be nauseating even for a modern Blood Elf, and ended up to think something very intelligent like using the Gigantic Fruit-Juice, or Well of Eternity, to call the Burning Legion to Azeroth, big-boss included. Wow, that's huge.
    Yeah, we know the story, these Highborne didn't speak anymore for the majority of the elves, still doesn't change the fact that the greatest mess that Azeroth has ever seen has been brougth by begin to end by night elves. War of the Ancients, Malfurion becoming a druid and showing a different way of power, and world "saved", or maybe not, the world was shattered, by night elves hands to stop a night elves mess, killing who knows how many creatures and worsening even more the situation of the trolls, that not only had their empires shattered, by now even their very survival to the edge, especially for the Gurubashi that were forced to desperatily call out any deity that could help them, with only Hakkar responding. Ouch. Never wondered why Trolls hate the Night Elves so much instead of look at them as some kind of supposed experienced teachers beliving to have the right to judge them?

And after all this mess, they just discarded the arcane with all of their forces because they were too scared of even touching again a single fragment of it because of the terrible events they and they alone experienced. And they never used it again. Never. And those who actually really used arcane magic were the elitist jerks, that are Naga now, Illidan and the High Elves, the lesser elitist jerks, later exiled to the Eastern because of the night elves compulsive fear, and as any choice made by fear, was just a "stay away from us!!!", without considering that have them under watchful eye was much more safer for anyone, instead of just sending them who knows where and, well, who cares.
    But the night elves remained didn't have all that grasp of arcane magic, so in the end, they saw the terrible results of the abuse their wise and lovable brethren made, beliving that any kind of relationship with arcane magic could, in the end, bring the same disaster, but without even the slightest knowledge of how arcane magic works.
    Ignorants, and as all ignorants, scared of what they don't know or cannot understand. And it's for fear and ignorance that Illidan remained caged for 10.000 years, despite this egoistical power-hungry jerk created the very base of their immortality.
    Nah who cares, he's an addicted sucker, fuck off and let's forget about him in a cage for 10.000 years. He was not a villain to the core, Gul'dan is. Illidan was, while skilled, just extremely vulnerable to magic addiction, and made mistakes about it. Yeah, punish him. But after that the second Well became Nordrassil, with no other source of arcane magic around, stop it. Punish him but then leave him be. Or at least exile him. No, he's immortal now, let's forget about him there. No wonder he was a little upset when in WC3 his brother was SO GOOD to free him after thousand of years (not because he had an urgent need of help, was all goodness), too bad those 10.000 years alone in darkness created in his mind the first piece of insanity that will lead him to the complete madness in TBC.
    They never dared to say at least "THANKS" to him, only judging. No matter how much they can be disgusted by him, amplified by their ignorance, but without him, on the end of the day, they would be all dead now, by old age or burned by the Legion. Then exile him, punish him, do what you want. But saying "thanks" sometimes doesn't hurt, and have unexpected good results on someone that, while absolutely power-hungry, wanted to defend his people too, but just on his own personal way. No need to be bigoted all the day.

But...nah, nothing to see here. We are night elves, we are good and know what is the best for anyone. Curses and pain to anyone who dares to question our judgement, these arrogant pups. Hah.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-09 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with the Night Elves is their unique, terrible combination of the bigoted culture of the Humans, with the self arrogance of the Blood Elves. Seriously, is an awful combo, reason for which while these two races are "not that bad" for me, the NE are terrible. Illidan has been a power-hungry jerk, but also an out-and-out victim of them. It's the main reason for which while never doing something really bad, wrong, or evil, became judged to death, imprisoned and exiled, treated like worthless shit without even considering for a single second that his role in both the Burning Legion invasions has been essential for save their purple asses.

Malfurion is an important character and some few things about him are not bad, but have an almost-neutral attitude that, if i was an Alliance player, i would find annoying indeed. More than almost-neutral just seems almost-non existent. While i like that compared to most of the night elves he's absolutely the less arrogant and supremacist, on the other hand is probably one of the most bigoted, and one like HIM doesn't give a FUCK about Garrosh invading Ashenvale, killing Night Elves and cutting forests? Also this "not-cut-trees" thing is terrible for me. Of course it's like a dogma of their "religion of nature", have importance and sense for them, but seems exaggerated to me.
    You talk about whole Night Elf race by using Stromrage Brothers. One of most humiliating brothers in history on Night Elves. I agree with you about Both of them. Illidan was power obsessed jerk and Malfurion non existent bigot! But all the Night Elves proved to be different. Tyrande was totally diferent until WoW. I loved her in WC3 she was ferocious and brave woman. She managed to oppose to Orc and Human alliance plus Undead and Legion Armies. Shandris Feathermoon was epic too. Im not talking about my favorite character Maiev. She represents how Night elves were back than. How strong and nonindependent, though Arrogant. I loved Night elves pre WoW period until they made them join Alliance and lose their ferociousness. Became puppets of Humans. Thats why I like Maiev she strives to make them (night elves) strong again.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    You talk about whole Night Elf race by using Stromrage Brothers. One of most humiliating brothers in history on Night Elves. I agree with you about Both of them. Illidan was power obsessed jerk and Malfurion non existent bigot! But all the Night Elves proved to be different. Tyrande was totally diferent until WoW. I loved her in WC3 she was ferocious and brave woman. She managed to oppose to Orc and Human alliance plus Undead and Legion Armies. Shandris Feathermoon was epic too. Im not talking about my favorite character Maiev. She represents how Night elves were back than. How strong and nonindependent, though Arrogant. I loved Night elves pre WoW period until they made them join Alliance and lose their ferociousness. Became puppets of Humans. Thats why I like Maiev she strives to make them (night elves) strong again.
    Maiev is kind of a dick, and in the recent Wolfheart book, she was also shown to be crazy and a murderer.

