Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    most likely, probablly by the end of the year
    Why in the World would they do that aside from you F2P guys wanting them too, badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Yeah WoW is going F2P because fuck money. Do you think games like LoL are making more money than 8m Subs WoW?
    I'm by now convinced that they have no idea about how all of this works, if they were allowed to run one of the well etablished studios/publishers they'd most likely run it into the ground in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    In a magic world where everyone paid in dollars, per month, this might be true, but they don't, so it's not.
    True, Europeans pay in Euro and therefore pay even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    None of it was really a troll. They compared WOW to a few other MMO's and how they run.

its worth watching and hell mite as well spend 11min's watching it unless you rather go do some dailys and wait for that Q to pop.
    Am actually at work, dont have the time to devote to IGN...

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Even if you subscribe to an additional account they still will not make $1.4 billion from WOW.
    /chuckle... you do find a way to make today better... thank you...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    IGN is like Fox News of gaming.

I mean who cares if ever becomes free to play or not. IF it ever does, means that sub numbers will have dipped to a very low amount that the community will be gone, so yeah its free but having say not enough people on my server to even raid does not make it worthwhile. Plus F2P means what?? Are they then going to charge you for xmount of character slots or gettin certain upgrades. I hate that crap, even though I guess you can spend what you want but they are playing the drug dealer game of "first hits for free".

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    IGN is like Fox News of gaming.
    Fair and Balanced??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Ooh, you don't want to anger my source. He's black. He's a bit on the round side, but hard as a rock.

I told him about your comment, and asked him what he thought. He said, "Reply hazy, try again."

I could tell he was trying to avoid the question, but I refused to let him off easy, and asked him again. His reply was, "Ask again later."

At this point, I knew it was too late. In a hushed tone, I asked what he was going to do about your comment. All he said was, "Better not tell you now."
    Oh Magic 8 Ball we love you so.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Let's be serious here, do you really think that people quitting wow would stay if it goes f2p ? I don't think so....

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your concept of same or more "fun" content is completely subjective. I kick myself every time I blow $60 bucks on a new mmo and end up coming back to wow anyways. Personally I don't think its "fun" to pay real money to have more than 2 bags nor is it "fun" to have to pay for more than 2 character slots. I especially don't find it to be fun to go back to a subscription game that went f2p and find out that most of the stuff I had I can't use unless I pay.

F2P is a shell game, an illusion to fool you. I think you will find with most shell games the house comes out on top.
    You stop paying ur 15$ you lose everything I chose not to pay the 2$ for a bag space and guess what I got....the full game to still play.

and that is in a f2p game.

in a b2p game like guild wars 2 I got everything you do if not some things more and guess what....no sub fee
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched 6 mins of it, I will sum it up for you. They put a misleading title on the article to get you to click on it like its breaking news that Wow is now F2P, and then 1 nerd tries to get 3 nerds to agree with him that wow will very soon go F2P. Those nerds reply, "No, even down to 8 million players thats a phenominal success under any MMO measurement that you can take especially for a game almost a decade old. It is the very pinnacle of MMO's and will go down in histroy as the most successful of online games." Stretch that out for 11 minutes.

Now you don't have to waste 6 mins of your life like I did, even 15 mins of twillight was better spent than on this video.
    lol... my knowledge and interest in twilight is um... zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Man, that honestly reminds me of all of the people on these forums with threads and posts about WoW dying and how it should be F2P, lol.

0/10 IGN writer.
    I think it's just a doomsday preacher with multiaccounts.

And secondly, if it would ever go F2P, I'd quit.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    It was pay to play at 4M subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What difference does it make if you pay $15 to have some more bag space or to simply access the servers?
    The difference is wow isn't hiding its subscription cost behind a 'nickle and dime you' shell game. I know what I am getting for my $15 bucks and they dont try to decieve me. As long as the game is worth 15 a month to me I will continue to spend it. Logging into a "f2p" game (and I do use the quotes on purpose) and finding out that I have to empty my bags every 10 mins or buy bag space is deceptive. I don't have a problem with paying for cosmetic changes like a wedding dress in city of villains so I can play 'Undead Bride' the zombie summoning villain as its not a quality of life improvement or a requirement to play.

Even in interviews the creator of GW2 says its not F2P, its B2P. He even went so far as to interupt and correct the host of up all night on IGN when he said it was F2P. Champions online = More than 2 characters, all the power sets, choose your own power paths, are pay to play, want all the costume options? You have to buy each individual piece or set one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Here is the reason why it will never happen...

