Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I chose not to forfeit 11 min of my life to be trolled by IGN... sorry.
    they were talking about things that weren't even true like, 12 Mill subs end of 2012, Then you already know where this is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Im here because i actually care about Wow and what Blizzard do about it. Im a serious MMO fan and i want Wow to move in a better direction. I see there are dozens of other posters on these forums who have unsubbed and yet post on here... they too actually care.

Sadly people like u see everything as Black and White... basically speaking in the famous words of Bush jr "if ur not with us then u must be against us!"

Im simply on the fence and analysiing facts, i dont have an agenda and i dont take sides. Im not a fanboy and im not a hater.

If u actually bothered to read my posts then u would see this easy enough... instead of your blilnd hatred to someone who takes an opposing view to u.
    I read your posts... and sadly... I seem to have an opinion that is opposite of yours in nearly every single case... Period. Maybe thats why I'm putting my money where my mouth is and actually subscribing more than one account... and I find something enjoyable to do each and every time I log in.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

None of it was really a troll. They compared WOW to a few other MMO's and how they run.

its worth watching and hell mite as well spend 11min's watching it unless you rather go do some dailys and wait for that Q to pop.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-05-10 at 06:32 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    pretty much. so can we stop wasting internet with these pointless threads? thanks
    So pointless, you came in, read it, then responded. Not so pointless then I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    they were talking about things that weren't even true like, 12 Mill subs end of 2012, Then you already know where this is going.
    They made one error like you never did that before right.

I am the lost person to defend IGN but come on really now.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I read your posts... and sadly... I seem to have an opinion that is opposite of yours in nearly every single case... Period. Maybe thats why I'm putting my money where my mouth is and actually subscribing more than one account... and I find something enjoyable to do each and every time I log in.
    Even if you subscribe to an additional account they still will not make $1.4 billion from WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And that source would be??????? until this is told ill just say ur whole comment is bs.
    Ooh, you don't want to anger my source. He's black. He's a bit on the round side, but hard as a rock.

I told him about your comment, and asked him what he thought. He said, "Reply hazy, try again."

I could tell he was trying to avoid the question, but I refused to let him off easy, and asked him again. His reply was, "Ask again later."

At this point, I knew it was too late. In a hushed tone, I asked what he was going to do about your comment. All he said was, "Better not tell you now."
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this is getting more retarded with every day.

WoW has 8 million subs and prolly more than 9 million players.

F2P would drop subs to prolly 4 millions or 5. So why would they do such thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Why the hell would the game go free-to-play with over 8 million subscribers? The Chinese subs only pay a fraction of the EU/US subscription, and seeing as the majority of lost subs came from Asia, Blizzard's income from WoW hasn't gone down a whole lot.
    Yup. 1 million lost NA/EU subs is not the same as 1 million Asian subs. Asian players only average out to be paying about 5 dollars a month for WoW.

There's also this misconception that "WoW lost 1.3m in 3 months and is going to keep losing that amount and die by the end of the year!"
    That's not how it works. They shed a lot of Asian subs due to the massive amount of F2P MMOs launching out there in the last 6 months. Things like Age of Wushu that will never get mainstream NA/EU play are massive successes in Asia currently mainly due to the subscription model, or lack there of, that suits how the Asians handle internet/sub payments.

NA losses largely stem from the Valor/daily rep fiasco and the growing server population issues. Notice that EU had very little, if any, actual change. The losses that weren't in the east were largely isolated to the NA servers where there's a lot of realms dying entirely as people are transferring to daily and flooding servers like Stormrage and Area 52.

When losses occur, they'll take their decent bit up front then things level back out as the people who are enjoying the game are still playing and paying. Blizzard is aware of the issues and are taking steps towards fixing the issues on our side. Asia is basically a lost cause as long as WoW has a sub model. Most major sub losses that WoW has experienced have stemmed from them resubbing and mass unsubbing at incredibly frequent rates. Asia has been doing that for years. They need to focus more on the NA server issues and not repeating the Valor point fiasco.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-05-10 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Why would the number of players drop if the game was free? That simply does not make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Guess IGN is now the Fox News of video game news.
    You say that as if it was something new.