Forsaken
    Gnomes
    Blood Elves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Maiev is kind of a dick, and in the recent Wolfheart book, she was also shown to be crazy and a murderer.
    She is not Crazy she is on her clear mind I think. Maievs action are justified as they treated her. Malfurion deserves Death as he acts now and for his crimes he has done to Night elves and her !

1) Yaungol
    2) Dwarves
    3) Orcs (I mean Garroshes Horde ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nippleless ones, servant of the fifth old god. As name suggest they do not posses nipples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    I agree that Tyrande is not that bad, yeah have that blind fear of arcane in her mind, but is a honest character and i like it. Also, despite what Snowraven said, is false that she didn't care about Illidan, she just didn't had a love interest for him, and is another thing. She has ever been preoccupied for Illidan as friend, mostly for his dangerous choices. Shandris is not bad too, agreed, and ill'go so far as to say that even the Shadowsong brother of Maiev is a nice character.

But the whole race is another thing. You said i judged the race using the Stormrage brothers, and is wrong. I judged some actions both made but never intended to be used as some kind of basic measure for the night elves. All of what i wrote was intending the choices the RACE made, the fact that the Highborne/Malfurion guided them doesn't mean they were mindless slaves that never agreed what their leadership did, with the exception of Tyrande, Malfurion and, well, Illidan too in HIS WAY, going against the Highborne, then, in the end, followed by anyone else not so retarded to follow what the elitist jerks were doing.
    For the rest the night elves have in their DNA the arrogance, Malfurion's leadership just made it less prominent, but most are still bigoted, completely inflexible to their way of life and many of them are too easy to judge the other ones or just acting pompous. Of course, as all races, who more, who less, who none, who completely, but compared to the other races they have it much more as a trait of the race, while others not (the ones closer are the Blood Elves, but just the arrogance, they are not bigoted at all).
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-11 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GRUMMLES! ("What's your luckydoo!?")
    Ethereals
    Blood Elves / High Elves
    Worgen
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Tyrande is not that bad, yeah have that blind fear of arcane in her mind, but is an honest character and i like it. Also, despite what Snowraven said, is false that she didn't care about Illidan, she just didn't had a love interest for him, and is another thing. She has ever been preoccupied for Illidan as friend, mostly for his dangerous choices. Shandris is not bad too, agreed, and ill'go so far as to say that even the Shadowsong brother of Maiev is a nice character.

But the whole race is another thing. You said i judged the race using the Stormrage brothers, and is wrong. I judged some actions both made but never intended to be used as some kind of basic measure for the night elves. All of what i wrote was intending the choices the RACE made, the fact that the Highborne/Malfurion guided them doesn't mean they were mindless slaves that never agreed what their leadership did, with the exception of Tyrande, Malfurion and, well, Illidan too in HIS WAY, going against the Highborne, then, in the end, followed by anyone else not so retarded to follow what the elitist jerks were doing.
    For the rest the night elves have in their DNA the arrogance, Malfurion's leadership just made it less prominent, but most are still bigoted, completely inflexible to their way of life and many of them are too easy to judge the other ones or just acting pompous. Of course, as all races, who more, who less, who none, who completely, but compared to the other races they have it much more as a trait of the race, while others not (the ones closer are the Blood Elves, but just the arrogance, they are not bigoted at all).
    Totally agree with whole Comment. Night Elves are quite Arrogant race, which they have lost nowadays but still. They were epic for their Arrogance and Ferocious. They have reason to be arrogant dont they? They lived for so many centuries without dying , Gaining experience in War, in art, in everyday life. They won War against Legion alone and then again saved world from Archimonde. They have dwell all the problem alone while another races where progressing somewhere. They have reason!

As for Tyrande I agree she cared about Illidan as a friend and Comrade. She might had some feeling towards him until his imprisonment but it would surly disappear when Illidan has committed that outrageous crimes. Still she remembered him for all 10 000 years and She remembers him even now when he is dead (Wolfheart). IDK what what she found in Shando Stormrage but its OK!

So mainly our thoughts about Night Elves match but I see them live very EPIC race. This Arrogance I see as good characteristic for them.

Grummles hands down.