8.3 million subscriptions x $15 a month = $124,500,000 a month
    And servers and bandwidth is getting cheaper and cheaper. While the price of WoW monthly has stayed the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Man, that honestly reminds me of all of the people on these forums with threads and posts about WoW dying
    They are right though, they have been right ever since the end of WotLK. It's simply a slow process. WoW is dying, but it will still be around for at least a few more years.

About F2P though, the subs will need to drop to about 1 million for Blizzard to even consider it. That won't be happening anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in interviews the creator of GW2 says its not F2P, its B2P. He even went so far as to interupt and correct the host of up all night on IGN when he said it was F2P.
    GW2 is B2P since you buy the box (the actual game). You get access to everything in the game, there is no "premium" access.

It's a very different model than F2P.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try to start with the $15.00 a month....
    People need to stop using that number. Because only those who pay on a month to month basis do pay that much. There's a plethora of people who pay in 3 or 6 month segments. They pay either $14 or $13. So the maximum revenue with the figure $15.00 is false.

Next thing to drop should be the fanboyism. One doesn't have to be a f2p fan to guess that this possibility is not in the realm of utopia anymore. It's a plain and simple business decision. And the tendency of MMO's goes heavily towards f2p. Just because one dislikes the idea doesn't make it go away. Market and business mechanics exist for a reason. That reason is demand and supply.
    On the bigger picture. There's an amount of 250 mio people playing regularly every day (not counting the occasional players) on Facebook alone. All these games are f2p.
    What's that got to do with WoW? As much as there are potential customers amongst those people. I know several people who quit WoW and play those games now instead. That can very well go the other way around too.
    I would not out rule for WoW to become f2p at all. Once there's enough pressure from Activision, and the revenue numbers suggest a higher profit, the switch will be flipped.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The difference is wow isn't hiding its subscription cost behind a 'nickle and dime you' shell game. I know what I am getting for my $15 bucks and they dont try to decieve me. As long as the game is worth 15 a month to me I will continue to spend it. Logging into a "f2p" game (and I do use the quotes on purpose) and finding out that I have to empty my bags every 10 mins or buy bag space is deceptive. I don't have a problem with paying for cosmetic changes like a wedding dress in city of villains so I can play 'Undead Bride' the zombie summoning villain as its not a quality of life improvement or a requirement to play.

Even in interviews the creator of GW2 says its not F2P, its B2P. He even went so far as to interupt and correct the host of up all night on IGN when he said it was F2P. Champions online = More than 2 characters, all the power sets, choose your own power paths, are pay to play, want all the costume options? You have to buy each individual piece or set one at a time.
    How does a cash shop try to deceive you? Do they advertise one price and then charge you another? In F2P you can decide to live with inconvenience or pay to not deal with it. If WOW is worth $15 per month to access the servers, why would it be any different if it cost $10 to have 10 extra characters on your server and $5 to use all the bag slots?

If the game is worth $15 per month it is worth $15 per month the way that payment is broken down should make no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    lol... my knowledge and interest in twilight is um... zero.
    I suffered through 15 mins to humor my wife, won't do that again...

Anyways, anyone who really wants f2p for wow obviously doesn't understand the ramifications of that. What that means is that wow will not release as much content as quickly as they have been, and lets be honest theres so much content that people cant find time to level their alts and they are releasing the content so fast that many people are wondering if Blizzard keeps its employees in a dungeon.

Secondly it would mean they would have to take up a nickle and dime payment policy, You want 11 character slots? $! You want more than 2 12 slot bags? $! You want a flying mount? $! You want to unlock Blood Elves or Worgan? $$$!

WoW needs to have less than 1 million subs to consider f2p. So this is something we can talk about in 5 years or so.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Some people cannot comprehend the value of 8 million monthly subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by phenox View Post
    wow is not going free to play anytime soon, so go back to swtor lorto gw2 or any of the other shit free to play games and cry about it
    Such a constructive post. Also, Guild Wars 2 is not 'Free to Play' it's 'Buy to Play'. Meaning you have to first spend money to acces it. I don't know about you, but that's not free.

And no, I don't think WoW will go Free to Play soon. But eventualy, yes. The game runs too well to entirely close it. So, when WoW 'dies' it will launch it's Free to Play option.