I don't think it's quite there yet. They still have a ways to go where the subscription model is profitable, but I think F2P is the model that's taking over the industry, for good or ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Why pay 15$ a month for wow when I can get the same or more content"fun" from a f2p game or spend 60$ one time on a b2p game.
    Your concept of same or more "fun" content is completely subjective. I kick myself every time I blow $60 bucks on a new mmo and end up coming back to wow anyways. Personally I don't think its "fun" to pay real money to have more than 2 bags nor is it "fun" to have to pay for more than 2 character slots. I especially don't find it to be fun to go back to a subscription game that went f2p and find out that most of the stuff I had I can't use unless I pay.

F2P is a shell game, an illusion to fool you. I think you will find with most shell games the house comes out on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

It goes F2P if it goes below 2M subs. if not even 1M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your concept of same or more "fun" content is completely subjective. I kick myself every time I blow $60 bucks on a new mmo and end up coming back to wow anyways. Personally I don't think its "fun" to pay real money to have more than 2 bags nor is it "fun" to have to pay for more than 2 character slots. I especially don't find it to be fun to go back to a subscription game that went f2p and find out that most of the stuff I had I can't use unless I pay.

F2P is a shell game, an illusion to fool you. I think you will find with most shell games the house comes out on top.
    What difference does it make if you pay $15 to have some more bag space or to simply access the servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I don't think it's quite there yet. They still have a ways to go where the subscription model is profitable, but I think F2P is the model that's taking over the industry, for good or ill.
    The growing popularity of F2P is going to lose them their entire Asian market. That's where over half of the losses came from, will be where most of the upcoming ones come from, and are the main source of every major loss in the history of WoW.

But that's fine. As long as they keep producing quality content for the rest of the players, so be it. There's a lot of money to be made in the Asian video game market but it's also an incredibly volatile gaming market unless you're a company like Riot Games offering a free game with microtransactions.

WoW could lose another 6 million subs and it would still be the most played MMO on the market.

The game will go F2P eventually, but not until they've decided to devote less resources to the game and the number of players is a hell of a lot lower than it is now. It won't be for another 3 years at the EARLIEST.

Don't worry.

Over these 10 (so far) pages of this thread, it's clear that we have a massive group of business experts roaming around. Some of them are also gaming experts, rocket science experts, hardcore experts, casual experts, life experts, MMO experts, universe experts. And they all gather here!

WoW can (and will) lose a lot more subscriptions before F2P surpass P2P model from a business point of view. It's not like they gather around a table, open MMO-C, see 137 threads about "WoW is dying" and decide "Hey guise, let's go F2P".

Also, people seem to ignore how MMO-market has changed since Vanilla. MMO players are now all spread in dozens (hundreds?) of games. WoW can't please everyone and people will keep leaving as a new MMO who fits their style better shows up. Doesn't mean WoW is worse than this new MMO. Just different style. So hold your horses, subs will still keep decreasing for some time.

Free-to-play tends to come together with pay-to-win and sometimes an even worse user base. I'm not to keen on adopting the model.

I watched 6 mins of it, I will sum it up for you. They put a misleading title on the article to get you to click on it like its breaking news that Wow is now F2P, and then 1 nerd tries to get 3 nerds to agree with him that wow will very soon go F2P. Those nerds reply, "No, even down to 8 million players thats a phenominal success under any MMO measurement that you can take especially for a game almost a decade old. It is the very pinnacle of MMO's and will go down in histroy as the most successful of online games." Stretch that out for 11 minutes.

Now you don't have to waste 6 mins of your life like I did, even 15 mins of twillight was better spent than on this video.